SiouxSports.com Forum

University of North Dakota Hockey 2017-18 Season

Frozen4sioux

15 minutes ago, Melvin said:

Did you listen to the podcast? Stecher was really good friends with Murphy, and he was cut by the program. 

Oh no I didnt.  He easily could have been cut due to his off the ice actions, which is what I heard. 

On 4/8/2017 at 5:18 PM, ringneck28 said:

Lots of talk on here about the 2017-18 season, Who are the opponents?  Who do we only see once in conference? 

I don't know that the NCHC schedule has been completed yet.  I think I've seen these for non-con games:

Anchorage tournament (2 games), host Minnesota (2), at Wisconsin (2), host Union (2), home and home with BSU, host St. Larry's (2).

Pretty good schedule.  Seven at home, five on the road.  Get the bonus games because of going to Alaska.  Minnesota and Wisconsin should be decent, St. Larry's is usually in the mix in the ECAC.  Union seems to generally have their program on the right track.

38 minutes ago, SJHovey said:

I don't know that the NCHC schedule has been completed yet.  I think I've seen these for non-con games:

Anchorage tournament (2 games), host Minnesota (2), at Wisconsin (2), host Union (2), home and home with BSU, host St. Larry's (2).

Pretty good schedule.  Seven at home, five on the road.  Get the bonus games because of going to Alaska.  Minnesota and Wisconsin should be decent, St. Larry's is usually in the mix in the ECAC.  Union seems to generally have their program on the right track.

Sweep in Alaska, split against Minny, split against Wisconsin, sweep Union (I'd expect them to be down after losing Vechionne and Foo) and sweep SLU. 8-2 in non-conference and a good record in and we'll be fine.

1 hour ago, SJHovey said:

so zero hockey east...need other NCHC teams to do the job vs them then.

I'm starting to think both Matej and Wilkie are bouncing. If so, this team stays young.  Just once I would like a kid that struggles year 1 and 2 to stay through their senior year.  I get that their NHL team's want playing time (so do they), so I guess that makes sense from that standpoint.  Hopefully not true (although Matej has been somewhat shafted so his leaving makes more sense to me).

8 minutes ago, scpa0305 said:

Nothing concrete, just a hunch. It appears both removed any reference to The fact they play for UND on their twitter accounts.

Creepin' the social media ... :blink: 

However, if they had it there in the past and removed it, well, in the trade that's called "a tell". 

• Upvote 1