SiouxSports.com Forum

NORTH DAKOTA vs SCSU - FRIDAY Gameday

AZSIOUX

5 hours ago, Frozen4sioux said:

Effort was there last night... Clown just simply has more skilled players.

thats not mean its just the truth.

I think we will have a lomg time to beeeatch about WHY Clown... Jan brady state... snowflake city college... has substantially more talent than UND has been able to amass.

And only three seniors, none of whom are significant contributors. :)

Seriously though, I expect mass early departures. At least four.

My biggest frustration is that they've shown that they CAN play with anyone. I don't think it's a fluke. They aren't loaded with talent but should be in every game. Not sure if its all of the coaches or the lack of a mario/pattyn/jewels type leader, but they just seem to lack focus and many times, effort

• Upvote 4

1 minute ago, MafiaMan said:

If I had a nickel for every time I have heard that one this season...

Maybe we can use a provisional spot in the tourney, based on potential and past success? 

Ah, forget it. If we need 2 wins to get out of Sioux Falls, we'll be there until May:(

8 hours ago, Oxbow6 said:

After browsing thru the last couple pages...........................   :lol: :lol: :lol:  "Paging bigsky and stoney........we need a clean up in aisle 6"!

......and if anyone is looking to unload West Regional tickets I got your huckleberry.

*Terms and conditions apply*

Funny....but the thing I called YOU out on was...saying your trash to Cam on his Instagram, you went directly at him! That shows the type of little "man"(?) you are! 

I even said in my post that negative words on SS.com is something an athlete has to handle. Best way to handle it is not read it. But you went after him, let's try and keep that straight coward!

2 hours ago, scpa0305 said:

Motzco is a heck of a recruiter.  The city is below avg and the facilities are not even close the great, but over time he’s found a way to lure in not only the skilled players but now some high enders as well. Deserves props.  Coaching the U20 teams has to increase in recruiting a ton. 

The vast majority of SCSU’s players were recruited before Motzko was named WJC coach for the first time, but it can only help going forward.

Honestly, the Huskies very rarely win recruiting battles for all the reasons you mentioned. Also, Gibbons should get most of the credit for recruiting. He has a knack for finding the rough diamonds. Motzko just gets the most out of them.

7 hours ago, TheFlop said:

Lol.....bigskyvikes is gonna take a bigger bath on buying regional tickets this year than he did the year he forgot to sell his pumpkin harvest BEFORE Halloween. 

All the heros come out in March. Where were you when I made the offer 7weeks ago?

6 hours ago, willythekid said:

I think a lot of people on SS take this stuff too seriously...  It should be a place to discuss, celebrate and vent about UND hockey.  Some on here really get offended when someone disagrees with them.   

For me, I'm not offended whatsoever. It's not me getting barbbed at. I'm just trying to figure out what's so therapeutic about it. Venting is fine, but then it takes other forms and it attacks players and the team personally (ie: social media use and personality traits), that stuff is just sad.

• Upvote 1

8 minutes ago, The Exiled One said:

The vast majority of SCSU’s players were recruited before Motzko was named WJC coach for the first time, but it can only help going forward.

Honestly, the Huskies very rarely win recruiting battles for all the reasons you mentioned. Also, Gibbons should get most of the credit for recruiting. He has a knack for finding the rough diamonds. Motzko just gets the most out of them.

SCSU has never been better than under Motzko.  If your team punches thru and wins a Frozen Four, heads in Dinkytown and Grand Forks both will explode.

12 minutes ago, bigskyvikes said:

Funny....but the thing I called YOU out on was...saying your trash to Cam on his Instagram, you went directly at him! That shows the type of little "man"(?) you are! 

I even said in my post that negative words on SS.com is something an athlete has to handle. Best way to handle it is not read it. But you went after him, let's try and keep that straight coward!

It is funny.......I'm not on Instagram and never have been.

..........looking thru this thread and others I'm obviously the only one who "went directly at him". :huh:

BTW your obsession with me is really kind of creepy.

• Upvote 2

22 minutes ago, The Exiled One said:

They’ve been winning more recently though.  Borgan, poehling, Ahcan, Jackson, lizotte, etc 

respectfully motzcos name is the big recruiting pull.  He was the head recruiter for the gophs for a number of years (natty years). He pulled vanek there, I know that.

7 hours ago, stoneySIOUX said:

What needs to be cleaned up? Boys played their sacks off tonight, but it wasn't enough. 

If trashing the team and/or individual players makes you, or anyone here for that matter, feel better in any way, shape or form, so be it. I'm good without it as it accomplishes absolutely nothing and makes people look like idiots.

No other choice but to go out tomorrow and play with the same effort. Gotta finish, though. Been the story all year. Can we do it? We'll see.

And btw, what is Bubbs supposed to say in a post game interview? Maybe he should insult the players. That could make him feel better.

Last night was just a microcosm of their season.  Play well enough to win, get to overtime and either lose it tie.

• Upvote 1

Just now, siouxweet said:

Last night was just a microcosm of their season.  Play well enough to win, get to overtime and either lose it tie.

*sigh* agreed. Shane missing an open net with 2 seconds to go, absolutely kills me. He's a guy I want in that spot, too. 

• Upvote 2

2 minutes ago, stoneySIOUX said:

*sigh* agreed. Shane missing an open net with 2 seconds to go, absolutely kills me. He's a guy I want in that spot, too. 

It’s been that type of season. Not only do they lack skill and effort (most nights), they also are not very opportunistic. 

• Upvote 1

41 minutes ago, franchise said:

My biggest frustration is that they've shown that they CAN play with anyone. I don't think it's a fluke. They aren't loaded with talent but should be in every game. Not sure if its all of the coaches or the lack of a mario/pattyn/jewels type leader, but they just seem to lack focus and many times, effort

It's definitely not a fluke. It's happened too many times to be fluke. And yes, that's definitely the most frustrating part. I guarentee the team feels the same way. I wish I knew why we can't consistently do it, because I'd Instagram them and tell them the solution lol ;)

6 minutes ago, stoneySIOUX said:

It's definitely not a fluke. It's happened too many times to be fluke. And yes, that's definitely the most frustrating part. I guarentee the team feels the same way. I wish I knew why we can't consistently do it, because I'd Instagram them and tell them the solution lol ;)

I'm gonna have to swipe left on this season 

• Upvote 2

28 minutes ago, Oxbow6 said:

It is funny.......I'm not on Instagram and never have been.

..........looking thru this thread and others I'm obviously the only one who "went directly at him". :huh:

BTW your obsession with me is really kind of creepy.

Pot meet kettle...

I obsess you....I stay away from here and you post things directed at me! Do you want me to show the post's you make toward me to prove it?:lol:

19 minutes ago, scpa0305 said:

They’ve been winning more recently though.  Borgan, poehling, Ahcan, Jackson, lizotte, etc 

As far as I know, none of those guys had offers in hand from UND, UMN, or even UMD. SCSU just got to them first.

The last two guys I can think of that had offers from both SCSU and UND were Randklev and Poganski.

6 minutes ago, bigskyvikes said:

Pot meet kettle...

I obsess you....I stay away from here and you post things directed at me! Do you want me to show the post's you make toward me to prove it?:lol:

I'm sure you have them all written down already..................

5 minutes ago, The Exiled One said:

As far as I know, none of those guys had offers in hand from UND, UMN, or even UMD. SCSU just got to them first.

The last two guys I can think of that had offers from both SCSU and UND were Randklev and Poganski.

Haven't kept up on their recruiting closely, but it seemed like they had been willing to offer guys earlier than others, and avoid the bidding war later.

At least in yrs past, before teams were offering 13 yr olds