SiouxSports.com Forum

Other garbage

LoyalSioux

On 11/30/2019 at 8:06 PM, geaux_sioux said:

“Well that was embarrassing. Where does the program currently sit?

1. Our WR group is too slow/white. It just is what it is. Our WR does not look D1. Tall slow white boys can ball but if that’s all you have it makes it really hard to get separation against even an average secondary.”

This has got to be the dumbest comment ever on this site. If every position played to the same level as the WR group this year, we’d have 1 loss.  Not only is it dumb, it’s racist. Its 2019. Wow...go analyze another team geaux-dummy.

On 11/30/2019 at 8:06 PM, geaux_sioux said:

• Upvote 2

28 minutes ago, LoyalSioux said:

This has got to be the dumbest comment ever on this site. If every position played to the same level as the WR group this year, we’d have 1 loss.  Not only is it dumb, it’s racist. Its 2019. Wow...go analyze another team geaux-dummy.

Good one. Can’t handle the truth?

16 minutes ago, The Fan said:

I am an uncle to Noah Wanzek, you know, one of the big slow “White” WR’s, who can’t separate (not sure how he caught 74 balls this year) but who gave it his all for 4 years and who basically played with one arm Saturday. He found out today he played with a separated shoulder and fractured collarbone.  Might had something to do with his separation problem. You know, he’s the one who doesn’t have any athleticism, never mind his 22’  long jump & 43’ triple jump in HS and being named a ND Mr. basketball finalist.  Oh yea, he is also one of the WR who is not a D1 talent, according to this blog, yet he’s ranked high in UND’s all time WR record books. Heck, he even beat Kenny Gollady’s season receptions record. I’ve always suspected a subtle hint of racial profiling on this blog, not being black, you know he can’t be that good! Now, it being a race problem actually has been said here by some.  Disgusting!  We have guys on the team with a ton of speed, but few catches. Speed is obviously helpful but it takes more than just speed to be a good wide receiver. 
I never followed this blog until Noah went to UND and will probably not follow it anymore.  But a word of advice, parents and other family members can read too!  Good luck to the Hawks into the future!

My question is:  Why was this not discovered prior to playing?  Did he hide his injury or did the coaching staff not notice?

As for the separated shoulder, no way does anyone play with that. Sorry but I call BS.

Either answer will be a bit concerning. 

5 hours ago, SlowHand said:

My question is:  Why was this not discovered prior to playing?  Did he hide his injury or did the coaching staff not notice?

As for the separated shoulder, no way does anyone play with that. Sorry but I call BS.

Either answer will be a bit concerning. 

You really need to put su somewhere in your nickname so those who don't know can have some context to your "concerns" about our team. 

• Upvote 3

Dear The Fan,

The limited games I saw and with limited knowledge of the game, I thought Noah was awesome. Again, having an announce SAY THE NAME of the player making the play would have given Noah some credit. 
I wish him the best of luck in the future!

Mama Sue

7 hours ago, The Fan said:

I am an uncle to Noah Wanzek, you know, one of the big slow “White” WR’s, who can’t separate (not sure how he caught 74 balls this year) but who gave it his all for 4 years and who basically played with one arm Saturday. He found out today he played with a separated shoulder and fractured collarbone.  Might had something to do with his separation problem. You know, he’s the one who doesn’t have any athleticism, never mind his 22’  long jump & 43’ triple jump in HS and being named a ND Mr. basketball finalist.  Oh yea, he is also one of the WR who is not a D1 talent, according to this blog, yet he’s ranked high in UND’s all time WR record books. Heck, he even beat Kenny Gollady’s season receptions record. I’ve always suspected a subtle hint of racial profiling on this blog, not being black, you know he can’t be that good! Now, it being a race problem actually has been said here by some.  Disgusting!  We have guys on the team with a ton of speed, but few catches. Speed is obviously helpful but it takes more than just speed to be a good wide receiver. 
I never followed this blog until Noah went to UND and will probably not follow it anymore.  But a word of advice, parents and other family members can read too!  Good luck to the Hawks into the future!

Exactly.  I have read 30 times "why isn't Izzy playing?"

7 hours ago, The Fan said:

And this is why family members shouldn’t post about their family on these sites. Emotions often override reading ability and things get taken personally when in reality there was no personal attack. Go back and re-read my post. Never called out Noah, I clearly stated that he would have been more effective with complimentary WRs that have speed. And if you couldn’t see with your own eyes that Noah wasn’t fast then I don’t know what to tell you. I’ve been very complimentary of him for his entire career because he was a great player with a ton of great attributes, character included, but speed was never going to be one of them, he just isn’t fast which makes his success even more impressive because he had to make a ton of catches with guy draped all over him. 

2 hours ago, The Sicatoka said:

Another year, another group of all-conference linemen at NDSU (3 OL, 1 DL). 

Folks, NDSU has a system. Part of their system produces top-caliber lineman. 

You can begrudge them or you can learn from them. 

And everyone I've talked to says they have the best S&C coach in the country. 

Really disappointing to read racial comments on this blog. Opposing coaches, TV commentators, and avid fans often complimented the WR corps as a strength of UND this year. It didn’t matter that they were white. The were athletic, sure handed and could run. They beat out others, regardless of color, for playing time. They earned it because they were better. The often were obviously better than the DBs covering them one on one, regardless of color.  I hope the coaches can recruit another Wanzek or Maag and I don’t care what color his skin is.  We’ll be a better football team with another just like them.  Adam Thielen is an all pro, Laquon Treadwell got cut earlier this year from the same team, and it has nothing to do with skin color.  And that would be the truth for you to handle geaux-dummy. Don’t have time to listen to your racists comments .....Go Sioux, Go UND, Go Bubba

• Upvote 2

I have enjoyed this forum for over five years. 
I have children who are “white” and children of, politically correct term coming up, African decent. 
One child even played football. 

I have never been offended by anyone on this forum. Scratched my head a time or two, but never offended. 

I am not posting this in regards to how I think anyone should feel, or to dictate how I think anyone should take a another’s statement. This is up to each individual 

I am just expressing my view on this subject for the first, and only time. 

• Upvote 2

7 hours ago, LoyalSioux said:

Really disappointing to read racial comments on this blog. Opposing coaches, TV commentators, and avid fans often complimented the WR corps as a strength of UND this year. It didn’t matter that they were white. The were athletic, sure handed and could run. They beat out others, regardless of color, for playing time. They earned it because they were better. The often were obviously better than the DBs covering them one on one, regardless of color.  I hope the coaches can recruit another Wanzek or Maag and I don’t care what color his skin is.  We’ll be a better football team with another just like them.  Adam Thielen is an all pro, Laquon Treadwell got cut earlier this year from the same team, and it has nothing to do with skin color.  And that would be the truth for you to handle geaux-dummy. Don’t have time to listen to your racists comments .....Go Sioux, Go UND, Go Bubba

I would like to say again - our WRs as a group was a strength for us this year.   We were lucky to have Wanzek, Toivonen and Maag and they were/are tremendous players.  

We had our season tickets next to some of the Wanzek family over the past 4 years and they are exactly the kind of people we want associated with our program.  Parents, grandparents, aunts, uncle, siblings (I believe) and cousins were at all of the home games and many of the away games.  We are lucky to have them connected to the program also. 

• Upvote 2

% of black athletes in NFL position wise at WR, RB, CB and Safety

2014: WR-88%  RB-85%  CB-99%  S-79%

2016:  WR-88%  RB-94%. CB-98%  S-85%

QBs......20% in 2014 and 21% in 2016

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Siouxperman8 said:

I would like to say again - our WRs as a group was a strength for us this year.   We were lucky to have Wanzek, Toivonen and Maag and they were/are tremendous players.  

We had our season tickets next to some of the Wanzek family over the past 4 years and they are exactly the kind of people we want associated with our program.  Parents, grandparents, aunts, uncle, siblings (I believe) and cousins were at all of the home games and many of the away games.  We are lucky to have them connected to the program also. 

If we had a Hardin type to compliment our slow WRs our offense would have been much better. And yes we all know those three are really good, literally nobody said they weren’t.

On 12/3/2019 at 7:38 AM, geaux_sioux said:

And this is why family members shouldn’t post about their family on these sites. Emotions often override reading ability and things get taken personally when in reality there was no personal attack. Go back and re-read my post. Never called out Noah, I clearly stated that he would have been more effective with complimentary WRs that have speed. And if you couldn’t see with your own eyes that Noah wasn’t fast then I don’t know what to tell you. I’ve been very complimentary of him for his entire career because he was a great player with a ton of great attributes, character included, but speed was never going to be one of them, he just isn’t fast which makes his success even more impressive because he had to make a ton of catches with guy draped all over him. 

There might not have been personal attacks but did you need to say "black" WR? Seems unintelligent and lazy...