SiouxSports.com Forum

UND @ CC -- Friday Gameday

stoneySIOUX

58 minutes ago, SIOUXELEVENS said:

Where Stoney Sioux to tell us how good we will  be next year with all the awesome recruits we have coming in. This coaching staff couldn’t coach the 82 oilers.

14 minutes ago, stoneySIOUX said:

Hey! I'm here! :silly:

2v0q3s.jpg

Late round draft picks are not polished players. They generally have blatant weaknesses, it’s up to the player to develop and address weaknesses. 

Where a player is drafted is often based on perceived potential at the next level. 

Several late round picks have been good college players. 

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, CarpeRemote said:

Are you kidding or did he really say this? It’s really disappointing because I’ve tried to be in BB’s corner. If there is no sense of urgency and a lacking of respect for the opponent that is 100% square on the coach’s shoulders.  This is supposedly big time college hockey. Millions of dollars are being spent by fans, boosters, and taxpayers. If Brad and the staff don’t  take this seriously then why should fans or anyone else. 

It's why I don't listen to his interviews any more.....its like pouring gasoline on the dumpster fire. 

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, siouxforce19 said:

Late round draft picks are not polished players. They generally have blatant weaknesses, it’s up to the player to develop and address weaknesses. 

Where a player is drafted is often based on perceived potential at the next level. 

Several late round picks have been good college players. 

What round were Drake Caggiula and Matt Henderson drafted in?  Asking for a friend... 

I’d take some undrafted senior leadership like that on this team right now.

1 minute ago, MafiaMan said:

What round were Drake Caggiula and Matt Henderson drafted in?  Asking for a friend... 

I’d take some undrafted leadership like that on this team right now.

Trust me I get it. But some seem to be obsessed with high draft picks (not me) 

Has almost everything to do with our tremendous lack of forward scoring. But, apparently we aren't allowed to be excited to be bringing in high profile forwards? Lol.

Or, maybe I'm just not allowed to be. Siouxelevens, what's the ruling here?

1 minute ago, stoneySIOUX said:

Has almost everything to do with our tremendous lack of forward scoring. But, apparently we aren't allowed to be excited to be bringing in high profile forwards? Lol

Well, I’m excited. Not based on draft status, but because I’ve seen them play and believe they will help. 

I get the hesitation to be optimistic for others, but just because some forwards has underperformed doesn’t mean every forward is going to from here on out. So I will maintain my optimism. 

• Upvote 1

40 minutes ago, Cratter said:

Tim's voice sounds sad on the radio. He either has a cold or reality is setting in.

Not sure as did not hear him tonight but I would think it's the latter as his voice has really gotten "old" the last few years (listening to his morning show), which really is ironic as he looks to be in great shape and has certainly kept the weight off in his middle/middle-late age.    

Well, I’m excited. Not based on draft status, but because I’ve seen them play and believe they will help. 

I get the hesitation to be optimistic for others, but just because some forwards has underperformed doesn’t mean every forward is going to from here on out. So I will maintain my optimism. 

It's just me. I'm the eternal optimist and apparently that makes people sad because they wanna feel grumpy? ;) Idk lol. 

I see zero reason to not be excited and/or hopeful that this team could get better when what we lack most is scoring.

10 minutes ago, stoneySIOUX said:

Senden. 

9 minutes ago, siouxforce19 said:

I did revise that to read “senior” leadership.  Seems like Blais and Hakstol managed to find guys like Henderson and Caggiula and mold them into the best players they could be.  Berry...not-so-much.

• Upvote 3

7 minutes ago, stoneySIOUX said:

I see zero reason to not be excited and/or hopeful that this team could get better when what we lack most is scoring.

We'll have an excellent d-corps and goalie for next season, that's a huge start.
And as a plus, there's no way the offense and PP can be as bad as this year, so that's already a better team.

I doubt they'll be a dominant team next season, but I'm guessing that they make the NCAA's next season after missing two years in a row.

• Upvote 2

48 minutes ago, runaroundsioux said:

I'm not defending anything. We suck and it hurts. I don't understand you revelling in it.  

"Reveling" in it?  Like me, I believe he's frustrated/effin sick and tired of it (albeit, MM tosses in some sarcasm to dull the pain) these last few seasons and would surely love to see it end.  At least with Haks we nevery suffered from being a bad/mediocre team all season long, we only suffered from being a good to great team pretty much every season that could not win the big one come late in the season.  Sure, that still hurt big-time but at least we were not embarrassed or apologizing to anyone.   

4 minutes ago, brianvf said:

We'll have an excellent d-corps and goalie for next season, that's a huge start.
And as a plus, there's no way the offense and PP can be as bad as this year, so that's already a better team.

I doubt they'll be a dominant team next season, but I'm guessing that they make the NCAA's next season after missing two years in a row.

That's precisely how I feel. I'm glad others are saying the same because I don't understand why there isn't optimism.

37 minutes ago, CarpeRemote said:

Are you kidding or did he really say this? It’s really disappointing because I’ve tried to be in BB’s corner. If there is no sense of urgency and a lacking of respect for the opponent that is 100% square on the coach’s shoulders.  This is supposedly big time college hockey. Millions of dollars are being spent by fans, boosters, and taxpayers. If Brad and the staff don’t  take this seriously then why should fans or anyone else. 

Yup, he said that as I turned the radio on for the post-game show.   I laughed as I thought he's finally being critical/hard on his players (you could tell) but thought that's ultimately on you guy no matter what. 

17 minutes ago, GDPritch said:

"Reveling" in it?  Like me, I believe he's frustrated/effin sick and tired of it (albeit, MM tosses in some sarcasm to dull the pain) these last few seasons and would surely love to see it end.  At least with Haks we nevery suffered from being a bad/mediocre team all season long, we only suffered from being a good to great team pretty much every season that could not win the big one come late in the season.  Sure, that still hurt big-time but at least we were not embarrassed or apologizing to anyone.   

Fewest wins in any Hak season:  

Berry’s last three:

21, 17, and thus far, 15.

• Upvote 1

44 minutes ago, stoneySIOUX said:

That's precisely how I feel. I'm glad others are saying the same because I don't understand why there isn't optimism.

Because of our coaching staff..  we have talent this year we just have a really bad coach. So even if we bring in great forwards our coaching staff can still ruin the season. 

33 minutes ago, ThompHockey said:

Because of our coaching staff..  we have talent this year we just have a really bad coach. So even if we bring in great forwards our coaching staff can still ruin the season. 

I greatly disagree that 1) We have good enough forward talent; 2) Bubbs is a really bad coach.

Our best players, outside of our netminders, are defensemen and they are leading this team. This is flatly shown in our system and even by playing three d-men on our top PP tonight.

Bubbs and his staff has shown during the title season that they can coach a team with great scoring punch. He's/they have also shown he/they can get this current team to beat really good teams without great forward play. If he was such a terrible coach, we'd lose all our games because our forward group isn't performing.

Seems fair to want to see what he can do with a good crop of scorers.

• Upvote 2

3 hours ago, ThompHockey said:

How is Casey Johnson still getting ice time.. worst player since Simonson. 

Why does barry insist on playing local players when they don't deserve to even be on the team?

I sat next to D Jackson and P Lamoureux when they came to Minot to scout the jr game.  When they told me they were there to watch C Johnson I was dumbfounded!