SiouxSports.com Forum

Boo Berry

Kooshnitz

9 minutes ago, Siouxperfan7 said:

I guess we will just have on of those " under perform in the first half of the year and go 18-2 after Christmas and make it to the Frozen Four" type of years again! :)

This is why I don't understand all the panic! Remember we used to say when our favorite team started winning consistently...." Must be the second half" or "must be December" or "no tournaments won in November"?

Everyone needs to chill... I'm still saving up for Chicago!

• Upvote 1

12 minutes ago, Irish said:

Anyone else a little concerned about the recruiting classes?  Other than Jost no one is standing out, many are not scoring, and our defense looks weak not only this year but next.

The defense doesn't look the greatest "on paper" for future years but how many people thought some 5'9 kid from BC named Stecher was anything special when he committed? I think the forward crop for next year looks pretty good though.

• Upvote 2

18 minutes ago, Irish said:

Anyone else a little concerned about the recruiting classes?  Other than Jost no one is standing out, many are not scoring, and our defense looks weak not only this year but next.

Just going to regurgitate many of my random thoughts from this weekend:

Positives: Hoff stands out as physically mature and plays a heavy game, Colton Poolman and Cole Smith are looking better with each game.

Wolanin might be our best dman right now, Shaw looks miles better than last year, Tucker is a monster and will provide offense this year. The young guys also are looking better with each game but have some growing pains as expected.

Also, Ausmus had IMO his best game of the year Saturday vs Denver and bailed Tucker out on a bad turnover. Also, had that nice big check on the DU partial breakaway.

Negatives: 2 breakaways given up in a matter of maybe 30 seconds on Friday but Cam stoned both of them, Ausmus doesn't look quite as comfortable without Stecher(but who would?), the freshmen D making rookie mistakes on pinching resulting in odd man rushes, PK and PP need to start figuring things out, maybe take Boeser and/or Jost off the PK to save energy and find a couple guys willing to lay their bodies on the line.

All in all though, we only gave up 4 goals to the #2 team in the country and should very well have had a split if not for an atrocious interference called at the end of Friday's game that led to Denver tying the game.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Irish said:

I'm slightly worried about next year...but trying not to think about it too much.  Stay in the present :)  these boys are going to turn things around.  I do wish berry would split up jost and boeser and even strength one game.  Get more of a balanced attack.

• Upvote 1

27 minutes ago, Cratter said:

Deserves you right for not liking UND football. :p

I almost went all in and was going to become a und football fan - I am glad I didn't - Really glad they have done so well - Football Bubba was sure Happy Sat. night

Well I was being a little more sarcstic with this post as I miss the fire hack threads every year around this time of year, then they go 18-2 and to the frozen four like every year. We are just use to the second half pushes. I do think the team deserves to prob win another 2-3 of the last 6 games, but thats hockey. All in all I think they will be ok but they do need to start getting a few wins here or they may be in some serious trouble later in the year. Lucky the teams will be some of the best later in the year. GO SIOUX!

• Upvote 1