SiouxSports.com Forum

NDSUCKS Dump Thread

geaux_sioux

5 hours ago, Herd said:

Yes, and they are legally required to keep that confidential.  At least NDSU and ncaa are.  

Clearly Clemson has spoken on subject, so there is a way for a school to talk about such matters. 

And as I posited earlier, the NCAA could remove all personal information and talk generically about test results and findings and failure rates. 

• Upvote 2

3 hours ago, Herd said:

Yes, and they are legally required to keep that confidential.  At least NDSU and ncaa are.  

It's not that point blank, Clemson just did. 

There is some reason Junior made some things public and went on further to say it's not these two drugs but never went on to mention what he was swallowing. Also another player(s) out of this BB Mama's group of "spread through out the locker room" users could go public?

On 2/11/2019 at 7:58 AM, The Sicatoka said:

Every contracted game between the schools UND has played. We've been over that. 

I've already contacted the NCAA's enforcement people asking why Ben Newman's name is swirling near loss of eligibility issues on at least two campuses. Call it my good deed for the day. You can thank me later. 

Who could clear up the smoke immediately? Robbins' by naming (names or substances); NDSU by naming the 'giver' (staff, grad student, S/A) that Larson admits to. Heck if Larson know that he knows the substance too I bet. A fifty word press brief and all the supposition goes away.  

So what was the NCAA's reply? Is it "later"?

Writing to the NCAA is sending into a black hole. That's what you get from organizations with no real accountability. 

So yeah, I got the same response as any other time I've queried them: Dead air.  

But a guy can still dream ... 

• Upvote 1

On 3/7/2019 at 3:21 PM, siouxfb said:

The lack of updates on spring ball is killing me...where is UND? Tom Miller? UNDFootball360?

We need some info! :)

It’s maybe been a little quiet since Bubba May be a little light on numbers just now. My niece is a track athlete at UND apparently several of the team were arrested last weekend while out on the town. I’m guessing punishments are being handed down. 

7 hours ago, Siouxswim1 said:

It’s maybe been a little quiet since Bubba May be a little light on numbers just now. My niece is a track athlete at UND apparently several of the team were arrested last weekend while out on the town. I’m guessing punishments are being handed down. 

What???

16 hours ago, Siouxswim1 said:

I am guessing Forum Communicatons will treat this a little different than the drug abuse scandal at Forum State Universty.

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, CMSioux said:

I am guessing Forum Communicatons will treat this a little different than the drug abuse scandal at Forum State Universty.

Bad comparison if you’re seeing this as a reason to call out a bias in reporting.

Alcohol charges are always reported on with specifics. Since it is an actual crime it will be public record and every single detail will be in that public record. Same thing happens when NDSU guys get picked up for drinking. 

What has happened at NDSU in recent weeks isn’t illegal by our justice system’s standards and is just an ncaa violation. It isn’t part of the public record so details are much more difficult to come by. 

12 minutes ago, Bison06 said:

Alcohol charges are always reported on with specifics. Since it is an actual crime it will be public record and every single detail will be in that public record. Same thing happens when NDSU guys get picked up for drinking. 

True, it is public record, but when's the last time the Forum reported a minor for a football player? There was even a disorderly conduct the night of a playoff game that didn't get a mention. There's been plenty of opportunities over the last few years to report on them and they haven't touched them. I don't personally think a kid's first MIP really reaches the level of "news", and but just pointing out that the days of those being reported in Fargo are long in the past. 

3 minutes ago, jdub27 said:

True, it is public record, but when's the last time the Forum reported a minor for a football player? There was even a disorderly conduct the night of a playoff game that didn't get a mention. There's been plenty of opportunities over the last few years to report on them and they haven't touched them. I don't personally think a kid's first MIP really reaches the level of "news", and but just pointing out that the days of those being reported in Fargo are long in the past. 

I don’t follow NDSU to the extreme extent I did 10 years ago, so I’m not aware of when guys get MIP’s anymore. I couldn’t tell you if they are being reported or not in recent years, but as recently as 2012 and 2013 a google search brings up MIP’s being reported in the forum.

i agree with you that they are not really a big deal, college kids drink, no surprise there.

57 minutes ago, Siouxswim1 said:

Apparently a bunch of them went out underage drinking and were nabbed. Not sure of specifics just what she told me. 

It would be incredibly rare for someone to be arrested for underage drinking. Were you exaggerating with the first post, or guessing with the second?

• Upvote 3

19 hours ago, Siouxswim1 said:

Mods: Why do you allow BS like this on the site? This is complete unsubstantiated garbage from a "new poster" trying to disrupt the Spring Ball thread. Use your heads. I hope somebody sues the sh*% out of this site someday for the garbage you allow.

2 hours ago, jdub27 said:

Specifics???? Names?????

2 hours ago, Stockdamhockey said:

Mods: Why do you allow BS like this on the site? This is complete unsubstantiated garbage from a "new poster" trying to disrupt the Spring Ball thread. Use your heads. I hope somebody sues the sh*% out of this site someday for the garbage you allow.

I’m not lawyer, but what about this poster’s statement gets anywhere in the viscinity of slander or libel? A very vague statement that doesn’t name any specific people?

I am a lawyer, and while the post seems devoid of anything but gossip, I don't see how it's libelous, and I don't see how the site is in trouble. Lots of BS gets posted here in the form of opinion. I hope NO ONE reading this site thinks everything written is true. 

The football program could be the "victim" here, but it's not like the owners of the site endorse everything that is written.

When I read things that involve essentially, "I know someone who goes to UND and she said..." I just stop reading.

• Upvote 2

4 hours ago, UNDBIZ said:

It would be incredibly rare for someone to be arrested for underage drinking. Were you exaggerating with the first post, or guessing with the second?

I don’t know a lot of specifics- just that they were going bar to bar and there were some arrests. People were asking why it was quiet and I suggested maybe there were no updates because of this. I don’t think what they did is any different than what goes on in other sports or on other campuses. 

My nephew was at a truck stop near Drayton. He overheard a conversation that some of the posters on this forum have a secret hide-a-way in the Pembina Gorge near Walhalla. They are allegedly hiring Canadian hookers for parties that last for days. Any questions, contact Shep. He's my attorney. :) 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

31 minutes ago, Siouxswim1 said:

I don’t know a lot of specifics- just that they were going bar to bar and there were some arrests. People were asking why it was quiet and I suggested maybe there were no updates because of this. I don’t think what they did is any different than what goes on in other sports or on other campuses. 

Again, people don't get arrested for just underage drinking. And if players were arrested, that shouldn't affect the number of stories the Herald can print on spring ball. Your story is bad. 

5 minutes ago, Stockdamhockey said:

My nephew was at a truck stop near Drayton. He overheard a conversation that some of the posters on this forum have a secret hide-a-way in the Pembina Gorge near Walhalla. They are allegedly hiring Canadian hookers for parties that last for days. Any questions, contact Shep. He's my attorney. :) 

Well thanks a lot everyone, my invite must've been lost in the mail?

41 minutes ago, UNDBIZ said:

Again, people don't get arrested for just underage drinking. And if players were arrested, that shouldn't affect the number of stories the Herald can print on spring ball. Your story is bad. 

If they were underage inside of a bar, that’s a bit different than just your run of the mill MIP. Fake ID’s etc. 

Either way, in my book, it’s a non story. If true, there will be a small suspension and everyone will learn their lesson.

7 hours ago, Bison06 said:

I don’t follow NDSU to the extreme extent I did 10 years ago, so I’m not aware of when guys get MIP’s anymore. I couldn’t tell you if they are being reported or not in recent years, but as recently as 2012 and 2013 a google search brings up MIP’s being reported in the forum. 

I mean, that kind of makes my point if the most recent infractions that come up are 6-7 years old. There has been plenty since then. 

9 minutes ago, jdub27 said:

I mean, that kind of makes my point if the most recent infractions that come up are 6-7 years old. There has been plenty since then. 

Has there? I honestly don’t know.

And if NDSU has kept them quiet as you say and the forum hasn’t reported them, how do you have knowledge of them?