SiouxSports.com Forum

Could Heitkamp Bring the Sioux Back?

Siouhawk

12 hours ago, 90siouxfan said:

I think the tweak is already planned, this postal atrocity will become the secondary logo after absorbing all the hate that the first logo was going to get regardless of it's quality  (is irregardless the correct term, I slept in that day)

I get the strategy now.  Release a logo the first time out that will have people up in arms about how bad it is.  That way 2-4 years after it is released, UND will announce they are designing a new logo.  So instead of comparing the logo to the old Sioux logo, it will be compared to the original Fighting Hawks logo.  So people will be much more receptive to the new and improved Fighting Hawks logo.  It all makes sense!!

• Upvote 1

On 5/17/2019 at 5:00 PM, Big Green said:

Don't thing anyone can get the Sioux Nickname back.  I also don't think it should come back.  That ship has sailed.  However, I do believe retiring the Fighting Hawk name and logo is in the best interest of the university.  It has and been embraced and is and the main cause of the division among the fan base.  Go back to just being THE University of North Dakota and the interlocking ND.  Maybe down the road one day another nickname can be agreed upon, but now is the the time.

My thoughts exactly.  Just wish they would have been honored back when it really counted.  

How are the sales of fighting hawk merchandise going? There used to be a kiosk with items to sell at basketball games, haven't seen anything. Sam's club discontinued the sale of fighting hawks merchandise. Maybe just UND would be in our best interest.  Maybe some of our poor showing in some sports can be attributed to the fighting hawks logo. Consider me one of those old guys with the in ability or want to change.

Go Sioux

• Upvote 1

6 minutes ago, Davlun said:

How are the sales of fighting hawk merchandise going? There used to be a kiosk with items to sell at basketball games, haven't seen anything. Sam's club discontinued the sale of fighting hawks merchandise. Maybe just UND would be in our best interest.  Maybe some of our poor showing in some sports can be attributed to the fighting hawks logo. Consider me one of those old guys with the in ability or want to change.

Go Sioux

picard-facepalm.jpg

15 minutes ago, Davlun said:

Go Sioux

Yeah, that's a bad take. 

• 3 weeks later...
On 5/20/2019 at 1:07 PM, Davlun said:

How are the sales of fighting hawk merchandise going?

Maybe some of our poor showing in some sports can be attributed to the fighting hawks logo.

How many Golden State Warriors jerseys or New England Patriots jerseys did you see around in the 1980’s or 1990’s?  See a lot of Chicago Bulls stuff around today?  Bandwagon fans are everywhere and North Dakota  is no different than anywhere else.  If North Dakota wins a string of NCAA football titles, volleyball championships, and hockey natties, Fighting Hawks clothing and jerseys will be flying off the shelves everywhere.

• Upvote 4

Tis tru the Hawks stuff does not sell worth a crap, many retailers have drastically scaled back orders 

But the point is correct that big success in a few sports will drive up sales dramatically.  However many of the neville Chamberlains here will say the only way those sports will succeed is if we all pull together and support the name and logo, but then out of the third corner of their mouth they preach no name or logo has ever won a game.

Its mentally difficult to slow down enough to track the möbius strip of logic here but.... the initial premise is correct. 

Win = more sales.

• Upvote 1

42 minutes ago, Frozen4sioux said:

Tis tru the Hawks stuff does not sell worth a crap, many retailers have drastically scaled back orders 

But the point is correct that big success in a few sports will drive up sales dramatically.  However many of the neville Chamberlains here will say the only way those sports will succeed is if we all pull together and support the name and logo, but then out of the third corner of their mouth they preach no name or logo has ever won a game.

Its mentally difficult to slow down enough to track the möbius strip of logic here but.... the initial premise is correct. 

Win with a different logo= more sales.

FYP :)