SiouxSports.com Forum

NORTH DAKOTA @ uno - SATURDAY Gameday

AZSIOUX

Sad to say, but I think the team has one more win and one more tie left in them this regular season.
The way I see it going down is: Loss tonight, split w/ Miami, then a loss & tie (play up to the level we expect) vs SCSU.

On the road for the 1st round and lose in 3 games to miss the NCHC tourney for the first time and miss the NCAA's.

I'd love for them to prove me wrong, but this team hasn't shown much during the 2nd half so I'm not expecting to be surprised.  :(

I see 3-1-1 the rest of the way, with the two weekends after that determining which side of the bubble they land on.  I think Cam plays well, Mismash and Kawaguchi continue to increase their impact on the game, and reinforcements help the team turn the corner. 

8 minutes ago, jk said:

I see 3-1-1 the rest of the way, with the two weekends after that determining which side of the bubble they land on.  I think Cam plays well, Mismash and Kawaguchi continue to increase their impact on the game, and reinforcements help the team turn the corner. 

IT'S A BIRD...IT'S A PLANE...NO, WAIT!  IT'S...IT'S...CAPTAIN OPTIMISM!

• Upvote 3

I was at the game last night sitting right behind Thome for the second period slaughter. I guess you guys watching on tv thought he wasn’t given much of a chance but I thought he looked tentative.  Was definitely not what we need out of goaltender on the PK. And I don’t know how the team is supposed to stay out of the box the way they call things in this league anymore. We dominated the first period on the ice and on the scoreboard, got our dinners down during the second, and were out of gas in the third.  UNO did a very good job defending the lead by locking us down at the blue line and retrieving dump ins.  I hate playing like that early in the game with a lead but maybe if we could that would be the way to go with this team.