SiouxSports.com Forum

2022-23 Recruiting

UNDBIZ

Although I will say that the highlights I have watched of her, looks like a senior playing against grade school kids....   girls basketball must not be very good in that part of Canada.  She will definitely be challenged at this level, I hope she can make the adjustments.  If she can she is going to be a good player for us.  

Following this thread, we have 3 commits i believe of Kiera Pemberton 6' guard, Paris Bass 6' guard, and Mahogany Cottingham 5' 8" guard. Looking at the roster we should have four scholarships available for the coming year for sure. Then we have 4 players that could use their extra year because of covid they are Kacie Borowicz. Maggie Manson, Sammiyah Hoskins, and Juliet Gordon and i assume that will be done at the end of the year. Do we have other offers out there yet to be accepted i haven't been following on this. I believe this incoming class is going to be important in whether we can catch the teams ahead of us.

I think Juliet Gordon has yea r left because she has medical waiver on one of her previous years. She has lost two years of playing time because  from being injured and she would have her Covid year eligibility to be considered. I could be wrong on this but this what I think she has year left.

• 3 months later...

Nevaeh Horne looks like both good fit and need for next year hopefully she can come up to speed quickly especially not coming in until august. Do we have any offers out there now  for our remaining scholarships or are they keeping quite on possible new recruits?

• Like 1

The men basketball had quite week with signings and i am wondering if Womens basketball getting close to having big week also to wrap up their signings for 23 for the 24 season.  I am excited for Womens basketball at UND I believe if get right couple of players to fill out their roster that they can start to make a run to be one of the top teams in Summit Conference. SDSU is going to be hard to catch but with right players i believe we could close that gap some this coming year and i believe we will be able to play with NDSU and USD next year we have talent to win against both of these schools. But getting back to recruiting these next couple of players to be recruited i believe will determine where we will stand at end of next season.

• Like 2
  • Upvote 2

SWSiouxMN you say she is up grade and I was wondering on that comment I believe Bernhard believes she can play at this level but I have to believe she is going have tradition period and it always takes time. I have to believe after watching last year Aumer that she is probably in-line to get major playing time. Davis has her role in guard position of playing defense and providing offense in spots. I believe Owens Is going to be used to fill in minutes Danninger was logging that the other guards mentioned plus Beal may not be able to fill and if she is as good as thought will gain more minutes. It also lets freshmen guard develop without pressure of playing right away. 
I still interested in with our last scholarship, if they are going to bring more of true post with experience for next year because we’re going need player of that description to match up against SDSU and others in the conference. I hear others believe we can with quickness and athleticism can overcome this but I believe differently.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Does this fill out our scholarships or do we still have one available? I have lost track of where we stand on recruits and since we lost McCarthy this summer I thought we might have one free scholarship available. We will be very young team with exceptions of Kacie and Hoskins as super seniors and Davis as senior. The rest of the team will be made up of freshmen and sophomores for the coming year.  If we do have scholarship left could they still be looking for experienced transfer player with a year left. This will be challenging season for Bernhard if she has to play with number of younger players who are bound to make mistakes as they are learning in the past she has shown does not have alot of patience with younger players but this year she does not have experienced players to fall back on. I expect this season will start slow and we will get better as the season goes on.