SiouxSports.com Forum

Omaha at UND Gameday (March 9)

Cratter

11 minutes ago, George M. Bluth said:

CC wins the national championship....I mean beats Denver. The celebration fooled me. 

Apparently you’ve never seen the winner of the Beanpot Tournament skate around with that little bedpan like it’s the frickin’ Stanley Cup...

3 hours ago, Wilbur said:

Jones is going to get a penalty for contacting Weininger there on the scrum.  

I guarantee you he is fine....what????  He barely got him???  Is he coming out?

Yup.  He simply came out so he could try to grab the 5 min penalty (perfect timing for it). Yoy. So typical nowadays.

3 hours ago, runaroundsioux said:

He is not well. Lay off him. 

Uhh, he did not play "well" (maybe he's a great face-off guy or whatever, I'm judging strictly based on points-production) even when he was "well" these last few season.  Again, offensive production aside, maybe he does other small things well (I'm no great hockey mind).

• Downvote 1

3 hours ago, Sioux90 said:

I'm proud of this team. I've been critical throughout the year, but I see a lot of promise. Next year is a Penrose type year, and I expect them to win it. A lot of people here talk about how these guys can play with the top teams. It's nothing but top teams from here on out. Go Sioux!

I'll have what he's having bartender!   Seriously, I do see better things next season ((my God, it better be better)  but unless goal scoring/finishing skills take a big jump we'll probably be looking at 3rd or 4th place in conf play/hopefully make top 12 ranking in Pairwise but certainly not top-tier as like in the Haks days most seasons.  I sure do hope I'm proved wrong but standards/expectations here lately have dropped just a tad for obvious reasons.

2 hours ago, GDPritch said:

Uhh, he did not play "well" (maybe he's a great face-off guy or whatever, I'm judging strictly based on points-production) even when he was "well" these last few season.  Again, offensive production aside, maybe he does other small things well (I'm no great hockey mind).

He was referring to Janatuinen, not Rhett

5 hours ago, burd said:

Kawaguchi has been doing what people had been hoping for from him--particularly possession hockey in the O zone.   Maybe he's just gaining confidence.

The strides he's made from last year to this one are massive. He's helped Yon look like a player the past two weekends. Can't wait to see Gooch in year 3.

4 hours ago, GDPritch said:

No offense or nothing at you (we are who we are) but, man (hey. it's all relative), my, my how standards have slipped these last few seasons. 

Oh for sure.  I step back and look what’s happened the last few years and am shocked.  Especially with the guys we do have.  But, it was a big win.  And we needed it. Frustrated with what’s happening but still bleed green.  

8 hours ago, GDPritch said:

I'll have what he's having bartender!   Seriously, I do see better things next season ((my God, it better be better)  but unless goal scoring/finishing skills take a big jump we'll probably be looking at 3rd or 4th place in conf play/hopefully make top 12 ranking in Pairwise but certainly not top-tier as like in the Haks days most seasons.  I sure do hope I'm proved wrong but standards/expectations here lately have dropped just a tad for obvious reasons.

You are correct in that this is the most likely scenario and perhaps the worst in terms of our program.  We improve just enough to make the field due to our talent influx (although leave it to Berry to suck some of the offense out of them).  This is just enough to keep Berry around but nowhere near a return to being a powerhouse.  We stay an ok but never great team for as long as Berry chooses to stay.  Welcome to mediocreville, population us.

Assume that Mismash will be back in the lineup next week.  Who will sit?  Adams has had some good looks and is definitely more skilled than Johnson.  I think Weatherby is getting close to breaking out and will be a force next year.