SiouxSports.com Forum

FCS Football Polls

BarnWinterSportsEngelstad

5 hours ago, Siouxphan27 said:

I think I’ve figured out why the polls don’t make any sense;

The pollsters all rely on the Grand Forks Herald for scores and game write ups.  So they have no idea what happened on the weekend when they fill out their ballots on Monday. 

That is hilarious.

What one does read from Tuesday through Sunday is usually two day old stuff, and the obits run for 2 or 3 days.

Since Sunday paper had no mention of Sam Houston Sate U FB team losing, be interesting if they mention the Bearkats in tomorrows paper?

Maybe they'll have a color picture of them?

Image result for ndsu vs sam houston state pictures

December 15, 2017 the Bearkats were south of GF. 

Just like the MVSU Delta Devils were south of GF earlier that same year.

INFORUM file photo

18 hours ago, MafiaMan said:

That’s not how it works.

If a name a P5 team was undefeated, all of the sudden it would be receiving major votes after a big win.  Texas has more votes than North Texas, even though Texas has lost to pathetic Maryland and North Texas is undefeated and annihilated Arkansas. 

BYU was not undefeated.  Okla St got a major ranking increase after beating Boise St.  Boise is almost the only G5 school that gets recognition by sportswriters, even in a loss.

We dropped out, with 5 teams with more points than us under The Top 25.

Idaho State a few points behind us. So does that tells us the pollsters think we will win next week?

http://www.fcs.football/cfb/polls.asp?div=fcs

Others: Montana State (229) , South Dakota (203) , Samford (171) , Princeton (88) , North Dakota (61) , Missouri State (56) , Western Illinois (49) , Harvard (30) ,        Idaho State (28)

1 hour ago, Dustin said:

http://www.fcs.football/fcsfront.asp

Still on the outside looking in. Opportunity awaits, though.  Idaho State increased their votes received.

UNI at #22.  With a loss against SU they will only move up a few spots and secure a play-off spot.

Interesting that Idaho St. is behind us........

It looks to me that 7-4 will not get us in the top #24. 

Montana game is pretty much the season!!  Personally, I always liked a revenge game!!

• Upvote 3

3 hours ago, gundy1124 said:

UNI at #22.  With a loss against SU they will only move up a few spots and secure a play-off spot.

Interesting that Idaho St. is behind us........

It looks to me that 7-4 will not get us in the top #24. 

Montana game is pretty much the season!!  Personally, I always liked a revenge game!!

Cal-Poly is out for sure but what seed did they have Joe Protheroe at? 

Hopefully not the same bracket as Chuck Norris.

Would be an EPIC national championship game.

• Upvote 2

3 hours ago, UNDvince97-01 said:

Cal-Poly is out for sure but what seed did they have Joe Protheroe at? 

Hopefully not the same bracket as Chuck Norris.

Would be an EPIC national championship game.

Tournament of Legends-

Rick Flair is the 1 seed, Ditka 2, Protheroe is the 3 seed, Chuck Norris is the 4 seed.

So Flair vrs Norris

Ditka vrs Protheroe

If Idaho State keeps up their impressive season, Sam Houston State continues to get back on track, and most importantly UND wins out with the only "tough" games being at home in the Alerus, then things will shape out nicely for a home playoff game in the Alerus Center. 

• Upvote 4

32 minutes ago, UND-FB-FAN said:

If Idaho State keeps up their impressive season, Sam Houston State continues to get back on track, and most importantly UND wins out with the only "tough" games being at home in the Alerus, then things will shape out nicely for a home playoff game in the Alerus Center. 

I like this newly found optimism you've found 

• Upvote 3