SiouxSports.com Forum

NORTH DAKOTA vs SCSU - FRIDAY Gameday

AZSIOUX

Even with a W last night we still are 15th due to other results. But we would've bern much closer to 14 then we are now. Probabillity matrix has us at 30% in. From using CHN pairwise customizer for games that may have a effect with B1G and NCHC having same results tonight as last night, with the exception of UMD and UND winning tonight we remain 15 but just behind UNO. Getting home ice will be huge. Alot of shooting own toes has happened this year tho.

46 minutes ago, stoneySIOUX said:

For me, I'm not offended whatsoever. It's not me getting barbbed at. I'm just trying to figure out what's so therapeutic about it. Venting is fine, but then it takes other forms and it attacks players and the team personally (ie: social media use and personality traits), that stuff is just sad.

I'm not a participant on social media for a reason but would like to see some screen-shots of these actual personal attacks...saying "player X needs to sit a game" on SiouxSports is hardly grounds for being called out as bashing the team.  

• Upvote 2

8 minutes ago, MafiaMan said:

I'm not a participant on social media for a reason but would like to see some screen-shots of these actual personal attacks...saying "player X needs to sit a game" on SiouxSports is hardly grounds for being called out as bashing the team.  

They are all over the threads in the past few weeks. Most are implied. Most of it came from that IG post that quoted Oxbow6 and were noting that players should concentrate less on social media as if that would improve their performance. 

11 hours ago, fightingsioux4life said:

How about Bast? He should have to pay rent to sit in the penalty box.

maybe...but they were penalties during the action...plus it sounds like the last penalty was a classic nchc special...guy lifts/grabs basts stick and whacks himself in the face (whips his head back) and gets a penalty called on bast?

Just now, SIOUXFAN97 said:

maybe...but they were penalties during the action...plus it sounds like the last penalty was a classic nchc special...guy lifts/grabs basts stick and whacks himself in the face (whips his head back) and gets a penalty called on bast?

It's a penalty by the book, but I don't like the call. Bast needs to be responsible for his stick, but that's not a penalty even 3 or 4 years ago.

1 minute ago, SIOUXFAN97 said:

Even if it were against SCSU, I'd be fine if it wasn't called in OT. Put away the whistles if it's not a scoring chance. The Bast interference was worse. Dude jumped up, grabbed his head and brought him to the ice. Then Pogo gets interferred with, and no call

10 minutes ago, MafiaMan said:

And btw, I don't think saying "player x needs to sit" is bad. That's normal. But, ripping on social media use and implying stopping that use would improve their performance seems stupid. That's what I was referring to.

13 minutes ago, stoneySIOUX said:

They are all over the threads in the past few weeks. Most are implied. Most of it came from that IG post that quoted Oxbow6 and were noting that players should concentrate less on social media as if they would improve their performance. 

1 post that referenced Oxbow6 does not equate to a "quoted" piece of bashing.  

I find nothing wrong with calling out the team for whining on Instagram two hours before a big game.

You know, that Herb Brooks fella was too tough on those USA kids in 1979.  Imagine how well they could have done at the Olympics with some cuddle puppies and Essential Oils.  Alas, I guess we'll never know...

• Upvote 1

9 minutes ago, stoneySIOUX said:

And btw, I don't think saying "player x needs to sit" is bad. That's normal. But, ripping on social media use and implying stopping that use would improve their performance seems stupid. That's what I was referring to.

Berry:  "Hey, Player Y, what happened on the GWG?  Where SHOULD you have been position-wise?"

Player Y:  "Hold up, Coach.  I'm just posting on Instagram about a comment someone wrote about me on SiouxSports!"

10 minutes ago, MafiaMan said:

1 post that referenced Oxbow6 does not equate to a "quoted" piece of bashing.  

I find nothing wrong with calling out the team for whining on Instagram two hours before a big game.

You know, that Herb Brooks fella was too tough on those USA kids in 1979.  Imagine how well they could have done at the Olympics with some cuddle puppies and Essential Oils.  Alas, I guess we'll never know...

It started with that and ballooned to implications of players needing to get off social media as a commentary of their effort and focus. It's all there. 

I'm not asking for the team to be babied and those that know me know I don't believe in anything of that sort. I just think attacking this generation of players that uses social media off the ice and implying this is an indicator of how hard they work or their desire to win doesn't make sense.

2 minutes ago, MafiaMan said:

Berry:  "Hey, Player Y, what happened on the GWG?  Where SHOULD you have been position-wise?"

Player Y:  "Hold up, Coach.  I'm just posting on Instagram about a comment someone wrote about me on SiouxSports!"

Lol I know you're kidding, but this is the kind of stuff that's been implied, MM!

18 minutes ago, SIOUXFAN97 said:

Although the scsu player certainly aided and sold it, I have no idea what Bast was thinking there. He jabbed/hooked at the guy up high 3-4 times before the guy finally grabbed his stick and hit himself in the face with it. 

19 minutes ago, stoneySIOUX said:

Lol I know you're kidding, but this is the kind of stuff that's been implied, MM!

My old high school janitor would yell far worse things at me after I effed up during a high school basketball game than 99% of the stuff I have ever read here. 

1 hour ago, The Exiled One said:

As far as I know, none of those guys had offers in hand from UND, UMN, or even UMD. SCSU just got to them first.

The last two guys I can think of that had offers from both SCSU and UND were Randklev and Poganski.

Und had one on Borgan late in the game ( after he had gave a verbal to scsu). I guess he almost flipped but stuck to his word 

17 minutes ago, MafiaMan said:

My old high school janitor would yell far worse things at me after I effed up during a high school basketball game than 99% of the stuff I have ever read here. 

Should have seen what he just posted about you on instagram...

#ferdamafia 

1 minute ago, Wilbur said:

Should have seen what he just posted about you on instagram...

#ferdamafia 

It pales with what Shawn Flaherty from New England Public would yell at me at Badlands Basketball Camp in about 1985...he could make a sailor's parrot blush.

29 minutes ago, MafiaMan said:

Lol and this makes my point even more evident. That's lunacy. 

4 hours ago, Oxbow6 said:

BTW I had no issue with Olson's reaction to Borgen Bush League hit. 

........just rewatched the subsequent SCSU goal. Wow. 

I'm with you I was happy to see Olson react the way he did. I've thought that is something that has been missing this year at times. Even thinking back to a couple times where Cam and Thome had to take action into their own hands throwing punches at opposing players hacking at them after the whistle when in the past one of our defensemen would've had the guy buried in the ice already. I'm definitely not gonna be mad about guys sticking up for each other especially when I've thought it has been lacking at times this year.

11 minutes ago, SiouxScore said:

I'm with you I was happy to see Olson react the way he did. I've thought that is something that has been missing this year at times. Even thinking back to a couple times where Cam and Thome had to take action into their own hands throwing punches at opposing players hacking at them after the whistle when in the past one of our defensemen would've had the guy buried in the ice already. I'm definitely not gonna be mad about guys sticking up for each other especially when I've thought it has been lacking at times this year.

My first thought after it happened also. Honestly thought it would start the "new season"! 

Dam ???

1 hour ago, sprig said:

Virg' article states the shot deflected wide off the sc guy's stick.  Was right below me and i didn't think it did?

It didn't. Even the radio crew said he basically just whiffed.