SiouxSports.com Forum

Early Departures 2018

cberkas

1 hour ago, franchise said:

Yep.  He's always been a bitch.  I believe he's the reason Gage ended up serving 10 vs MN last yr and then later in the game flopping when Rhett looked at him

I thought it was funny watching him against the Russians,  tried to run his mouth, and they just looked at him...couldn't understand a word he was saying.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, UNDBIZ said:

Not really unexpected regarding Wolanin.

I think we'll be alright defensively without him. It'll be hard to replace his offense and his ability to create on his own. I wish him nothing but the best. If he can improve his defensive play he could be a good player in the NHL.

"I think we're going to be pretty good next year," Poolman said. "We're returning a lot of D-men who have played a lot of minutes. Our forwards are another year older, especially our skilled freshmen. I like where our team is going to be next year. We'll have a lot of depth all over the ice. Peter (Thome) has already played games and we have all the confidence in the world in him, too.

"Hopefully, we'll be back to where we need to be next year."

No, Pooly, if you want to be a captain, there's no 'hopefully' in that last line. 

16 hours ago, petey23 said:

True.....but with the outgoing coach being the biggest vocal opponent of the Gentlemen's Agreement regarding verbal agreements I would hope that our coaches are reaching out to any unsigned kids we were previously interested in. Can contact between now and April 4 and again after April 12.

Not a bad idea...in the flip side this may get more recruits. I know tons of good fans that are rejoicing that Lucia is gone.

10 minutes ago, siouxfan512 said:

I'm sure Gersich is very likely to go as well, BUT if he stays that will be huge in terms of leadership, and scoring. Maybe we get lucky and he sticks it out one more year. 

I wouldn’t be surprised if he signs. Better to get the money now while it’s there. If he comes back for his senior year he’s going to have to step up massively. 

22 minutes ago, UNDColorado said:

Yeah kind of tough to pass up a large signing bonus. 

In the grand scheme of things, it isn't really that large.  Need to look long-term.  At this point, barring injury,  a player should improve in each year.  Unless you are a high draft pick, I would think a player would be better potentially being a free agent where he can pick the team that gives him the best opportunity and also potentially create multiple teams that would like his services, thus creating somewhat of a bidding war.  Most people however are too enticed by the cash that they are offered today.

7 minutes ago, fsioux said:

In the grand scheme of things, it isn't really that large.  Need to look long-term.  At this point, barring injury,  a player should improve in each year.  Unless you are a high draft pick, I would think a player would be better potentially being a free agent where he can pick the team that gives him the best opportunity and also potentially create multiple teams that would like his services, thus creating somewhat of a bidding war.  Most people however are too enticed by the cash that they are offered today.

i don't disagree with you at all but when an $800k lump sum is starring at you in the face what would you do? I don't blame him and i do wish he stayed to develop as well. Now, I fully believe Gersich should stay another year. He could parlay a big senior year for a better contract.

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, UNDColorado said:

i don't disagree with you at all but when an $800k lump sum is starring at you in the face what would you do? I don't blame him and i do wish he stayed to develop as well. Now, I fully believe Gersich should stay another year. He could parlay a big senior year for a better contract.

Name one player from the past who left early and does not regret it.