SiouxSports.com Forum

NDSUCKS Dump Thread

geaux_sioux

Should NDSU choose to announce any further information about this matter, I can't think of a better week to do it. The football team was in DC; there's a donor announcement Thursday at NDSU (per ira). It would easily be at best third in this week's NDSU news cycle. And third prize doesn't even get you the steak knives

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, BarnWinterSportsEngelstad said:

Or Robbins' teammates stating it wan't 17 pregame cups of JOE. 

That wouldn't be definitive. A teammate could only report what they observed. 

Robbins, NDSU, and the NCAA knows what the substance in question is. They have the test report data.  

2 minutes ago, The Sicatoka said:

Should NDSU choose to announce any further information about this matter, I can't think of a better week to do it. The football team was in DC; there's a donor announcement Thursday at NDSU (per ira). It would easily be at best third in this week's NDSU news cycle. And third prize doesn't even get you the steak knives

SU will not announce it, they have this so locked down, no one will talk about it. They are trying to ride this out.

• Upvote 1

28 minutes ago, The Sicatoka said:

Robbins, NDSU, and the NCAA knows what the substance in question is. They have the test report data.  

Junior's teammates were more than observing according to BB Mama, they were also swallowing and know what came down.

• Upvote 1

When this first broke the whisper mill churned out "they just forgot to put in some paperwork to the NCAA" as the problem. (See earlier in this thread or on other sites.) 

What that implies is the substance is acceptable under a prescription from a doctor. That's how something disallowed becomes acceptable. The NCAA does offer exceptions in the case of "under a doctor's care or order". 

Now the story is caffeine. 

Has anyone ever gotten a prescription for ... caffeine? 

And, if it is caffeine why not say it and get the sympathy (and scoffing disbelieve toward the NCAA) from the average person who gets through their day with a vente triple-shot espresso. 

This is where I loop back to ... we don't know until someone with first-hand knowledge of the test results (Robbins, NDSU, NCAA) makes an official statement. 

2 hours ago, The Sicatoka said:

For my own consistency, until we have an official statement from a party with first-hand knowledge (Robbins, NDSU, NCAA) we don't know that. 

I’ll believe unofficial word of mouth in this one.

[football program > individual student-athlete] is all we’re seeing here as far as lack of official statement goes. 

2 hours ago, The Sicatoka said:

When this first broke the whisper mill churned out "they just forgot to put in some paperwork to the NCAA" as the problem. (See earlier in this thread or on other sites.) 

What that implies is the substance is acceptable under a prescription from a doctor. That's how something disallowed becomes acceptable. The NCAA does offer exceptions in the case of "under a doctor's care or order". 

Now the story is caffeine. 

Has anyone ever gotten a prescription for ... caffeine? 

And, if it is caffeine why not say it and get the sympathy (and scoffing disbelieve toward the NCAA) from the average person who gets through their day with a vente triple-shot espresso. 

This is where I loop back to ... we don't know until someone with first-hand knowledge of the test results (Robbins, NDSU, NCAA) makes an official statement. 

That was the old narrative.  Try to keep up.

3 hours ago, UND-FB-FAN said:

It wasn’t caffeine.

3 hours ago, gundy1124 said:

If it's caffeine I think they just come out and say caffeine.  I don't think anyone cares about caffeine because it's socially acceptable.  My gut tells me, it's not caffeine as you really have to work hard for 500mg in the system post game.

How do we know the testing was done post game? The NCAA can test before, during or after a game. 

3 hours ago, UND-FB-FAN said:

It wasn’t caffeine.

What was it then? And how do you know? 

The curiosity in this is the following:

If it really was caffeine why not just come out and say it. The average person would be flabbergasted that the NCAA would take away a season for drinking a freshly brewed pot of Folgers*. Robbins and NDSU would more than likely get sympathy and the NCAA would get scorn (and who's not in favor of that). 

Heck, if we tested the student body at any university for caffeine during the last three days of finals week I wonder how many would fail in the eyes of the NCAA. 

But by not coming out and saying "caffeine" it makes me wonder ... is it. 

All that said, we don't know until someone who knows (Robbins, NDSU, NCAA) says so. 

*I received no compensation for that name drop. ;) And believe it or not that would get the average person close if not into the NCAA fail category. 

31 minutes ago, The Sicatoka said:

The curiosity in this is the following:

If it really was caffeine why not just come out and say it. The average person would be flabbergasted that the NCAA would take away a season for drinking a freshly brewed pot of Folgers*. Robbins and NDSU would more than likely get sympathy and the NCAA would get scorn (and who's not in favor of that). 

Heck, if we tested the student body at any university for caffeine during the last three days of finals week I wonder how many would fail in the eyes of the NCAA. 

But by not coming out and saying "caffeine" it makes me wonder ... is it. 

All that said, we don't know until someone who knows (Robbins, NDSU, NCAA) says so. 

*I received no compensation for that name drop. ;) And believe it or not that would get the average person close if not into the NCAA fail category. 

The only person that can legally say what the substance was is BR right? The school and NCAA cannot reveal any information per privacy laws. Not sure why BR didn't just say what he tested positive for, would have eliminated a lot of assumptions/accusations. IMO BR and his mom should have either spilled the whole story if they were going to go public with it. Something doesn't smell right from their side either.

I wonder if young BR was 100% truthful with his mother, wouldn't be the first time a son fudged a few details just to get the moment to pass, and not realizing mom was going to go on the warpath.  This would kind of explain the lack of anything since, although not as interesting as a scandalous cover up by MooU and their dope peddling guru...

17 minutes ago, North Dakota said:

Not sure why BR didn't just say what he tested positive for, would have eliminated a lot of assumptions/accusations. IMO BR and his mom should have either spilled the whole story if they were going to go public with it. Something doesn't smell right from their side either.

Not going to disagree with that. 

The NCAA could remove all personal data from test results and report generically by State or by conference: "We ran X tests on student-athletes from < state/conf > during < timeframe >. Of the X tests, Y came back positive for Z, M came back positive for N. Results were reported to the schools and student athletes involved and sanctions have been applied." 

The NCAA would do that if they really were serious about enforcement and student athlete safety. 

25 minutes ago, North Dakota said:

The only person that can legally say what the substance was is BR right? The school and NCAA cannot reveal any information per privacy laws. 

While there is likely some truth to that, Clemson hasn't had any issues discussing the matter on the record

Lawrence and the two other players -- backup offensive lineman Zach Giellaand freshman tight end Braden Galloway -- had a "sliver" of a substance called ostarine in their test samples, Swinney said.

"We do have an issue that we're dealing with," Swinney told reporters. "And, you know, I think that the best thing is to just be transparent in that."

• Upvote 1

10 minutes ago, jdub27 said:

While there is likely some truth to that, Clemson hasn't had any issues discussing the matter on the record

I wonder how they can do that, maybe the athletes signed a waiver or something? I don't know how all these laws work but I do know there are definitely laws schools must follow regarding information about students.

The NCAA classifies ostarine as an anabolic agent like steroids. 

http://www.ncaa.org/2018-19-ncaa-banned-drugs-list

Nowhere on earth is ostarine approved for human use or consumption. How that stuff ended up at Clemson is probably not a great story. 

https://www.usada.org/substance-profile-ostarine/

20 hours ago, The Sicatoka said:

Yes, and they are legally required to keep that confidential.  At least NDSU and ncaa are.