SiouxSports.com Forum

EWU vs su frisco

SiouxFan100

1 hour ago, darell1976 said:

As a resident of Fargo we have no money, or Mahoney wouldn’t bitch about how much it cost for security for Trump’s visit. Property taxes keep going up, the price of the diversion just went up, and I’m sorry but not everyone here care about what conference the Bison are in. 

I understand your angst towards the Bison. I also know that not all people in Fargo are fans. Fact is if a Big ten offer came in there would be no way Fargo or NDSU and its fans  would let it get away. If you think other wise then you dont realize the magnitude of what that move would mean to the fargo community. The economic impact is huge.

But its really something you dont have to worry about.

2 hours ago, bison73 said:

I understand your angst towards the Bison. I also know that not all people in Fargo are fans. Fact is if a Big ten offer came in there would be no way Fargo or NDSU and its fans  would let it get away. If you think other wise then you dont realize the magnitude of what that move would mean to the fargo community. The economic impact is huge.

Don’t you think if Bison fans that live in Fargo didn’t care about money the Fargodome would already have plans to be replaced by a bigger dome, after all they have been kings of the FCS for almost a decade in a building almost 30 years old. Also me not being a Bison fan has nothing to do with my response, my wife who is a huge Bison fan whose parents went to NDSU says no to a new stadium time and time again when I ask her when the subject comes up. But it doesn’t matter since the Big 10 won’t look at NDSU. 

34 minutes ago, darell1976 said:

But it doesn’t matter since the Big 10 won’t look at NDSU. 

Bingo !!!  No Power 5 conference will ever invite a Dakota school unless it is the Big 12 in wresting or the Big 10 in hockey. Or possibly in a non-revenue sport nobody really cares about. IF any Dakota school, NDSU included, went to the FBS it would be to a G5 conference. 

• Upvote 2

39 minutes ago, darell1976 said:

Don’t you think if Bison fans that live in Fargo didn’t care about money the Fargodome would already have plans to be replaced by a bigger dome, after all they have been kings of the FCS for almost a decade in a building almost 30 years old. Also me not being a Bison fan has nothing to do with my response, my wife who is a huge Bison fan whose parents went to NDSU says no to a new stadium time and time again when I ask her when the subject comes up. But it doesn’t matter since the Big 10 won’t look at NDSU. 

Fargodome doesnt need to replaced. Its does exactly what it was built for. It also has what ???20 million in reserves. It makes money as it sits.It was built for 100 years so 30 years is nothing.They are talking now about renovations etc etc. but the majority is for conventions space and meeting rooms.  At this juncture it doesnt need to be bigger. Of course there are times when an additional 2-4 thousand seats would be nice

12 hours ago, bison73 said:

Okay, back to reality ...

The Big Ten Conference wants nothing to do with a “football only offer”, especially to a small agricultural college in North Dakota. 

Time to move on. NDSU finally losing some games (starting against EWU) might be the best thing for everyone’s sanity, particularly those in Fargo.

6 hours ago, UND-FB-FAN said:

Okay, back to reality ...

The Big Ten Conference wants nothing to do with a “football only offer”, especially to a small agricultural college in North Dakota. 

Time to move on. NDSU finally losing some games (starting against EWU) might be the best thing for everyone’s sanity, particularly those in Fargo.

Ive said numerous times this isnt going to happen so Ive been based in reality all along.

The premise all along was Fargo couldnt afford it if an offer was brought forward.

But I do understand your wish list.:xmas:

• 7 months later...

OMG I missed this. Did I just read some NDSU fans talk about the possibility of joining the Big Ten?? That's hilarious, even if it was said to get people riled up.

The next two most likely schools to join the Big Ten are Texas and Oklahoma. NDSU isn't in the same solar system.

2 hours ago, Ozzie82 said:

OMG I missed this. Did I just read some NDSU fans talk about the possibility of joining the Big Ten?? That's hilarious, even if it was said to get people riled up.

The next two most likely schools to join the Big Ten are Texas and Oklahoma. NDSU isn't in the same solar system.

No. You misinterpreted. There is no possibility.   Only one person--LakesBison (our version of Sioux Volley) is beating the--we have to move to the FBS drum.

12 minutes ago, bison73 said:

No. You misinterpreted. There is no possibility.   Only one person--LakesBison (our version of Sioux Volley) is beating the--we have to move to the FBS drum.

Someone should set up a new thread that only Sioux Volley and Lakes can post in.  Would be mildly entertaining to watch them go at it back and forth.  Pretty sure lakes also pretends that he doesn't know who Sioux Volley is though...

• Upvote 1

Just now, nodak651 said:

Someone should set up a new thread that only Sioux Volley and Lakes can post in.  Would be mildly entertaining to watch them go at it back and forth.  Pretty sure lakes also pretends that he doesn't know who Sioux Volley is though...

What if they re the same person?!!!

10 hours ago, nodak651 said:

Honestly wouldn't be that surprised.  

Sioux Volley is intelligent, can search the web at the speed of a slapshot hockey puck, can get under the skin of the Bizon FB trolls with his FBS/conference realignment visions, broadens the depth of this board.  Lakes claims to be EL Chapo.

47 minutes ago, darell1976 said:

Not possible. SV doesn’t threaten people, and steal credit cards. Also SV isn’t a !@#!$!. 

He just called somebody fat on the internet as a grown adult, so...

12 hours ago, BarnWinterSportsEngelstad said:

Sioux Volley is intelligent, can search the web at the speed of a slapshot hockey puck, can get under the skin of the Bizon FB trolls with his FBS/conference realignment visions, broadens the depth of this board.  Lakes claims to be EL Chapo.

El Chapo created a criminal empire worth billions of dollars and got broken out of prison on multiple occasions.

Seems to me he is pretty intelligent.

12 hours ago, SiouxVolley said:

Honestly, you’re  the same poster as bison73 if ‘73 lost a few hundred pounds.

Sorry SiouxVolley.  My comment was a cheap shot and uncalled for.  I value a lot of the news and links that you bring to this board.  

52 minutes ago, JohnboyND7 said:

El Chapo created a criminal empire worth billions of dollars and got broken out of prison on multiple occasions.

Seems to me he is pretty intelligent.

Intelligent isn’t a description of lakes.