SiouxSports.com Forum

UND @ CC -- Friday Gameday

stoneySIOUX

5 hours ago, Cratter said:

Hain: Round 6
Gardner: Round 4
Weatherby: Round 4
Adams: Round 6

UND will always have "so and so" many drafted players....just cause it's UND. 
Overall number should be taken with a slight grain of salt.

Bud...you just listed three underclassmen and a whiff by Dallas.  Also, the margin between a 5th-undrafted pick is razor thin.

5 hours ago, siouxforce19 said:

Late round draft picks are not polished players. They generally have blatant weaknesses, it’s up to the player to develop and address weaknesses. 

Where a player is drafted is often based on perceived potential at the next level. 

Several late round picks have been good college players. 

Several? ...more like tons.  Great point though.

game was super tough to watch, especially on the big sheet. Our chose. System of getting it back to the D to fire off clean perimeter shots was even shut down with greater ease.  That’s on Bubs if you ask me.  I believe I saw Hain with and good luck and Guch...other than than that all borderline worthless perimeter shots given every team must realize that’s they only setup we’re going to run.  But honestly, I fell asleep shorty after CC scored so the boys probably had a few more scoring opps (hopefully).

This is not the year.  We’ll need to turn over some upperclassman and continue to develop the newer guys.  Those calling out late draft pick underclassmen are 100% clueless on hockey and are probably more long time Sioux fans.  We have a bland as hell ozone strategy, get absolutely nothing from the upperclassman, and we’ve missed out on a couple recruiting classes. This is the product of that.  

Not what’s going to pull us out of this funk other than time. The blend of high Enders and overagers has always worked for us (and teams like Denver and more recently UMD/SCSU).  I believe we’ve missed on some guys the past few years.

54 minutes ago, scpa0305 said:

Several? ...more like tons.  Great point though.

game was super tough to watch, especially on the big sheet. Our chose. System of getting it back to the D to fire off clean perimeter shots was even shut down with greater ease.  That’s on Bubs if you ask me.  I believe I saw Hain with and good luck and Guch...other than than that all borderline worthless perimeter shots given every team must realize that’s they only setup we’re going to run.  But honestly, I fell asleep shorty after CC scored so the boys probably had a few more scoring opps (hopefully).

This is not the year.  We’ll need to turn over some upperclassman and continue to develop the newer guys.  Those calling out late draft pick underclassmen are 100% clueless on hockey and are probably more long time Sioux fans.  We have a bland as hell ozone strategy, get absolutely nothing from the upperclassman, and we’ve missed out on a couple recruiting classes. This is the product of that.  

Not what’s going to pull us out of this funk other than time. The blend of high Enders and overagers has always worked for us (and teams like Denver and more recently UMD/SCSU).  I believe we’ve missed on some guys the past few years.

Who have we missed on? I think this staffs philosophy is one thing that holds this team back, no way should three D men lead the team in shots.

5 hours ago, stoneySIOUX said:

I greatly disagree that 1) We have good enough forward talent; 2) Bubbs is a really bad coach.

Our best players, outside of our netminders, are defensemen and they are leading this team. This is flatly shown in our system and even by playing three d-men on our top PP tonight.

Bubbs and his staff has shown during the title season that they can coach a team with great scoring punch. He's/they have also shown he/they can get this current team to beat really good teams without great forward play. If he was such a terrible coach, we'd lose all our games because our forward group isn't performing.

Excellent read on things, Mrs. Berry.

38-29-13 in in two seasons following the NCAA title and 15-15-2 so far this season.  I was told there would be no math, but that’s 9 games over .500.  Is THAT the new benchmark of success?  Hakstol’s worst SEASON record was still 9 games over .500 (2009 * 24-15-4).

• Upvote 2

Maybe Berry should just recruit 22 D men and he would be comfortable , his offensive scheme is cycle the puck down low then kick it iut to the D fir a shot. Instead of taking everything back let’s take it to the net. If you look at our past scorers then had one thing in common, they never passed up on a shot from anywhere.(Joyce, Romaniuk, Lundbohm, Bochenski,Boesser.)

10 minutes ago, SIOUXELEVENS said:

Maybe Berry should just recruit 22 D men and he would be comfortable , his offensive scheme is cycle the puck down low then kick it iut to the D fir a shot. Instead of taking everything back let’s take it to the net. If you look at our past scorers then had one thing in common, they never passed up on a shot from anywhere.(Joyce, Romaniuk, Lundbohm, Bochenski,Boesser.)

Maybe one cycle low, move it up the wall, scissor cycle with defenseman, nobody in front of the goalie, shot....save.

Rinse and repeat.  

Picked up my Regional tickets.....also bought 2 more from a buddy for which I already paid him for the tickets since I thought there was NO WAY UND misses the NCAA a second straight season (silly me) and Scheels is minutes from my house 

My question is will he contact me about picking up the 2 tickets I bought from him or will he tell me you can have all 4 of his cause he can't bear to watch SCSU and the like? Problem in either scenario is I don't have 5 friends......or 7.

Signed, 

Lonely and Depressed

3 minutes ago, Oxbow6 said:

Picked up my Regional tickets.....also bought 2 more from a buddy for which I already paid him for the tickets since I thought there was NO WAY UND misses the NCAA a second straight season (silly me) and Scheels is minutes from my house 

My question is will he contact me about picking up the 2 tickets I bought from him or will he tell me you can have all 4 of his cause he can't bear to watch SCSU and the like? Problem in either scenario is I don't have 5 friends......or 7.

Signed, 

Lonely and Depressed

I’ll take 5 tickets off your hands for a Pizza Patrol pizza and a 2 liter of pop!  That’ll give me an excuse to drive to Fargo for a weekend visit.  

Since it worked so well last night I'd like to see Shaw go with this top PP unit tonight.......Bast, Black and Decker, Pooly, Mismash on crutches and Feeney. Can't be worse than last night.

41 minutes ago, MafiaMan said:

I’ll take 5 tickets off your hands for a Pizza Patrol pizza and a 2 liter of pop!  That’ll give me an excuse to drive to Fargo for a weekend visit.  

I don't think @Oxbow6 has room for your broom ball ego staying on his couch during the regional. 

1 hour ago, MafiaMan said:

Excellent read on things, Mrs. Berry.

38-29-13 in in two seasons following the NCAA title and 15-15-2 so far this season.  I was told there would be no math, but that’s 9 games over .500.  Is THAT the new benchmark of success?  Hakstol’s worst SEASON record was still 9 games over .500 (2009 * 24-15-4).

Good morning, sunshine. Glad to see you're feeling better after your nap. Goodness. 

1 minute ago, stoneySIOUX said:

Good morning, sunshine. Glad to see you're feeling better after your nap. Goodness. 

My question is are you currently posting while still in your Unicorn PJs eating Lucky Charms?

Asking for MM. ;)

1 hour ago, SIOUXELEVENS said:

I like how you put Lundbohm in there but not Hrkac, Parise, Duncan, Oshie, Toews...said with a smile 

• Upvote 1

31 minutes ago, Wilbur said:

I don't think @Oxbow6 has room for your broom ball ego staying on his couch during the regional. 

My broomball ego took a bit of a hit after a -2 showing in a 5-3 loss in the league championship game on Wednesday night.  If there is a Hogg event this year, I'll be a little light on t-shirt give-aways.  

11 minutes ago, MafiaMan said:

My broomball ego took a bit of a hit after a -2 showing in a 5-3 loss in the league championship game on Wednesday night.  If there is a Hogg event this year, I'll be a little light on t-shirt give-aways.  

#defensiveliability

#nota200footplayer