SiouxSports.com Forum

UND (2-5, 8-12) vs USD (2-4, 8-11) 1/23 7 PM

SWSiouxMN

49 minutes ago, Kab said:

Jones doesn’t make much but he is way over paid

i don’t know why any player would want to play for him

What are you talking about? He beat out a bunch of Power 5 schools for a 4 star recruit this year. If they fire Jones they probably lose his players. BTW, I was at the NDSU/UND game on Sunday, I didn't think I would ever see a D1 player skinnier than Trayvonn  Wright, but I think Bijiek may be. However, Wright had a lot more basketball skills than Bijiek as a true freshman. Does anyone see him as a future dominant player in the Summit?  

Looking from afar, it appears Stewart and Moody are probably your best players. The problem is Moody isn't great at creating his own shot and right now is a liability on defense, which certainly can change in the future, I really wish he were a Bison and the 7 footer from Dickinson wasn't.  And even though Stewart is talented, he is not an ideal point guard or leader for a team. Lawrence Alexander or Quentin Hooker wouldn't be caught behind a play pouting about a missed shot or turnover.

Ralston had some good commentary.  He said Davidson knew the weakness of UND defensively and offensively and now as USD assistant coach, they were meaningfully attacked at those weak points.  Davidson worked hard with with Moody to elevate his defensive game, and those weak points were still evident in this game.

4 hours ago, UND-FB-FAN said:

UND men's basketball stinks.

New leadership, please. Thanks. 

People will be on here to excuse another Jones loss, like they do every season. Young team, no money, transfer, etc. Doesn’t matter as long as we make an effort in the tournament. So everyone should just be calm because in March Jones will take UND to the promise land and knock off those South Dakota teams at basically their home court. And why would people bitch about Augustana joining the Summit when we have a hard time beating our old NCC foes. 

Jones pulled a Mussman when he made it to NCAA tournament a few years back.  Everyone knew he was the wrong guy, he had shown very little up until that point, but just as he was about to get the heave ho he pulls that season out of his rear.  Bought a mediocre coach a couple extra years that is setting the program back even more years.  Mussman did the same thing in football and as Bubba has shown, there's no guarantee the next guy will be able to correct the ship.

• Upvote 4

5 hours ago, gfhockey said:

I’d laugh if ralston gets suspended again. Jones walked off in middle of post game interview. He’s just so awkard

not sure if anyone saw but sometime in the first half jonesy called a to and as the team was walking past him he slowly ripped up a small piece of paper up about six times right in someone's face (not sure if it was intended for the whole team or just one player in particular)....very odd grandstanding by jones.

worst game i've been too since we beat umc by 1 on a 50 foot bank shot about ten years ago

4 hours ago, TheFlop said:

Jones pulled a Mussman when he made it to NCAA tournament a few years back.  Everyone knew he was the wrong guy, he had shown very little up until that point, but just as he was about to get the heave ho he pulls that season out of his rear.  Bought a mediocre coach a couple extra years that is setting the program back even more years.  Mussman did the same thing in football and as Bubba has shown, there's no guarantee the next guy will be able to correct the ship.

I am not giving up on Bubba just yet, but I agree with the general tone of your post.

21 hours ago, nd1sufan said:

What are you talking about? He beat out a bunch of Power 5 schools for a 4 star recruit this year. If they fire Jones they probably lose his players. BTW, I was at the NDSU/UND game on Sunday, I didn't think I would ever see a D1 player skinnier than Trayvonn  Wright, but I think Bijiek may be. However, Wright had a lot more basketball skills than Bijiek as a true freshman. Does anyone see him as a future dominant player in the Summit?  

Looking from afar, it appears Stewart and Moody are probably your best players. The problem is Moody isn't great at creating his own shot and right now is a liability on defense, which certainly can change in the future, I really wish he were a Bison and the 7 footer from Dickinson wasn't.  And even though Stewart is talented, he is not an ideal point guard or leader for a team. Lawrence Alexander or Quentin Hooker wouldn't be caught behind a play pouting about a missed shot or turnover.

Oh its not even close, Bijek is.  

Honestly... I expected a lot more by now from him.  Doesn't mean he can't figure it out.