Bemidji beats Northern Michigan 5-1

Michigan Tech beats Ferris State 2-0

LSSU beats UAH 4-1

Western Michigan beats Miami 4-1

Minnesota beats Notre Dame 2-1

Penn State beats Wisconsin 3-2

Arizona State leads UAA 4-2

8 hours ago, brianvf said:

I don't understand how UW sucks so badly.  They have so much talent...it's very young talent, but so elite.
Similar to BU from the past couple seasons with their elite talent...but BU was still competitive.

Yeah, a total surprise.  I was looking forward to UW being back.  It's a better rivalry when they are jacked up about hockey in Madison. 

2 hours ago, MafiaMan said:

They’re only jacked about football and men’s basketball in Madison these days...

That's right.  Quite a reversal from the pre-Alvarez  era.  I remember going to Badger football games when fans just went for the band and the party--they knew the team would probably  lose.  Meanwhile, hockey was a powerhouse. 

1 hour ago, Godsmack said:

Sounds like there could of been fans leaving in the 3rd period while some fans were still just getting in?

Hope traffic is better tomorrow for the CC game.

2 hours ago, BarnWinterSportsEngelstad said:

Sounds like there could of been fans leaving in the 3rd period while some fans were still just getting in?

Hope traffic is better tomorrow for the CC game.

Yah, my buddy went to the game yesterday and said it was a total **** show both getting to the game as well as leaving-and they left after the 2nd period to try and beat traffic. 

I’m not going to the CC game but I would imagine the traffic problem won’t be as bad because there will probably be far fewer fans there as well as most of the traffic will be coming from south of the Academy, opposite direction of all the I-25 construction. 

3 hours ago, Godsmack said:

Yah, my buddy went to the game yesterday and said it was a total **** show both getting to the game as well as leaving-and they left after the 2nd period to try and beat traffic. 

I’m not going to the CC game but I would imagine the traffic problem won’t be as bad because there will probably be far fewer fans there as well as most of the traffic will be coming from south of the Academy, opposite direction of all the I-25 construction. 

I can't recall hearing of a game where fans were still showing up and other fans were already leaving? Be a few barrels of ink used on this one.

For those of you podcasters:

Highly recommend this stream. Led by Andrew Marsh, who's a recent UND grad working for now Lindenwood University and has also interned with the Blues. Schloss was the most recent guest, but they do a great job in mixing up the guests, as well as giving a good glimpse across the NCAA MIH landscape.

On 2/17/2020 at 10:57 AM, cberkas said:

College Hockey News

@chnews

Expect news soon on a name for the new conference for the 7 teams leaving the WCHA. Don't be surprised if it's a familiar name.

Meet the just announced CCHA. Yes, CCHA, Central Collegiate Hockey Association. 

So does the NCHC pass the "no good dirty money-grubbing ruining college hockey jerks" baton to the CCHA now or in the fall?

• Upvote 2

4 hours ago, The Sicatoka said:

Meet the just announced CCHA. Yes, CCHA, Central Collegiate Hockey Association. 

So does the NCHC pass the "no good dirty money-grubbing ruining college hockey jerks" baton to the CCHA now or in the fall?

That’s on permanent display in Chicago at the home of the big ten. 

• Upvote 1

On 2/14/2020 at 6:42 PM, burd said:

Duluth isn't the only Minnesota team looking dangerous.

4 hours ago, mattim said:

Gophers, Beavers and Mavericks!

Throw dangerous UND in the group as sharing the same soil, at least at the bottom of the Red River. 

Five worthy teams, but take heed to the past teammates: Sandelin & Berry.