SiouxSports.com Forum

Gameday: Hawks vs Da Eags

geaux_sioux

3 minutes ago, SiouxBoys said:

The defense today gave us every chance to win this game. Our three best players on offense (Santiago, Oliveira, and Johannesson) touched the ball maybe once in the 4th quarter. If you don't think Rudolph is a problem, then you can  leave with him. He has to go.

To be fair we needed to pass our way back into this game. Not saying we can’t throw to the rbs though. 

2 minutes ago, geaux_sioux said:

To be fair we needed to pass our way back into this game. Not saying we can’t throw to the rbs though. 

Exactly my point. If we have to pass our way back into the game then we need to line John out wide and use him. Relying on Carr to be our "burner" is just something that isn't going to work.

• Upvote 1

We need to get waaaaaaay better on the OL. We didn't use timeouts well in second half. Ty Carter and Cieslak played well today..defense stepped up in the 2nd half. That missed opportunity with Wanzek not looking for the ball and the turnover near the goal line cost us today. Santiago and Brady need to be on the field with JJ next year as a regular package. We need more down field throws with Santiago. Need more consistent use and catches by the Tight Ends. We bookend our two best losses with Utah and EWU. Wished played like that all year against lesser teams.

2 minutes ago, Old School Guy said:

We need to get waaaaaaay better on the OL. We didn't use timeouts well in second half. Ty Carter and Cieslak played well today..defense stepped up in the 2nd half. That missed opportunity with Wanzek not looking for the ball and the turnover near the goal line cost us today. Santiago and Brady need to be on the field with JJ next year as a regular package. We need more down field throws with Santiago. Need more consistent use and catches by the Tight Ends. We bookend our two best losses with Utah and EWU. Wished played like that all year against lesser teams.

Remember, they had a backup at qb today.

• Upvote 1

8 minutes ago, geaux_sioux said:

Bubba’s seat is very hot right now. It’s not just the record. It’s not being competitive. It’s the off the field bull$%!#. It’s the coaching gaffes. It’s the lack of aggression. It’s not putting players in the best position to succeed. It’s not adjusting the game plan to the personnel. I could go on and on. Injuries were only one very small reason for this train wreck of a season. This offseason should make guys want to quit. Everybody should be lean mean and pissed off for next year.

I'm not sure Bubba's seat is as hot as I hope it is.  I didn't see many of the needed changes in any facet of the game during the season.  My over/under on him making the necessary moves in the off season is 75/25 against.

• Upvote 2

17 minutes ago, geaux_sioux said:

Bubba’s seat is very hot right now. It’s not just the record. It’s not being competitive. It’s the off the field bull$%!#. It’s the coaching gaffes. It’s the lack of aggression. It’s not putting players in the best position to succeed. It’s not adjusting the game plan to the personnel. I could go on and on. Injuries were only one very small reason for this train wreck of a season. This offseason should make guys want to quit. Everybody should be lean mean and pissed off for next year.

We can’t aford to be any more lean up front.  Eastern Washington was the more physical team today.  WTF???

strength coach better be ready.  The attitude on this team needs to change.  We are not a finess team. 

8 minutes ago, geaux_sioux said:

Why would Bubba’s seat be very hot? He took a sh*t show of a program that Muss had and in 2 seasons had us on a verge of a playoff berth only to be screwed by the playoff committee. Then the following season we win the conference and make the playoffs. This season was f’d up by massive amounts of injuries. One losing season since 2014 is not any reason to can Bubba. Now Rudolph needs to go as the offensive play calling is horrible. We have good receivers and kick ass running backs but the OL does need to be better whether it’s more meat on them or more time in the weigh room something needs to be done to get them to pass block. Now the only way into the playoffs next year is an at large bid, no conference title until 2020, if we can’t make the playoffs by then or if we have more 3 win seasons then maybe a change at head coach would be warranted, but for now no need to jump off the ledge.

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 2

Just now, homer said:

We can’t aford to be any more lean up front.  Eastern Washington was the more physical team today.  WTF???

strength coach better be ready.  The attitude on this team needs to change.  

Figure of speach. I think guys left something on the table last offseason based on how this year went and a lot of them didn't physically progress the way they should have from last year.

• Upvote 1

Year 4 of Bubba ball... I really thought this would be turned around but there seems to be off-field issues that need to be taken care of.  I wanted to hear "And tackled by the whole Sioux defense" this year. I hope whatever needs to be done in the off season gets done.  Hope the coaches can turn this around.

Years ago we had a young person apply for a public administration position.  People voiced concerns about no experience.  My response was if you hire someone with 15 years of experience, but could lack the innate skills to do the job, in 5 years you will have a person with 20 years of experience.  If you hire someone with minimal experience, but the innate skills to do the job, in 5 years you will have a darn good employee.  Maybe we need to re-focus but I sure don't have suggestions. Too bad this ended on a rather sour note...

GO UND

14 minutes ago, Old School Guy said:

The old highlights they showed today from 2014 reflect a huge disparity in the size of our linemen and team size overall. it was glaring. the strength program better start tomorrow and become a runaway train. Kids should leave UND looking like they know their way around a weight room and dinner table.

Mussman teams had some big hogs.

1 hour ago, darell1976 said:

This season was f’d up by massive amounts of injuries.

This line of thinking is the enemy of this program moving forward. If this is the way Bubba thinks, then changes won't be made, UND will continue to be undersized and overwhelmed physically, and UND will ultimately have roller coaster seasons moving forward.

The scheme, technique, and personnel can improve and simply blaming everything on injuries will deny progress in those areas. 

• Upvote 2

10 minutes ago, gundy1124 said:

Just say it already instead of hinting around it in 50 posts.  I can hardly take it any more.

Bubba has huge problems to solve with leadership, focus and team culture.  Does anyone have any idea why the three guys were suspended today?  There have been guys suspended or just missing almost every game this season. 

If guys are this unfocused during the season how focused on football are they during the off-season?