SiouxSports.com Forum

NORTH DAKOTA vs. Michigan State

AZSIOUX

UND (7-4-1 / 2-3-1-1 nchc) comes off a sweep of St. Cloud on the road posting two shutouts...  Gersich has 6 goals in the last 3 games... Gersich (10 goals) plus Boeser (7 goals) = 17 goals of UND's 40 total goals... Jost(10a) boeser(9a) gersich(8a) = 27 of UND's total 67 assists... Cam/team D 157 straight scoreless minutes. Simonson still pointless on the season along with Casey Johnson and Gornall (2 total games played) UND STATS

NCAA STATS

Pairwise Rankings

MSU (3-6-0) had a bye weekend. The previous weekend they split with Ferris State. Their last 7 games have been at home in East Lansing MSU STATS

1 minute ago, The Sicatoka said:

Depending on how things go Friday, do we see something not named Cam Johnson in the blue paint Saturday night? 

Not if he posts another shutout...........and even if he doesn't I'll still say no. A loss to this Mich. St. team could be a killer in the Pairwise down the road.

6 minutes ago, Oxbow6 said:

Not if he posts another shutout...........and even if he doesn't I'll still say no. A loss to this Mich. St. team could be a killer in the Pairwise down the road.

This kind of reminds me of the Wisconsin series last year. We were supposed to roll over Wisco, but they came in and played us tough both nights. Hopefully the boys are ready to go.

• Upvote 2

7 minutes ago, Oxbow6 said:

True, but we run a risk assuming he will always be healthy.  We really do need to get some others in net a little.

• Upvote 2

4 minutes ago, UNDMOORHEAD said:

This kind of reminds me of the Wisconsin series last year. We were supposed to roll over Wisco, but they came in and played us tough both nights. Hopefully the boys are ready to go.

Yup. This is a wide open trap. The team feels good about itself after last weekend. Well ... here's the reality check:

2-4-2 in the last 8 games. 

36 minutes ago, MafiaMan said:

Oxbow6:  MSU coming to town this weekend.  I'll take the Fighting Hawks 64-2 in the first game and 47-1 in the second game.

MafiaMan:  Pretty optimistic of you to think that the Spartans are gonna manage to score 3 goals this weekend, isn't it?  

I'd settle for Wilkie scoring a couple goals this coming series.

2 hours ago, The Sicatoka said:

Depending on how things go Friday, do we see something not named Cam Johnson in the blue paint Saturday night? 

Wouldn't it be priceless to see everybody that wanted Tomek to play recently do a complete 180 if Berry put him in against Michigan State and they fell behind by 3 early.  The irony would be classic considering the reaction to Hakstol playing Cam against Lake Superior a few years back. 

• Upvote 1

Been pretty inactive on here since the Minnesota series as I've been traveling a ton over the last couple weeks- however I have been able to follow via notifications from the team's twitter account and reading Schloss' recaps. It looks as though, at least from this past weekend, the boys are finding their way. A couple switcheroos with the top lines and seeing more consistency with Cole Smith breaking the lineup has been great, and I really hope we continue to build off the hard work so that we can convert W's. It's going to be an exciting end of the first half, and if we can catapult off this SCSU series with a sweep over Michigan State, have an unreal practice week for the showdown at MSG...we have a lot to look forward to.

1 hour ago, tnt said:

Wouldn't it be priceless to see everybody that wanted Tomek to play recently do a complete 180 if Berry put him in against Michigan State and they fell behind by 3 early.  The irony would be classic considering the reaction to Hakstol playing Cam against Lake Superior a few years back. 

Tomek might struggle in his 1st start.

However, if we plan to have him on this team we should probably break him in for game action in case, god forbid, something happens to Cam.

On the other hand, Tomek might be bolting after this semester which is my current theory on why he's not even dressing.