Jump to content
SiouxSports.com Forum
Sign in to follow this  
BarnWinterSportsEngelstad

Hakstol out in Philly

Recommended Posts

18 hours ago, Jjjohnson said:

He was no better in the pros than he was here.  The result was the same too. 

I see this post as from some young whimper snapper who has some personal challenges. Not much merit in the arrow you shot. 

Hak, has come from another country and served this country well! UND especially.

Here he studied, played, coached and married locally. Apparently, that's a bigger nut than you could ever swallow. Then they moved on and lived the AMERICAN DREAM! May God bless them. 

  • Like 1
  • Upvote 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, BarnWinterSportsEngelstad said:

I see this post as from some young whimper snapper who has some personal challenges. Not much merit in the arrow you shot. 

Hak, has come from another country and served this country well! UND especially.

Here he studied, played, coached and married locally. Apparently, that's a bigger nut than you could ever swallow. Then they moved on and lived the AMERICAN DREAM! May God bless them. 

Hey, don't underestimate the size of the nut(s) Triple J can swallow. :)

  • Upvote 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hak is going to be just fine. I hope he pauses to relax a bit before he gets back into the game, and it doesn’t have to be the NHL ... at least not right away. 

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Facts...you want facts....How many national titles did Hak win?... That's my fact....also I enjoy, care about and attend other UND sports....support the coaches, team, players....What I dislike is 'self indulgent arrogance'....ie. Bizzon FB and Siouzzie hockey....

  • Downvote 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, John W. said:

Facts...you want facts....How many national titles did Hak win?... That's my fact....also I enjoy, care about and attend other UND sports....support the coaches, team, players....What I dislike is 'self indulgent arrogance'....ie. Bizzon FB and Siouzzie hockey....

You just had a good post yesterday in the     Early Signing Day GDT    thread, now you flipped again.  NO one is asking for your facts, or your self indulgent responses. Try visiting some other forums, you might come to appreciate this one more?

  • Upvote 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, Mamba said:

Hak is going to be just fine. I hope he pauses to relax a bit before he gets back into the game, and it doesn’t have to be the NHL ... at least not right away. 

He's going to be paid for the rest of this season and next season. That's about 3 million reasons to take some time off. 

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I could see him staying on in the NHL as an assistant or maybe Major Juniors and landing in Seattle in a few years.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, BarnWinterSportsEngelstad said:

I just can't see Hak coasting. But, I'm sure he would be more than welcomed back!

He called and wished his replacement good luck. I could see him coaching in the pros somewhere. I could also see him coaching in college, too. I’m kind of worried that he’ll end up beating UND in playoffs one day. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Goon said:

I’m kind of worried that he’ll end up beating UND in playoffs one day. 

Too bad we never got to see Blais vs Hakstol in the Frozen Four.

Got close in 2015.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'd hate to face a Hak coached team in the NCHC.  Dude can coach, but he needs some talent.  He didn't have that at Philly.  

Curious to see where he ends ip.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Hayduke said:

I'd hate to face a Hak coached team in the NCHC.  Dude can coach, but he needs some talent.  He didn't have that at Philly.  

Curious to see where he ends ip.

With the p.o.s. veterans on that team who felt they were "better" and "too good to be ran by a "college" guy".... there really was no chance.

Add that a hextall megalomaniac who tried to control everything, which further nuetered the coach's ability, and a distrustful and spying assistant coach staff and it was a disaster.

ON TOP OF THAT.... constant injuries and mediocre play by goalie after goalie after goalie.... 

AND HE STILL took the team to the playoffs a few times .... good lord philly should be thrilled to have a coach of Haks character and capability.... 

i guess they'll go back to winning cups like they did before Hak now.

 

  • Upvote 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, Frozen4sioux said:

i guess they'll go back to winning cups like they did before Hak now.

Ha! :lol:

They are light years from a Stanley Cup. They did Hakstol a favor firing him and getting him out of that dumpster fire.

  • Upvote 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, BarnWinterSportsEngelstad said:

We talked about it a few times, Hak was getting in the Froz4 pretty regularly. Blais probably only once since UND?

How did Blais do while at UND?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Dave was at the exhibition game on Saturday - still a great big smile and handshake when we ran into him in the hall.  My wife asked him if he was looking forward to coaching the Seattle expansion team next season, and he just laughed and told us to go ahead and make that happen, haha!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Just curious as to how Philadelphia is doing since they fired Hakstol?  I'm sure, since he was the problem there, they must be doing a ton of winning now that he's gone, right?

  • Upvote 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 12/17/2018 at 4:00 PM, The Sicatoka said:

Just taking some notes for future reference:

Philly today: 31 GP, 12-15-4, 28 pts, 93 GF, 116 GA

On 01/08/19: 42 GP, 15-21-6, 36 pts, 116 GF, 151 GA

 

Let's see here ... ought and ought is ought, carry the one, yadda-yadda, ... Philly is 3-6-2 since releasing Hakstol. 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
34 minutes ago, The Sicatoka said:

On 01/08/19: 42 GP, 15-21-6, 36 pts, 116 GF, 151 GA

 

Let's see here ... ought and ought is ought, carry the one, yadda-yadda, ... Philly is 3-6-2 since releasing Hakstol. 

 

And currently on a nice little 7 game losing streak...

  • Upvote 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

×
×
  • Create New...