SiouxSports.com Forum

NORTH DAKOTA vs SCSU - FRIDAY Gameday

AZSIOUX

I too think we have been awfully hard on the players...  Maybe they need less trash-talk and more things that motivate them to try harder to enjoy themselves.  I vote that we start doing a traditional circle of sticks after every home series no matter how bad they play.  This will help show the players that it doesn't matter who wins, the only thing that matters is that they have fun.

• Downvote 3

10 minutes ago, willythekid said:

I too think we have been awfully hard on the players...  Maybe they need less trash-talk and more things that motivate them to try harder to enjoy themselves.  I vote that we start doing a traditional circle of sticks after every home series no matter how bad they play.  This will help show the players that it doesn't matter who wins, the only thing that matters is that they have fun.

This isn't mites hockey. These are young men playing for more than just themselves and they know that. Maybe they should stay off the threads.

8 minutes ago, stoneySIOUX said:

Do you honestly believe the team takes moral victories and doesn't want to win? Watch that game tonight, again. Played their asses off, but it wasn't enough. Questioning their want to win and desire is so dumb and tonight's game is all the evidence needed.

Again, if you or anyone else wants to trash the players, go for it. I hope it makes you all feel better about this year. 

I've seen a few people suggest that UND fire Berry after the season. They're not winning the internet today. 

3 minutes ago, stoneySIOUX said:

Do you honestly believe the team takes moral victories and doesn't want to win? Watch that game tonight, again. Played their asses off, but it wasn't enough. Questioning their want to win and desire is so dumb and tonight's game is all the evidence needed.

Again, if you or anyone else wants to trash the players, go for it. I hope it makes you all feel better about this year. 

Did you not read my post?  I for one, am all for a non-trash-talking type of insulated environment where our players can feel safe and talk about their feelings.  I'm glad tonight's game is all the evidence we need to prove this team's desire and heart.  It's good to know that none of the previous games prior have any bearing on the situation this team is in.  As far as trash talking on SiouxSports goes, I say ban anyone and everyone who does not have nice things to say.  We can finally stop calling this a discussion board and use it as a motivational comment board and safe-space for UND hockey players.

10 minutes ago, willythekid said:

Did you not read my post?  I for one, am all for a non-trash-talking type of insulated environment where our players can feel safe and talk about their feelings.  I'm glad tonight's game is all the evidence we need to prove this team's desire and heart.  It's good to know that none of the previous games prior have any bearing on the situation this team is in.  As far as trash talking on SiouxSports goes, I say ban anyone and everyone who does not have nice things to say.  We can finally stop calling this a discussion board and use it as a motivational comment board and safe-space for UND hockey players.

Again, I hope this kind of nonsense makes you feel better about the season. Does it? I'm asking this legitimately. I just want to know the motivation. 

Just now, stoneySIOUX said:

Again, I hope this kind of nonsense makes you feel better about the season.

As long as I'm not offending any snowflakes around here is my main concern...

Tonight's team effort was great...  But it is only great because of what we have to compare it to previously.  There were several times tonight where Cloud very apparently had more jump to their step than their UND counterparts.  Dumping a puck in when you have a 3 on 2 rush isn't going to cut it against the supposed number 1 team in the nation.   Neither is several severe defense lapses, untimely and extremely bone-headed penalties along with very average goaltending.  Despite all of these issues, UND almost had the grit to pull off what would have been a very important win.  Too bad this team couldn't have put in this effort a few more times in the 2nd half of this season.  I wonder what team we will see Saturday night.

3 minutes ago, siouxforce19 said:

All I’ve seen here all season is a lot of whining, and people trying to take other people off the ledge. 

Season has sucked, but life goes on. 

I think a lot of people on SS take this stuff too seriously...  It should be a place to discuss, celebrate and vent about UND hockey.  Some on here really get offended when someone disagrees with them.   

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, willythekid said:

All jokes aside, the players shouldn't be focusing their time on what the fans are saying.

• Upvote 2

Effort was there last night... Clown just simply has more skilled players.

thats not mean its just the truth.

I think we will have a lomg time to beeeatch about WHY Clown... Jan brady state... snowflake city college... has substantially more talent than UND has been able to amass.

My biggest concerm is if the limited talent can put out these efforts against the Clowns and the Denvers.......  whatbis thw excuse forbthe efforts against the lower quality teams...

that is the legit concern I have for the program.

People on this site, take  speculation of UND hockey,  players, coaches, way too seriously....There will be a 'Dawn' to this day....and the next...

' Life ' indeed will go on....all should get one....Take heart....Lucia may be available  to guide the ship next year...........

5 hours ago, stoneySIOUX said:

What needs to be cleaned up? Boys played their sacks off tonight, but it wasn't enough. 

If trashing the team and/or individual players makes you, or anyone here for that matter, feel better in any way, shape or form, so be it. I'm good without it as it accomplishes absolutely nothing and makes people look like idiots.

No other choice but to go out tomorrow and play with the same effort. Gotta finish, though. Been the story all year. Can we do it? We'll see.

And btw, what is Bubbs supposed to say in a post game interview? Maybe he should insult the players. That could make him feel better.

Agreed. Criticism is warranted at this point as this team should be much better (for a plethora of reasons) however several on this board go way too far. I’d be curious to know if these folks actually played the game at any respectable level.

• Upvote 2

2 hours ago, Frozen4sioux said:

Effort was there last night... Clown just simply has more skilled players.

thats not mean its just the truth.

I think we will have a lomg time to beeeatch about WHY Clown... Jan brady state... snowflake city college... has substantially more talent than UND has been able to amass.

My biggest concerm is if the limited talent can put out these efforts against the Clowns and the Denvers.......  whatbis thw excuse forbthe efforts against the lower quality teams...

that is the legit concern I have for the program.

Motzco is a heck of a recruiter.  The city is below avg and the facilities are not even close the great, but over time he’s found a way to lure in not only the skilled players but now some high enders as well. Deserves props.  Coaching the U20 teams has to increase in recruiting a ton. 

• Upvote 1

That was the most enjoyable game to watch from a UND fan standpoint in weeks. Great effort. UND played very well. The better team last night didn't win. I'm optimistic about tonight if the same effort is there.

.............if UND could have just capitalized on a Grade A chance or 2 in the first period.

Did find it very interesting while listening to TH and Ollie on the post game that they actually made reference, a couple times, to certain players and their inability to make a plays, once again, when needed.

#nosafespaceevenonradio

• Upvote 1

30 minutes ago, Oxbow6 said:

That was the most enjoyable game to watch from a UND fan standpoint in weeks. Great effort. The better team last night didn't win. I'm optimistic about tonight if the same effort is there.

Back to back solid efforts? That would be a first.

What  irritated me Is the fact from what I saw the team looked good. But after they went down a man in OT.  It just seem like they were, like I know they have to be cautious because it’s double OT, But it’s like they slow down a bit and for a second just really didn’t care.And it’s almost like you knew that the clowns we going to score

6 hours ago, stoneySIOUX said:

What needs to be cleaned up? Boys played their sacks off tonight, but it wasn't enough. 

No other choice but to go out tomorrow and play with the same effort. Gotta finish, though. Been the story all year. Can we do it? We'll see.

And btw, what is Bubbs supposed to say in a post game interview? Maybe he should insult the players. That could make him feel better.

I can only imagine the length and vitriol of the "FIRE HAK NOW!" thread if this were him on the bench right now...after losing in the semi-finals of the 2016 and 2017 Frozen Four.  

6 hours ago, Goon said:

I've seen a few people suggest that UND fire Berry after the season. They're not winning the internet today. 

That is probably true - however, our season was a dumpster fire and Berry has shown no indication in all of his Coachspeak or game planning (see power play) or recruiting classes that he sees the problems and can right the ship.  Things need a serious change or it will be a tough time for Sioux hockey.   And also - get some studs in here - no excuse for why we have none (or if not Blue Chippers at least some front liners who can score a bit) - When St. Cloud has much better talent than us, something ain't right.