SiouxSports.com Forum

2020 Dumpster Fire (Enter at your own risk)

jk

36 minutes ago, UNDlaw80 said:

Most of my clients are conservative; primarily charged with grabbing women by the ****y.     It’s weird, there’s been a lot of that going around the last 3 years.  I can’t put my finger on it.:p

So you must have had first hand experience at that

8 minutes ago, UNDlaw80 said:

Today, 57 years after MLK' speech on equality, massive gathering in DC for the same.     When asked about it today, Trump replied 'no comment'.  

I've been hearing a lot of cult members go on about how BLM should be more like MLK.

Well, I've also been reminding them that MLK was shot and killed also. 

If George Floyd was the last straw, what is Kenosha?  

10 minutes ago, Hayduke1 said:

I've been hearing a lot of cult members go on about how BLM should be more like MLK.

Well, I've also been reminding them that MLK was shot and killed also. 

If George Floyd was the last straw, what is Kenosha?  

Kenosha made the map,
what will after Nov 3rd be - if Trump wins?

24 minutes ago, UNDlaw80 said:

Today, 57 years after MLK' speech on equality, massive gathering in DC for the same.     When asked about it today, Trump replied 'no comment'.  

Super spreader event, media won’t claim that for this kind of event...... only conservative gatherings!

for the record I think this event should have taken place but it is the hypocrisy that I am trying to point out

1 hour ago, AlphaMikeFoxtrot said:

They come as a package unfortunately. Although the Teacher's Union is no longer forced dues, so teachers can opt out of paying but still receive benefits.  Death by 1 million opt outs. 

I know some bleeding heart teachers that hate their union with a passion, but the cops I know are all-in on the union. That's just based on my sample size though.

Edit: we can't pick and choose public unions to fund. They are all detrimental to society in my opinion, but their endorsements are too important to politicians for any to take them on. If Trump was the rogue he says he is, he'd do it.

Teacher unions are against school choice because they will actually have to address bad teachers instead of protecting them or else they will lose enrollment. School choice is the best way to fix poor schools and give families that care about a quality education a fighting chance.

• Upvote 3

13 minutes ago, BarnWinterSportsEngelstad said:

Kenosha made the map,
what will after Nov 3rd be - if Trump wins?

Trump has done everything he can to push away minority votes.  If they come out in large numbers, he will lose. If he can suppress their vote, he might win.

He certainly won't attract their votes. 

2 minutes ago, Sioux>Bison said:

Teacher unions are against school choice because they will actually have to address bad teachers instead of protecting them or else they will lose enrollment. School choice is the best way to fix poor schools and give families that care about a quality education a fighting chance.

In theory, school choice works, but some shady charter schools opened without any oversight and ruined it for everyone. Even some that philosophically match what I want in my kids' education won't get a glance from us since the teachers lack accreditation.

I'd be all for school choice subsidizing my kids going to one of the top private schools in the country (it's in our neighborhood and we are already planning on sending them there), but I'm not holding out for it.

16 minutes ago, Hayduke1 said:

Trump has done everything he can to push away minority votes.  If they come out in large numbers, he will lose. If he can suppress their vote, he might win.

Things won’t fully change until the this country's demographics shift.  Change and equality will henceforth come from voting.  This will occur in 20 years.  

In many ways ‘Trumpism’ is the last stand against this inevitable occurrence.  Is it any surprise Trump’s demographic is older, un-diversified and monolithic?   Of course not.  

Once Trump is gone, you’ll see the Republican party modify and tailor itself to fit in with these inevitable demographic changes.

• Upvote 1

11 minutes ago, Hayduke1 said:

Wrong! (in trump voice)

21 minutes ago, Hayduke1 said:

All the Latinos I work with are voting Trump. They are as disgusted by whats going on as anybody else.

Things won’t fully change until the this country's demographics shift;  Voting will then enact change.  This will occur in 20 years.  

In many ways ‘Trumpism’ is the last stand against this inevitable occurrence.  Is it any surprise Trump’s demographic is older, un-diversified and monolithic?   Of course not.  

Once Trump is gone, you’ll see the Republican party modify and tailor itself to fit in with these inevitable demographic changes.

I agree.  This batch of fanatics know that their voice is actually the minority as of now. 

That is a fact.  Maybe not in their neck of the northern plains, but in our country.

Their views are in the minority also.

The majority of US Citizens favor some form of universal health care, abortion rights, gun restrictions, legalization of recreational marijuana, increased taxes on the upper class, increased spending to reduce or make free public post secondary education, higher teacher pay... I could go on. 

Even if Trump wins, it won't be by popular vote. 

Their gig is up.  You can't govern from the minority position for long in a democracy.  Otherwise, it won't be a democracy anymore. 

17 minutes ago, MrEdway said:

All the Latinos I work with are voting Trump. They are as disgusted by whats going on as anybody else.

Pues, mas que menos van a votar contra Trump. Yo se. 

Yo conozco que los Latinos les gustan a dar mentiras a los güeros.

9 hours ago, MrEdway said:

Latinos/Hispanics could be the GOP’s saving grace in the future. Very conservative culture with a massive population in the coming years.  

Thing is, Trump is still alienating most of this demographic with his not-too-nice rhetoric and his immigration policies.   If he didn't do as such, he could easily bring this demographic fully into the conservative fold.  But then again, a pro-immigration policy would alienate his existing base.   

42 minutes ago, Hayduke1 said:

You are delusional.  Trump rec'd 8% last election.  That will double this year.  Dems will wonder what happen.

Latino’s could be the GOP’s saving grace in the future. Very conservative culture with a massive population in the coming years.  

Thing is, Trump is alienating most of this demographic with his not-too-nice rhetoric and his immigration policies.   If he didn't do as such, he could easily bring this demographic fully into the conservative fold.  But then again, a pro-immigration policy would alienate his existing base.   

I can’t say I agree with this based on my experience. Immigrants who came here legally tend to be the biggest opponents to illegal immigrants.

• Upvote 2

45 minutes ago, AlphaMikeFoxtrot said:

Many Latinos are one issue voters re: abortion, and some of the staunchest anti-illegal immigration folks are Latinos who navigated our legal immigration process.

37 minutes ago, Bison06 said:

I can’t say I agree with this based on my experience. Immigrants who came here legally tend to be the biggest opponents to illegal immigrants.

I’m not sure. I used to do some immigration work and the issue of immigration is huge.   I mean if voting is any indication, Clinton and Obama garnered the highest % of Latino vote in recent elections.    

Just now, UNDlaw80 said:

I’m not sure. I used to do some immigration work and the issue of immigration is huge.   I mean if voting is any indication, Clinton and Obama garnered the highest % of Latino vote in recent elections.    

You could very well be right, Latinos are no more monolithic than any other demographic I suppose. I’m just speaking for the ones I’ve spoken to personally.