SiouxSports.com Forum

CC at UND, January 11 & 12

GoalieMask

20 minutes ago, Godsmack said:

What about Bast’s dirty hit on Berardinelli? 

Bet on a suspension for the hit. Don Adam was at the game last night and the consensus is that he'll be sitting tonight. It looked like Bast knocked him out. 

• Upvote 1

7 minutes ago, Goon said:

Bet on a suspension for the hit. Don Adam was at the game last night and the consensus is that he'll be sitting tonight. It looked like Bast knocked him out. 

I would argue that supplemental discipline is definitely merited here. The hit was violent and reckless and every UND fan would agree that if the tables were turned and it was a Fighting Hawk laid out on the ice, the other guy should be punished. 

• Upvote 1

Take aways from the game...

3 points.

Bast absolutely should sit 1 maybe 2. That hit is what needs to be out of the game of hockey. If it was ours on the receiving end.  twitter and ss.com would have had to add more servers.

If anyone thinks Canisius or colorado college are good or even marginally talented hockey teams at this level. That person should be branded with some typeof unremovable decoration so that all of society knows that their opinions are toxic and have no possiblity of rationally benefiting mankind. Also they know absolute dyck about hockey.

CC is a badly untalented team. Thats a fact... UND struggled to compete and was a slight tip with little time remaining away from of a tie.... we can hold off on the hope and change a bit.

The "its a win" all that matters crowd is dangerous.  We tie DU or St clown... fine...lose to them ok......  but to a cc NOW at this point ..with the weight of their low pairwise carried..... a tie would have left only the frozen as a playoff path. Period. Thats the facts.

And its the same tonight. It is a must win and for gods sake idnlike to see our talented kids show some of their potential and kick the snot out of a vastly lesser skilled opponent. 

That's what is and should be expected, that expectation needs to be executed as opposed to exalted in words only.

• Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, Frozen4sioux said:

3 points.

Bast absolutely should sit 1 maybe 2. That hit is what needs to be out of the game of hockey. If it was ours on the receiving end.  twitter and ss.com would have had to add more servers.

If anyone thinks Canisius or colorado college are good or even marginally talented hockey teams at this level. That person should be branded with some typeof unremovable decoration so that all of society knows that their opinions are toxic and have no possiblity of rationally benefiting mankind. Also they know absolute dyck about hockey.

CC is a badly untalented team. Thats a fact... UND struggled to compete and was a slight tip with little time remaining away from of a tie.... we can hold off on the hope and change a bit.

The "its a win" all that matters crowd is dangerous.  We tie DU or St clown... fine...lose to them ok......  but to a cc NOW at this point ..with the weight of their low pairwise carried..... a tie would have left only the frozen as a playoff path. Period. Thats the facts.

And its the same tonight. It is a must win and for gods sake idnlike to see our talented kids show some of their potential and kick the snot out of a vastly lesser skilled opponent. 

That's what is and should be expected, that expectation needs to be executed as opposed to exalted in words only.

So you’re sayin’ there’s a chance on the black jerseys tonight being worn by the HOME team instead of the visitors, eh?

6 minutes ago, Frozen4sioux said:

3 points.

Stop saying mean things!

tenor (3).gif

• Upvote 3

24 minutes ago, MafiaMan said:

If Wilkie transferred to UND from Minnesota, scored a goal at Mariucci, er, 3M Arena, then proceeded to do a strip tease at center ice to celebrate the goal, SiouxSports would laugh its collective a** off at him showing up the Gopher team and fans.  But when it’s against North Dakota in Grand Forks, it’s, “HOW DARE HE DISRESPECT US LIKE THAT!”

Agreed.  

19 minutes ago, Frozen4sioux said:

3 points.

Cc is not good...but they’d crush canisius.  And yes, they do have some talented players.

• Upvote 1

27 minutes ago, MafiaMan said:

If Wilkie transferred to UND from Minnesota, scored a goal at Mariucci, er, 3M Arena, then proceeded to do a strip tease at center ice to celebrate the goal, SiouxSports would laugh its collective a** off at him showing up the Gopher team and fans.  But when it’s against North Dakota in Grand Forks, it’s, “HOW DARE HE DISRESPECT US LIKE THAT!”

I see you've been watching Slap Shot again. :) 

29 minutes ago, Godsmack said:

I would argue that supplemental discipline is definitely merited here. The hit was violent and reckless and every UND fan would agree that if the tables were turned and it was a Fighting Hawk laid out on the ice, the other guy should be punished. 

I think he knocked him out, he laid on the ice for long time. That's not a good hit at this point in a hockey game. I think you'd get supplemental discipline in the NHL for this hit. 

46 minutes ago, Godsmack said:

People complaining about Wilkie’s roughing penalty which wouldn’t cause irreparable damage and wishing him ill will for the rest of his college hockey career but then not acknowledging or saying anything about Bast’s stupid elbow that might cause permanent damage to Berardinelli. It just seems hypocritical to me. 

The discussion wasn’t about Bast’s hit so why assume that I agree with it? It happened quick at the game and only caught it out of the corner of my eye. My initial response was that I thought he got an elbow up and it’s definitely a 5. I haven’t seen a good slowed down replay yet to confirm but thinking a game for the hit is probably warranted, it was a really stupid time to take that penalty too.

You can dislike both Wilkie’s actions and one our guy’s hit at the same time, they’re not mutually exclusive. 

• Upvote 1

31 minutes ago, InHeavenThereIsNoBeer said:

The discussion wasn’t about Bast’s hit so why assume that I agree with it? It happened quick at the game and only caught it out of the corner of my eye. My initial response was that I thought he got an elbow up and it’s definitely a 5. I haven’t seen a good slowed down replay yet to confirm but thinking a game for the hit is probably warranted, it was a really stupid time to take that penalty too.

You can dislike both Wilkie’s actions and one our guy’s hit at the same time, they’re not mutually exclusive. 

I should’ve clarified that my commentary was directed at the relative silence to Bast’s hit. There appears to be far more outrage on this game thread over Wilkie’s cele than over Bast’s high hit on Berardinelli.

But I also don’t think what Wilkie did on his roughing penalty merits wishing the guy ill will for the rest of his college career. 

1 hour ago, MafiaMan said:

As long as he doesn't pop his jersey, I'm fine with it ;)

14 hours ago, InHeavenThereIsNoBeer said:

This thread is fuckin miserable to read, even after a win. We could sweep CC and Omaha and the response would be 'now we get excited for sweeping the worst teams in the conference? how far we've fallen'.

I for one enjoyed watching the game and the win. It is still tough when you look at the season as a whole and you see just how far this program has dropped. Not just in wins/losses, but in how they play the game. 

Like I said I enjoyed the game but I haven’t sent enough to get me excited about this team yet. Sweep CC and sweep Omaha and knock out some other big wins and I’ll start to get excited again. We need a Hakstol type second half run here.