SiouxSports.com Forum

We got lucky

gfhockey

29 minutes ago, F'nHawks said:

Are you as disappointed with the win as your posts seems to indicate?  Don’t want to jump to conclusions as I know what one reads isn’t always what the writer intended. But, you seem to be down after a win that has us headed in the right direction...

Just wondering what you meant by right direction?  Obviously you’re not talking about coaching.....Right? 

1 minute ago, Longtime fan said:

Just wondering what you mean by right direction?  Obviously you’re not talking about coaching?  Right. 

I’m not nearly as qualified to comment on that as others on this board. But, we went from 2-2 to 3-2. To me that is the right direction, and for that I am happy. 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 3

6 minutes ago, Longtime fan said:

Just wondering what you meant by right direction?  Obviously you’re not talking about coaching.....Right? 

We get it, you don’t like the coaching staff and the players won this game all by themselves and made zero mistakes   

2 minutes ago, homer said:

We get it, you don’t like the coaching staff and the players won this game all by themselves and made zero mistakes   

Bit dramatic.  Players make mistakes just not as pronounced as the coaching staff.

Can you tell me why und had 400 yards of offense in-the first half and 90 in the second half ? Was that coaching or players?  Because the same players played the entire game.   

• Downvote 1

3 minutes ago, Longtime fan said:

Bit dramatic.  Players make mistakes just not as pronounced as the coaching staff.

Can you tell me why und had 400 yards of offense in-the first half and 90 in the second half ? Was that coaching or players?  Because the same players played the entire game.   

So because there were 400 yards of offense in the first half, did you expect another 400 in the 2nd half?

It rarely pans out that way ya know. 

For instance............

Can you tell me why a week ago EWU had 28 points in the first half and only 7 in the second half?  Was that coaching or players?  Because the same players played the entire game.

• Upvote 4
  • Downvote 1

11 minutes ago, Longtime fan said:

I can think of some untimely penalties that had some decent chunk plays called back (ineligible OL downfield, holding on Maag, etc).  With those penalties we were not getting into favorable down and distances.  

A QB who after getting sacked had two series where he developed happy feet and spent time running backwards.  

Likely a few plays where we could have taken a shot or checked to a different WR.  I think Kett will see on tape some plays that he threw to the sideline when the inside WR was wide open on his route.  

Lol. 

2 minutes ago, bincitysioux said:

So because there were 400 yards of offense in the first half, did you expect another 400 in the 2nd half?

It rarely pans out that way ya know. 

For instance............

Can you tell me why a week ago EWU had 28 points in the first half and only 7 in the second half?  Was that coaching or players?  Because the same players played the entire game.

I would expect the same intensity, misdirections and sets as the first half showed. They were only up 14 ....not 40.    They were playing a team that can score at will.  Look at the  6 years bubba has been coach. ....if they get up 14 ...it becomes conservative.  Proven fact  

And to answer your question about   Eastern ....big time coaching flop.  He was trying to burn out the clock by  becoming conservative (like bubba).  It nearly blew up in their for face like it does to und. 

• Upvote 1

5 minutes ago, Longtime fan said:

And to answer your question about   Eastern ....big time coaching flop.  He was trying to burn out the clock by  becoming conservative (like bubba).  It nearly blew up in their for face like it does to und. 

So just to confirm......

Your are saying that Bubba and company "outcoached" the EWU staff last week.  If we had better players, we could have won in Cheney.

3 minutes ago, bincitysioux said:

So just to confirm......

Your are saying that Bubba and company "outcoached" the EWU staff last week.  If we had better players, we could have won in Cheney.

How did you come with that??? Bubba out coaches nobody? 

Eastern is a bad team this year and bubba couldn’t get it done. That equals bubba out coached their coach?     

7 minutes ago, Sioux94 said:

Terrible game plan to start the game, are you kidding?  We had 350 yards of offense and they couldn't stop us, we were up 28-14.  Fortunately for them we ran QB sneak on 4th and 1 the time they did stop us.   I'll take that game plan and execution to start a game every single week please.  

I was being sarcastic.  All the piling on the coaching staff but overlooking the start of the game.  

1 minute ago, homer said:

I was being sarcastic.  All the piling on the coaching staff but overlooking the start of the game.  

Oh ok haha.  Yeah I agree, if we are going to complain about the second half......have to give them credit for a great first half! 

Lucky or not, its a good win over a good team. Yet, how many more can be expected with !@#!$ special teams and horrendous second half play. These two issues have been a constant the last few years. I hope we can make some changes this week. I think the potential is there for this team to go further than any other UND team in the FCS. 

1 hour ago, Longtime fan said:

Half time adjustments?

24 minutes ago, Longtime fan said:

How did you come with that??? Bubba out coaches nobody? 

Eastern is a bad team this year and bubba couldn’t get it done. That equals bubba out coached their coach?     

I sense a double standard here.  UND was in danger of being blown out by halftime a week ago, yet they had the game within one possession during the fourth quarter despite some terrible play by the same players you credit for today's victory.

If the players won the game "despite" the coaching today, who lost it for us last week?  The players that turned it over 6 times?  The players that gave up nearly 300 yards rushing to EWU?  Or the coaches that allowed all that to happen?

I am just trying to clarify who I should "blame" for the win today!

• Upvote 2

3 minutes ago, bincitysioux said:

I sense a double standard here.  UND was in danger of being blown out by halftime a week ago, yet they had the game within one possession during the fourth quarter despite some terrible play by the same players you credit for today's victory.

If the players won the game "despite" the coaching today, who lost it for us last week?  The players that turned it over 6 times?  The players that gave up nearly 300 yards rushing to EWU?  Or the coaches that allowed all that to happen?

I am just trying to clarify who I should "blame" for the win today!

I tell you what .   If you are happy with bubba ball ...congrats . You love being average.   He  carries a .520 winning ave.   6 years of this crap is enough for me.  Bubba is not head coach material.  

Big win today.  Cal Davis is a very good team and was lucky not to get blown out  

They got some lucky breaks on penalties and made a couple 4th downs by a few feet   

Kett was good overall and got us in position for game winning kick at end   I’m satisfied with the result today  

• Upvote 2