SiouxSports.com Forum

Hakstol out in Philly

18 hours ago, Jjjohnson said:

He was no better in the pros than he was here.  The result was the same too. 

I see this post as from some young whimper snapper who has some personal challenges. Not much merit in the arrow you shot. 

Hak, has come from another country and served this country well! UND especially.

Here he studied, played, coached and married locally. Apparently, that's a bigger nut than you could ever swallow. Then they moved on and lived the AMERICAN DREAM! May God bless them. 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

2 hours ago, BarnWinterSportsEngelstad said:

I see this post as from some young whimper snapper who has some personal challenges. Not much merit in the arrow you shot. 

Hak, has come from another country and served this country well! UND especially.

Here he studied, played, coached and married locally. Apparently, that's a bigger nut than you could ever swallow. Then they moved on and lived the AMERICAN DREAM! May God bless them. 

Hey, don't underestimate the size of the nut(s) Triple J can swallow. :)

• Upvote 3

Facts...you want facts....How many national titles did Hak win?... That's my fact....also I enjoy, care about and attend other UND sports....support the coaches, team, players....What I dislike is 'self indulgent arrogance'....ie. Bizzon FB and Siouzzie hockey....

• Downvote 3

2 hours ago, John W. said:

Facts...you want facts....How many national titles did Hak win?... That's my fact....also I enjoy, care about and attend other UND sports....support the coaches, team, players....What I dislike is 'self indulgent arrogance'....ie. Bizzon FB and Siouzzie hockey....

You just had a good post yesterday in the     Early Signing Day GDT    thread, now you flipped again.  NO one is asking for your facts, or your self indulgent responses. Try visiting some other forums, you might come to appreciate this one more?

• Upvote 3

10 hours ago, Mamba said:

Hak is going to be just fine. I hope he pauses to relax a bit before he gets back into the game, and it doesn’t have to be the NHL ... at least not right away. 

He's going to be paid for the rest of this season and next season. That's about 3 million reasons to take some time off. 

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, BarnWinterSportsEngelstad said:

I just can't see Hak coasting. But, I'm sure he would be more than welcomed back!

He called and wished his replacement good luck. I could see him coaching in the pros somewhere. I could also see him coaching in college, too. I’m kind of worried that he’ll end up beating UND in playoffs one day. 

2 hours ago, Hayduke said:

I'd hate to face a Hak coached team in the NCHC.  Dude can coach, but he needs some talent.  He didn't have that at Philly.  

Curious to see where he ends ip.

With the p.o.s. veterans on that team who felt they were "better" and "too good to be ran by a "college" guy".... there really was no chance.

Add that a hextall megalomaniac who tried to control everything, which further nuetered the coach's ability, and a distrustful and spying assistant coach staff and it was a disaster.

ON TOP OF THAT.... constant injuries and mediocre play by goalie after goalie after goalie.... 

AND HE STILL took the team to the playoffs a few times .... good lord philly should be thrilled to have a coach of Haks character and capability.... 

i guess they'll go back to winning cups like they did before Hak now.

• Upvote 4

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 12/17/2018 at 4:00 PM, The Sicatoka said:

Just taking some notes for future reference:

Philly today: 31 GP, 12-15-4, 28 pts, 93 GF, 116 GA

On 01/08/19: 42 GP, 15-21-6, 36 pts, 116 GF, 151 GA

Let's see here ... ought and ought is ought, carry the one, yadda-yadda, ... Philly is 3-6-2 since releasing Hakstol. 

34 minutes ago, The Sicatoka said:

On 01/08/19: 42 GP, 15-21-6, 36 pts, 116 GF, 151 GA

Let's see here ... ought and ought is ought, carry the one, yadda-yadda, ... Philly is 3-6-2 since releasing Hakstol. 

And currently on a nice little 7 game losing streak...

• Upvote 2