SiouxSports.com Forum

Gameday: Hawks vs Da Eags

geaux_sioux

6 minutes ago, Midwestern Hawk said:

Bubba has huge problems to solve with leadership, focus and team culture.  Does anyone have any idea why the three guys were suspended today?  There have been guys suspended or just missing almost every game this season. 

Why were they suspended?  

3 minutes ago, Midwestern Hawk said:

Bubba has huge problems to solve with leadership, focus and team culture.  Does anyone have any idea why the three guys were suspended today?

I know, but I am not going to post 50 times hinting around it.

Leadership? Go ahead and explain.

Focus?

Culture? (Drug busts I assume)

We are waiting.

• Upvote 2

8 minutes ago, Longtime fan said:

So the concensus is that bubba should be gone?  Or just  some assistants?    Or positional coaches?  Or all of them?  Or give it one more year?  

A few assistants should be gone. Things should change. Belts tightened. Complacency eliminated. He has next year to convince me the last three were a trend and this one was an anomaly and not the other way around. The problem is this season should have never gotten out of hand the way it did. That starts with Bubba. He needs to set the tone day one this off season.

• Upvote 2

3 minutes ago, geaux_sioux said:

A few assistants should be gone. Things should change. Belts tightened. Complacency eliminated. He has next year to convince me the last three were a trend and this one was an anomaly and not the other way around. The problem is this season should have never gotten out of hand the way it did. That starts with Bubba. He needs to set the tone day one this off season.

Doing random drug screens, if they were done, is a BIG problem and Bubba needs support ABOVE him to handle it. Once that behavior is allowed, or not corrected with a firm fist, other problems will follow (have they already?).  Complacency needs to be eliminated and everyone needs to be firm and on the same page.  I agree with geaux_sioux but that is a steep hill to climb and with no AD, or a new one, it will be hard.  Good luck to Bubba. He needs our support....

Well I know the year didn't turn out the way we thought. The team didn't get the win today but we saw some players have some fire. I can handle this type of loss. 

To the seniors, thanks for your efforts, I enjoyed every moment and here's to your bright future. Tonight I toast you with Sam Adam's Winter Lager and Windsor Canadian, the only miniatures the liquor store had. 

• Upvote 2

38 minutes ago, Old School Guy said:

People are waiting for it to leak from the inside (media or coaches) before openly commenting. Those that know are just exercising discretion which is a good thing.

Paging Tom Miller.............

4 hours ago, Sioux95 said:

On the series early in the 4th quarter where we fumbled at the goal line, does anyone have any idea on why we were running the play clock down to zero for a few plays?  Does Rudy get a bonus for winning the time of possession battle?

We had a fair chance to win this game. We should of had a better clock management plan in a effort to get the W and especially towards the finish line, granted we still had to make the plays, in which we didn't.  Kinda like some comments on this board during the season, about how we played to keep it respectable and not really going for the W. At the same time, I'm still acknowledging that we got blown out a few games.

In short, clock wasn't a concern for us, even used all 3 timeouts during the second half, like not an asset that we needed for later.

14 hours ago, gundy1124 said:

I know, but I am not going to post 50 times hinting around it.

Leadership? Go ahead and explain.

Focus?

Culture? (Drug busts I assume)

We are waiting.

Leadership(players): as I stated in an earlier post is either missing, weak or leading in a way that none of us would think is good for UND football.  Does anyone really think the captains on the team had no idea what was up with Poole, Taylor and Randolph?  (Are there others?)

Focus: we know for sure that 3 guys were not focused on school and football.  How many guys on this years teams missed games because of a suspension, being sick, or for reasons that have never been defined?  I follow two college football teams pretty hard and have for 25 years and I have never seen the number of missed games come even close to approaching what this season has been for UND.

Culture:  in every organization there is a culture.  Disciplined, hardworking, focused on the goal and doing the activities to consistently move the organization towards the goal.  If the team was scored between 0-10 with 0 being completely out of control and not doing the right things and 10 being obsessed with football and school,  how would you score the team?  I would say a 3-4 and that is really too bad, because there are lots of guys that 8- 10, but IMO way too many guys that are a 1-2.

11 minutes ago, Midwestern Hawk said:

Leadership(players): as I stated in an earlier post is either missing, weak or leading in a way that none of us would think is good for UND football.  Does anyone really think the captains on the team had no idea what was up with Poole, Taylor and Randolph?  (Are there others?)

Focus: we know for sure that 3 guys were not focused on school and football.  How many guys on this years teams missed games because of a suspension, being sick, or for reasons that have never been defined?  I follow two college football teams pretty hard and have for 25 years and I have never seen the number of missed games come even close to approaching what this season has been for UND.

Culture:  in every organization there is a culture.  Disciplined, hardworking, focused on the goal and doing the activities to consistently move the organization towards the goal.  If the team was scored between 0-10 with 0 being completely out of control and not doing the right things and 10 being obsessed with football and school,  how would you score the team?  I would say a 3-4 and that is really too bad, because there are lots of guys that 8- 10, but IMO way too many guys that are a 1-2.

I can think of two that missed due to being sick.  Am I missing any?

we know why the couple missed yesterday.  So how many others were there that weren’t injured.  

24 minutes ago, Midwestern Hawk said:

Can you give us other examples of when people were suspended. Hunt, Mercer, and Wilson today when else?

After a good nights sleep, preceded by some good food and Crown Royal, I woke up this morning feeling better about next season. I saw something in UND that I hadn't seen in awhile: some fight.  After giving up the late TD going into halftime, I thought EWU would blow us out. But, I was wrong. The D pitched a shutout in the second half the the offense came alive and started moving the ball. The fumble at the goal line was a tough luck play. The kid was fighting for the goal line...I liked Carr's effort...it just didn't work out for us. I also saw some freakin pride on display in the second half.  Rudolph opened up the playbook and actually had EWU on its heels.

9 minutes ago, Old School Guy said:

After a good nights sleep, preceded by some good food and Crown Royal, I woke up this morning feeling better about next season. I saw something in UND that I hadn't seen in awhile: some fight.  After giving up the late TD going into halftime, I thought EWU would blow us out. But, I was wrong. The D pitched a shutout in the second half the the offense came alive and started moving the ball. The fumble at the goal line was a tough luck play. The kid was fighting for the goal line...I liked Carr's effort...it just didn't work out for us. I also saw some freakin pride on display in the second half.  Rudolph opened up the playbook and actually had EWU on its heels.

Very good. I believe EWU, a pretty good team, had 89 yards in the 2nd half. Looking for silver linings in a cloudy season there's some, and when you consider that hopefully, many who were stopping them in the 2nd half yesterday will be backups, then you can have hope for this D next year.

I liked the O going no huddle. We can still get the ball to the big 3 and Gordon with that type of formation. Hoping McKinney, Greibel and Izzy get going next year too. 

• Upvote 1

My favorite play was late in the game, first down, Studs launches a long one down field (under thrown) trying to hit Izzy.

it was intercepted, but....

it showed some balls and a “want to win” effort.  Playing it safe would lead to a loss anyway, so i applaud the effort for what it was.  A statement saying “we want to win”.

4 minutes ago, 77iceman said:

My favorite play was late in the game, first down, Studs launches a long one down field (under thrown) trying to hit Izzy.

it was intercepted, but....

it showed some balls and a “want to win” effort.  Playing it safe would lead to a loss anyway, so i applaud the effort for what it was.  A statement saying “we want to win”.

Yep.  That play also showed me how much I’m looking next to a QB that can throw it next year.  Teams can afford to stack the box vs us cause that deep throw wasn’t the strength of our QB

• Upvote 2

2 minutes ago, homer said:

Yep.  That play also showed me how much I’m looking next to a QB that can throw it next year.  Teams can afford to stack the box vs us cause that deep throw wasn’t the strength of our QB

I think a stronger armed QB and a stronger OL will be the main differences next year.