SiouxSports.com Forum

UND at Denver

runaroundsioux

Tavaris Jackson could throw the ball as long as any QB in the NFL.......but he wasn't accurate.....in basketball, taking a bunch of 3 point shots doesn't make you a good player.....you've gotta make them.....in baseball it doesn't matter how many times you swing the bat if you never hit the bill.  Why do shots on goal matter so much to some?

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, SiouxBoys said:

Tough to blame Senden for that stupid penalty considering one of the captains on the team runs around and takes stupid penalties all the time.

I'll take that Senden penalty.  UND would have needed another 2 periods to score again so might as well try setting the tone for tomorrow night.

Another frustrating loss and it followed a script that has been too common the last couple years. The opponent takes advantage of their limited opportunities and we develop a number of grade A looks but just can't convert. I liked the effort for the most part all the way around and thought the guys really brought that same type of edge that we saw Saturday against St. Cloud which I think is something this team has to have night in and night out. Larsson was very good for Denver but someone has to find a way to convert on one of those chances early at this level. I thought the Senden penalty towards the end was a weak call. Yeah he hit him hard but that doesn't mean it is a penalty. Bring the same type of effort and energy but finish on a few more chances especially early and get outta Denver with a split.

• Upvote 2

2 minutes ago, burd said:

He's really showing how good he is. 

I'm getting ahead of myself looking at next year, but he's the perfect example of why I'm so excited about next years class. You have a bunch of guys that are highly skilled, high caliber true freshman coming in. Tychonick took awhile to situated into the college game, but once those type of guys do, watch out. 

• Upvote 1

5 minutes ago, SiouxScore said:

Another frustrating loss and it followed a script that has been too common the last couple years. The opponent takes advantage of their limited opportunities and we develop a number of grade A looks but just can't convert. I liked the effort for the most part all the way around and thought the guys really brought that same type of edge that we saw Saturday against St. Cloud which I think is something this team has to have night in and night out. Larsson was very good for Denver but someone has to find a way to convert on one of those chances early at this level. I thought the Senden penalty towards the end was a weak call. Yeah he hit him hard but that doesn't mean it is a penalty. Bring the same type of effort and energy but finish on a few more chances especially early and get outta Denver with a split.

That Senden hit is a penalty through and through. Will and should get called 10/10 times.

• Downvote 1

2 minutes ago, AJS said:

I'm getting ahead of myself looking at next year, but he's the perfect example of why I'm so excited about next years class. You have a bunch of guys that are highly skilled, high caliber true freshman coming in. Tychonick took awhile to situated into the college game, but once those type of guys do, watch out. 

I hear you but I'm starting to grow tired of highly skilled/high caliber/high-end recruits (hear it every season with all our draft picks) coming in but they can't produce/produce minimal goals and points.  It sure seems to be a trend lately.   

1 minute ago, Cratter said:

On the road for the first round of the playoffs.

Likely against DU.

Which means no St. Paul. 

Which means no chance to win the autobid.

Which means no NCAA tournament again.

Which means I bought extra Regional tickets again this year why?