SiouxSports.com Forum

Cutting Sports: Round 2

SWSiouxMN

15 minutes ago, jdub27 said:

Attendance for women's hockey was 881.... 

....combined for their 3 game playoff series against Ohio State.

Ticket prices were $14/$10 for the weekend or $7/$5 per game. 

Better cut other sports and save this one. :silly:

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, jdub27 said:

Attendance for women's hockey was 881.... 

....combined for their 3 game playoff series against Ohio State.

Ticket prices were $14/$10 for the weekend or $7/$5 per game. 

Just curious what's with the two prices (not weekend / game), but what was the difference between $14 and $10 ticket?

A past Herald article said ... 

the conference presidents at an upcoming meeting, which takes place about the time of the Summit League basketball tournament March 4-7 in Sioux Falls, S.D.

So, the logic says Kennedy better have a plan before he shows up there. I believe they wanted everything defined and done before March 6. That all aligns. 

Two thoughts.. (not that I stayed in a Holiday Inn Express last night or anything)

Summit League sponsors S & D, softball and soccer

the WIH season will likely be finished as this date hits (and it sounds like the coach's contract is expiring as well)

Don't know if there is a connection or if there is a coincidence 

on the other hand, if there is any basis to the UND to B1G hockey conference rumor and the possibility of a Women's B1G hockey, WIH might be both safe and a key to the invitation.

3 hours ago, zonadub said:

Two thoughts.. (not that I stayed in a Holiday Inn Express last night or anything)

the WIH season will likely be finished as this date hits (and it sounds like the coach's contract is expiring as well)

on the other hand, if there is any basis to the UND to B1G hockey conference rumor and the possibility of a Women's B1G hockey, WIH might be both safe and a key to the invitation.

I've made a similar comment on here this morning on a different thread.

Now, if the B1G is talking to UND about joining and as an affiliate, then they may be talking as well about the potential for WH in the future. If true, this process could take quite some time with 14 B1G presidents to agree to UND's little demands, whatever they are. Downside of that, the longer UND's financial difficulties linger, the more challenging this could become for us to still be wanted.

13 hours ago, zonadub said:

UND also just hired a new soccer coach. Presumably to a multi-year contract.

I don't think soccer is being cut. It's one of those women's sports, like basketball, volleyball and track, that nearly every division I school sponsors.

Just now, UNDBIZ said:

Unfortunate that it's being dragged out for another month, but hopefully this means they're going to do it right this time.

Agreed. I would assume nobody wants to go through any of the legal hassles that St. Cloud has gone through, some of it not widely reported to my knowledge.  Got to dot I's and cross T's for sure.