SiouxSports.com Forum

UND @ CC -- Friday Gameday

stoneySIOUX

39 minutes ago, Oxbow6 said:

If Berry wants to retain one shred of respect he needs to sit Rhett's a** tomorrow. This crap if frickin pathetic. 

Or if Rhett had any self respect he'd turn over his letter after the game.

You said it, agree 100%.  So dumb.  "Emotion" is good only if it's good, productive emotion.  His emotion isn't good and costs the team despite his all-star face-off %.

11 minutes ago, runaroundsioux said:

I'm not defending anything. We suck and it hurts. I don't understand you revelling in it.  

I’m not revelling in anything.  Just sick of some folks and the lectures about this season turning around at some point.  @Langster019 Old Yeller got bit by the rabid wolf at Canisius College...nobody should be surprised at having to put him down in a couple of weeks.  

Some here thought the Laydown Hawks were gonna go 7-1 or 6-2 in this last stretch?  This team might still find its way to a sub .500 season!

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, GDPritch said:

You said it, agree 100%.  So dumb.  "Emotion" is good only if it's good, productive emotion.  His emotion isn't good and costs the team despite his all-star face-off %.

His skills on the faceoff dot won’t save his you-know-what in the pros if he continues to take penalties at the rate he takes them here. 

36 minutes ago, SIOUXELEVENS said:

Where Stoney Sioux to tell us how good we will  be next year with all the awesome recruits we have coming in. This coaching staff couldn’t coach the 82 oilers.

I hear you.  We seem to have highly-recruited recruits coming in essentially every season (just count the # of NHL picks we get) so I ain't got no faith after the last 2 - 3 seasons for those coming in based solely on where they rack & stack as that doesn't really seem to matter anymore (i.e. predict "future success").  Do we chase the Minn-St Mankato coach?  Not sure what he makes but gotta think we can double his salary?    

56 minutes ago, ThompHockey said:

How is Casey Johnson still getting ice time.. worst player since Simonson. 

Why does barry insist on playing local players when they don't deserve to even be on the team?

Johnny Simonson: 

4 years at UND.

Played 139 games at UND.

Scored 9 goals his entire career as a center.

• Upvote 1

42 minutes ago, SIOUXELEVENS said:

I bet they worked all week on discipline and scoring.

You're damn right...and it...didn't pay off...If they didn't work on it the BAD on UND coaching staff and if they did work on it all week then BAD on UND coaching staff and players...Yoy, yoy, yoy.

22 minutes ago, SIOUXELEVENS said:

But the history and culture their being exposed to.

18 minutes ago, MafiaMan said:

too.

15 minutes ago, yzerman19 said:

Don't end a sentence with a preposition..."the history and culture to which they are being exposed" would be the queen' English 

“Too” is actually an adverb and is totally acceptable at the end of a sentence. However, I misread “their” as “are,” but in fact, I think that @SIOUXELEVENS actually meant to type “they’re” as in “the players” as opposed to “their,” which is another grammar issue in itself. If THAT was the case, then he correctly ended the sentence fragment with “to” and not “too.”

Of course, none of this fixes the sh*tty hockey we’re watching...

1 minute ago, MafiaMan said:

“Too” is actually an adverb and is totally acceptable at the end of a sentence.  However, I misread “their” as “are,” but in fact, I think that @SIOUXELEVENS actually meant to type “they’re” as in the players as opposed to “their,” which is another grammar issue in itself.  If THAT was the case, then he correctly ended the sentence fragment with “to” and not “too.”

Now I feel !@#!$ about my grammar and hockey team.

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, MafiaMan said:

“Too” is actually an adverb and is totally acceptable at the end of a sentence.  However, I misread “their” as “are,” but in fact, I think that @SIOUXELEVENS actually meant to type “they’re” as in the players as opposed to “their,” which is another grammar issue in itself.  If THAT was the case, then he correctly ended the sentence fragment with “to” and not “too.”

Love it!

3 minutes ago, GDPritch said:

(just count the # of NHL picks we get)

I'm starting to think some of these really low draft picked players. No one really watches or cares or hardly knows much about, or very little sets them apart from all the other hockey players....the teams are probably like "Oh he's going to North Dakota (or BU,BC, Minn) just draft that player."

• Upvote 1

26 minutes ago, Godsmack said:

There was an obnoxious woman yelling “LETS GO SIOUX!” the whole night as well as dropping f bombs and she had the audacity to turnaround and yell at an 8 year old CC fan who was yelling let’s go Tigers. She told the little girl to F off. A true embarrassment to North Dakota. We had to sit next to her at the DU series a few weeks ago and eventually we moved. 

Gross.

Just now, Cratter said:

I'm starting to think some of these really low draft picked players. No one really watches or cares or hardly knows much about, or very little sets them apart from all the other hockey players....the teams are probably like "Oh he's going to North Dakota (or BU,BC, Minn) just draft that player."

Absolutely correct.  After the first maybe second rounds, they are guys that some scout saw a possible role player in and they are willing to take a bet in case they are a late bloomer.

a 4-6 rounder is not "special" they have something of interest worth watching just in case.

• Upvote 2

7 minutes ago, Cratter said:

Berry: "For a team playing for their lives, there was no urgency."

"Didn't respect opponent. Easy to get up for the UMD's and SCSUs."

"Urgency didn't come til CC was ahead." "Our PK or PP surely wasn't good."

"Thome gave us a chance to win the game."

"Unfortunately nobody to put in the lineup if taking people out of the lineup for players taking undisciplined penalties, but this is a tryout for the rest of this year and next year."

Are you kidding or did he really say this? It’s really disappointing because I’ve tried to be in BB’s corner. If there is no sense of urgency and a lacking of respect for the opponent that is 100% square on the coach’s shoulders.  This is supposedly big time college hockey. Millions of dollars are being spent by fans, boosters, and taxpayers. If Brad and the staff don’t  take this seriously then why should fans or anyone else.