SiouxSports.com Forum

UC Davis Predictions

GoHawks

I think it’s hilarious how so many think yanking Ketteringham from the game will instantly better UND’s team.

You know, everyone’s favorite player is the backup quarterback. Classic thinking. 

UND needs to just execute much better, whether that be Ketteringham, Schuster, Boltmann or anyone else. You can’t win if you have 6 turnovers. The offense - particularly Ketteringham - should be embarrassed by that and should look to come out and play well vs UC Davis. 

Long-term, I believe UND needs better talent. That doesn’t help in the interim. UND needs to play better and execute as a team. 

• Upvote 3

I like Kett, but what's starting to grow on me are as follows....he panics too fast in the pocket and normally just backs up instead of throwing it away or scrambling, he can't seem to avoid sacks, his throwing motion is pretty long, he doesn't seem to take shots down field enough.  Obviously it's possible not all of this is his fault, maybe our OL should do better, maybe our WR aren't separating enough, maybe the coaches have some blame. Just starting to feel like our offense was clicking better with Zim/Schuster.... Zim took more shots, Schuster more mobile.  Just look at the sacks allowed per game by QB.  Whatever it takes, let's just find a way to string some wins together.

9 hours ago, SkoHawks said:

I like Kett, but what's starting to grow on me are as follows....he panics too fast in the pocket and normally just backs up instead of throwing it away or scrambling, he can't seem to avoid sacks, his throwing motion is pretty long, he doesn't seem to take shots down field enough.  Obviously it's possible not all of this is his fault, maybe our OL should do better, maybe our WR aren't separating enough, maybe the coaches have some blame. Just starting to feel like our offense was clicking better with Zim/Schuster.... Zim took more shots, Schuster more mobile.  Just look at the sacks allowed per game by QB.  Whatever it takes, let's just find a way to string some wins together.

If he gets sacked 5 times again today, when Zimmerman and Schuster are getting sacked about once a game, then it’s on Kett. He has to show something today. He has to come out and play like it might be the last game he ever starts or plays in, because it might be. 

• Upvote 2