SiouxSports.com Forum

2022-23 Recruiting

UNDBIZ

10 minutes ago, SIOUXFAN97 said:

https://www.grandforksherald.com/sports/prep/grafton-basketball-standout-will-skip-senior-season-to-enroll-early-at-university-of-south-dakota

did we offer her ...

why go gung ho about getting to vermillion??????? enjoy high school!!!!!!

I see this as a mistake

transition to college is hard for students and to play d1 basketball is tougher yet.

leaving her friends, her parents and missing a year of high school will be tough

lets see where she is a year from now

• Like 2

45 minutes ago, Kab said:

I see this as a mistake

transition to college is hard for students and to play d1 basketball is tougher yet.

leaving her friends, her parents and missing a year of high school will be tough

She should play her Senior Season and then probably redshirt.

• Upvote 1

Just now, Kab said:

She could have done that closer to home, take college courses and still play her senior year 

female dougie houser i guess.

all that money on that new med school and we can't keep homegrown talent around.......two losses for und.

41 minutes ago, SIOUXFAN97 said:

female dougie houser i guess.

all that money on that new med school and we can't keep homegrown talent around.......two losses for und.

This! Our med facilities are way nicer the. Usd 

but Sanford in backyard helps and are giving her fcol to go work there after schools is dine

She's incredibly bright and driven. She knows what she wants and she does what it takes to get it.

To be clear, she was asked by the SD coaches to come early. She didn't just dream this up on her own.

She will succeed.

Wish her the best

hoping SD keeps on winning (n the tourney

i think the announcers were stunned by SD winning 

I guess her leaving school early is no different than hockey players leaving high school hockey early 

56 minutes ago, Kab said:

Wish her the best

hoping SD keeps on winning (n the tourney

i think the announcers were stunned by SD winning 

I guess her leaving school early is no different than hockey players leaving high school hockey early 

Except HS hockey players aren’t getting college credit. Similar case,  but I’m not sure I would advise a physician (if that is her goal) to be in a hurry. Students usually benefit from time spent with their peers and the social growth is important. Many physicians would be better served by taking advantage of the opportunities aside from pre-med studies to develop interpersonal social skills. Playing a college sport should fill that void. 

On 3/14/2022 at 3:40 PM, Kab said:

I see this as a mistake

• 2 weeks later...
On 10/26/2020 at 3:46 PM, Sioux27 said:

Ellie Colbeck (Fergus Falls) committed to SDSU.  She is actually in the 21-22 recruiting class.  Not sure if UND was recruiting her. 

She was best HS girls player I have seen in this area. Kid from Crosby looks similar but only an 8th grade. Not as polished yet. 

2 hours ago, Und246 said:

I believe she would be for year after next. Are we done for next year?

See the title for this thread - ('22-'23 Recruiting). 
I answered your question about this year's recruiting because you asked it here. It really should have been under the '21-'22 thread.  

• 6 months later...
On 10/5/2022 at 7:12 PM, sioux24/7 said:

Good get?

I think so.  She is a 5'8" PG who averaged 20.2/game last year.  She was her conference's MVP and Metro Player of the Year as a junior.  Garfield Heights is a suburb of Cleveland so I suppose that was the metro area.

• Upvote 1