SiouxSports.com Forum

CC at UND, January 11 & 12

GoalieMask

1 hour ago, Godsmack said:

The Westin Michaud goal where a CC teammate interfered with Scheel in the blue paint, preventing him to get in position.To a man, that goal should have been waived off. If the tables were turned, I’d acknowledge that it should be waived off on UND. 

I'm not sure what he saw that the rest of us didn't.  That one could be used in a "what goaltender interference is" video for officials. 

• Upvote 2

27 minutes ago, Wilbur said:

I'm not sure what he saw that the rest of us didn't.  That one could be used in a "what goaltender interference is" video for officials. 

I went back and watched it again tonight and Troy Conzo inexplicably fell on Scheel, he was never pushed. I don’t know how Haviland can argue that goal being waived off. 

• Upvote 1

On 1/14/2019 at 9:47 AM, SJHovey said:

That might be slightly overstating it.

I plugged in your results into the CHN customization feature for the Pairwise.  Because you didn't state which 6 we would win against UMD, SCSU, WMU and DU, I just went with sweeps at home and splits on the road.

With the results as you suggested, we'd be sitting at the #3 overall seed heading into the playoffs.  :p

It's actually a kind of fun tool to play around with, in your spare time.  Of course it assumes certain results elsewhere.  I believe it bases those results on KRACH ratings.  While they can be wrong, keep in mind they can be wrong in both directions (that is, to UND's benefit or detriment).

If you play around with the customization feature, what you'll see is that in the absence of some absurd outcomes elsewhere in college hockey, what UND really needs is to sweep two remaining series and split the rest. If it does that it's most likely spot in the pairwise will be around #10 heading into the playoffs.  Only one sweep and the rest of the series split will put us on the bubble, at around #15.

Didn't know this was out there so thanks for that.  The one thing that isn't accounted for when you play with this calculator, is that it does not take into account any other teams wins and losses over that same time period.  So in other words, we get credit for all those wins and we are measured on 30 some odd games while all the other teams only have 15-20 games when determining the Pairwise.  So while ND moves up, all the other teams stay stagnant because they don't factor in their games.  I hope they accomplish this but this team has shown no signs that it is anything like the teams during the Hak era when they would finish strong.  given the difficult taks ahead, BB better pull out some magic and get the boys going