SiouxSports.com Forum

Non-UND College Hockey 2019-20

cberkas

I think it’s funny that college hockey tweeters Chris Dilks, Nicole Haase, and Nate Wells got their panties in a bunch over the temerity of UND to purchase advertising during the tv broadcast of a women’s college hockey game during hockey day Minnesota. I guess it’s good to see the women’s college game healthy enough to be picky about who pays for advertising during their games.

21 minutes ago, SJHovey said:

I think it’s funny that college hockey tweeters Chris Dilks, Nicole Haase, and Nate Wells got their panties in a bunch over the temerity of UND to purchase advertising during the tv broadcast of a women’s college hockey game during hockey day Minnesota. I guess it’s good to see the women’s college game healthy enough to be picky about who pays for advertising during their games.

Perfect troll job by UND or FSN North? 

3 hours ago, SJHovey said:

When what probably happened is UND paid for FSN to run the ad a certain number of times at a specific time slot. 

They’re really freaking out over a simple business transaction. 

6 hours ago, SJHovey said:

Who is Nicole Haase? Hockey feminist a la Duluth Donna?

16 hours ago, SJHovey said:

‘temerity.’ There is a word that you do not see everyday. I like it. I may be so bold as to use it today.

11 hours ago, AlphaMikeFoxtrot said:

Who is Nicole Haase? Hockey feminist a la Duluth Donna?

I think she writes about women's college hockey on USCHO and perhaps at other sites.  I haven't seen a lot of what she has written, but I think she's a pretty vocal advocate for women's hockey.  That's great, more power to her.  For women's hockey to survive it will need a lot of vocal advocates for it.

But I have no time for the vilification of UND for choosing to drop its program, especially as they are spending money that supports, in some small way, women's hockey in general by paying to advertise during a women's college hockey game.

6 hours ago, SJHovey said:

I think she writes about women's college hockey on USCHO and perhaps at other sites.  I haven't seen a lot of what she has written, but I think she's a pretty vocal advocate for women's hockey.  That's great, more power to her.  For women's hockey to survive it will need a lot of vocal advocates for it.

But I have no time for the vilification of UND for choosing to drop its program, especially as they are spending money that supports, in some small way, women's hockey in general by paying to advertise during a women's college hockey game.

The optics of the drop were bad, but the media (including social media) poured gasoline on the fire.  It's not like it was the only sport on the chopping block.

I'm curious how many people still criticizing UND for the drop think UND fans need to "get over" the nickname changing.

On 1/20/2020 at 11:00 PM, NoiseInsideMyHead said:

The Blaine-Blake outdoor HS game earlier Saturday on FSNorth not only had UND paid spots, but UND sponsored the drone cam, too. Not sure if UND supplied the drone or pilots, but the campaign was nicely on-message.

Now that is both strategic and tactical. 

3 hours ago, UNDColorado said:

What is this nonsense? They are wasting money targeting me lol. Yes, I am a hockey fan but there is only one team I support and it's not the Goofs! Do better marketing department!

Screen Shot 2020-01-23 at 1.09.02 PM.png

I checked the analytics and it seems they are trying to target hockey fans in Minneapolis with IQ’s of less than 50.  You’re in Colorado and obviously more intelligent than that, so they’re missing the mark by a bunch!

14 hours ago, MafiaMan said:

I checked the analytics and it seems they are trying to target hockey fans in Minneapolis with IQ’s of less than 50.  You’re in Colorado and obviously more intelligent than that, so they’re missing the mark by a bunch!

Not to mention the games are this weekend. Someone is asleep at the wheel. 

Friday Games:

Cornell beats Dartmouth 3-2

Harvard and Colgate tied 3-3 OT

Maine beats BC 4-3 OT

Vermont and Merrimack tied 5-5 OT

UNH beats UMass 1-0

BU beats Lowell 5-0

LSSU beats UAA 3-2

Michigan Tech beats Ferris State 2-1

Mankato beats Bemidji 3-2

Northern Michigan and Alaska tied 4-4 OT

Western Michigan beats St. Cloud 6-2