SiouxSports.com Forum

NORTH DAKOTA @ uno - SATURDAY Gameday

AZSIOUX

Couple things I brought up to a couple buddies that I'd like to ask you guys and gals... Anyone else wanna guess who plays in net next week? Cam was brilliant tonight and earned a Friday start in Ohio, to me.

Also, did Bubbs ease Jones in tonight? I noticed him on the PK, but I don't think he played any PP minutes. Felt like he was skating well.

29 minutes ago, stoneySIOUX said:

Couple things I brought up to a couple buddies that I'd like to ask you guys and gals... Anyone else wanna guess who plays in net next week? Cam was brilliant tonight and earned a Friday start in Ohio, to me.

Also, did Bubbs ease Jones in tonight? I noticed him on the PK, but I don't think he played any PP minutes. Felt like he was skating well.

Radio said Jones just returned to practice on Tuesday, so easing him in was probably needed after being out so long without even practicing. Needed him more on PK than anything since it was so bad on Friday. 

8 minutes ago, siouxforce19 said:

Radio said Jones just returned to practice on Tuesday, so easing him in was probably needed after being out so long without even practicing. Needed him more on PK than anything since it was so bad on Friday. 

And he looked good on the PK, too. We need him big time in all facets.

Cam did not "Steal" this game for UND, but for a change, he looked like a big factor out there.  Also, having Jones back really seemed to matter. 

With a few pieces of the puzzle in place, this team looks much better.  I still think their backs are against the wall, but this win helps the cause, obviously.  In the end, I'm just bonkers about the program.  I'm not a hater of the players or coaches, just ultra competitive, and protective of my UND hockey!

• Upvote 1

About the announcers on the UNO NCHC broadcast:   They were heaping praise on UND all night and did not bitch very much when penalties were called on the Mavs.  I wasn't crazy about their style, but they were certainly about as objective as you could ask for.   

Having not seen all of Friday night, I found myself wondering whether the boys played that much better Saturday,  Goals Last night certainly could have been very different with some bounces one way or another.    It seems like it is always easier to be happy with the performance when we win.  

8 hours ago, stoneySIOUX said:

Lol bunch of old fogies on here getting a little butthurt that the boys called people out on social media. Good stuff. Glad it turned into a joke with less criticism. Let's keep it that way, shall we?

Good win tonight, boys. We now know you are all watching! ;)

They've been reading this board for years.  At least going back to when I was at UND....cough....13 years...cough.

5 minutes ago, Wilbur said:

They've been reading this board for years.  At least going back to when I was at UND....cough....13 years...cough.

I used to chat up the players in the 2000-2013 era when the tournament was in St Paul...every player I mentioned the board to would say that they NEVER went on SiouxSports and implied that Hakstol didn't want them on here.  Either they were fibbing or Berry has loosened up the internet restrictions.

#ferdaOxbow6

• Upvote 2

10 hours ago, SiouxScore said:

Cam Johnson was absolutely outstanding tonight. Kind of a ugly game at times the puck seemed to be bouncing all over the place. Thought the guys did a much better job in the neutral zone both offensively and defensively. Forced Omaha to dump it in a lot more and they aren't a team that really thrives playing that way. Had to have this one tonight and got it. Have to have both at Miami next weekend too no excuses.

Agreed cam was great. They played really tight and I actually thought they looked much better offensively on Friday (other than those pps...and the third of course).

6 minutes ago, MafiaMan said:

I used to chat up the players in the 2000-2013 era when the tournament was in St Paul...every player I mentioned the board to would say that they NEVER went on SiouxSports and implied that Hakstol didn't want them on here.  Either they were fibbing or Berry has loosened up the internet restrictions.

#ferdaOxbow6

I saw a few players with their personal computers on the site during classes a few times.  Of course they were doing that and not listening to Dr. Munski.....greatest professor ever. :lol:

Cam is 5-0 at Baxter Arena after last night. Pretty impressive.

I did tweeted him before the game last night to remind him of his record in the Baxter Arena...................

"4-0 at da Baxt. We got dis brudda #ferdaOxbow6 #bowandarrow"

Every time I get really frustrated with this team they play a great game.  Maybe when I see how they can play it causes frustration when they don't.  We still have some serious work to do - I hope they get at it this week and take care of business.  Cam did a nice job not only in this game but in handling the goalie situation in general.  That's leadership.  

• Upvote 2

26 minutes ago, sprig said:

Don't remember any of those wins coming during the Rube era,  but i was there for many losses.

I remember the Rube era very well - maybe seeing that makes me really on edge when I feel us slipping now.  We have established a reputation for excellence and for turning out NHL ready players.  Let's keep it up.

8 minutes ago, Oxbow6 said:

Cam is 5-0 at Baxter Arena after last night. Pretty impressive.

I did tweeted him before the game last night to remind him of his record in the Baxter Arena...................

"4-0 at da Baxt. We got dis brudda #ferdaOxbow6 #bowandarrow"

Cam just sent me a Yahoo IM and told me to tell you "thanks" from the team.

1 hour ago, Irish said:

Every time I get really frustrated with this team they play a great game.  Maybe when I see how they can play it causes frustration when they don't.  We still have some serious work to do - I hope they get at it this week and take care of business.  Cam did a nice job not only in this game but in handling the goalie situation in general.  That's leadership.  

Completely agree on Cam.  Hope he takes the net from here on out and plays like a senior All American.  Put the soft goals behind him and lead the team to the NCAA's.