SiouxSports.com Forum

Could Heitkamp Bring the Sioux Back?

Siouhawk

Somebody had it right, I was trolling! But I have to say I am a bit surprised by the total lack of appetite for bringing up the conversation again, and I am totally on board with that.  Now would somebody please tell the fans at the hockey games to let it go also?

Don't thing anyone can get the Sioux Nickname back.  I also don't think it should come back.  That ship has sailed.  However, I do believe retiring the Fighting Hawk name and logo is in the best interest of the university.  It has and been embraced and is and the main cause of the division among the fan base.  Go back to just being THE University of North Dakota and the interlocking ND.  Maybe down the road one day another nickname can be agreed upon, but now is the the time.

• Upvote 6
  • Downvote 2

13 minutes ago, Big Green said:

Don't thing anyone can get the Sioux Nickname back.  I also don't think it should come back.  That ship has sailed.  However, I do believe retiring the Fighting Hawk name and logo is in the best interest of the university.  It has and been embraced and is and the main cause of the division among the fan base.  Go back to just being THE University of North Dakota and the interlocking ND.  Maybe down the road one day another nickname can be agreed upon, but now is the the time.

HandmadeClassicGoldfinch-size_restricted

23 hours ago, Siouhawk said:

Somebody had it right, I was trolling! But I have to say I am a bit surprised by the total lack of appetite for bringing up the conversation again, and I am totally on board with that.  Now would somebody please tell the fans at the hockey games to let it go also?

Nope, not going to happen, you can keep dreaming though!!!

GO SIOUX!!!

• Upvote 1

On 5/18/2019 at 11:27 AM, Blackheart said:

Downvote Darrell is back in action!  ;)

Well the Hawkzi bat signal was turned on... somebody somewhere typed "Fighting Sioux" on an internet forumn....

That triggers a mad dash to their accounts to stamp out injustice and free thought and enforce the agenda.

timthumb.jpeg

• Upvote 4

6 minutes ago, Frozen4sioux said:

Well the Hawkzi bat signal was turned on... somebody somewhere typed "Fighting Sioux" on an internet forumn....

That triggers a mad dash to their accounts to stamp out injustice and free thought and enforce the agenda.

timthumb.jpeg

giphy.webp

• Upvote 2

7 minutes ago, Frozen4sioux said:

timthumb.jpeg

Sorry to hear the police have arrested you due to talking about the fighting sioux 

7 hours ago, NoiseInsideMyHead said:

But that just leads to "green and white" and other abominations. Unofficial nicknames are no better than bad ones.

At least no nickname and just UND is unique which is > the postal code and white dove.

• Upvote 2

2 hours ago, Frozen4sioux said:

timthumb.jpeg

Says the one who downvoted 2 people one day before I down voted. :silly:

1 hour ago, UND1981 said:

At least no nickname and just UND is unique which is > the postal code and white dove.

The other programs, besides the hockey team have embraced and accepted the Fighting Hawks nickname. Check out the tweets when Football players and Basketball players commit to UND. The University is marketing the nickname. It’s not going to change. At some point there may be a tweak to the logo. 

• Upvote 1