SiouxSports.com Forum

NORTH DAKOTA vs. Denver - SATURDAY Gameday ********

AZSIOUX

2 hours ago, siouxweet said:

I've watched plenty of FCS football just not a lot coming from the Alerus Center despite having graduated from UND.

And a sell-out Bison Bandwagoner.....that didn't take long to come out!  You probably liked the Vikings for the 1st few weeks in the NFL, too.

4 hours ago, Oxbow6 said:

I'm not a hockey guy but I know it is really difficult to score when you continually have 3 guys below the red line and rarely play the puck out in front of the net in your offensive zone.

I'm not a hockey mind but I noticed this a lot Saturday also. I noticed a lot of blind passes from behind the red line to between the circles and no one was ever there! Also the comment about DU seeming to know where the next chip was going was noticeable also. Just seems like a team that is still learning each other. Not far off though, it'll come.

2 hours ago, bigskyvikes said:

I'm not a hockey mind but I noticed this a lot Saturday also. I noticed a lot of blind passes from behind the red line to between the circles and no one was ever there! Also the comment about DU seeming to know where the next chip was going was noticeable also. Just seems like a team that is still learning each other. Not far off though, it'll come.

Not true! I saw a few blind centering passes go right to a DU player, who started a rush the other way :(

• Upvote 2

5 hours ago, UNDBIZ said:

So you don't know sh*t. Just another bizun rube who thinks he can speak on other teams and conferences he knows nothing about. Leave out the pot shot at the Big Sky champions the next time you try to joke away hockey going 0-4-2 in the last 6.

Good lord, this isn't a football hockey pissing match, stop contributing to it. Football is doing great, hockey just hung a national championship and had 9 guys leave including regular NHLers and is experiencing adversity. No need to try to put down either team.

• Upvote 3

Just popping in to spout off what's been on my mind. There's been a lot of criticism to our defense (rightfully so). But I didn't feel it was the downfall this weekend. (I also agree about the issue with those blind passes) There were defensive mistakes, but we could have overcame those with you know... goals. Our losing ways have been due to terrible PK and power plays and offensive ineptitude.  Clearly we need new line combos (and probably new d-pairings) and desperately need to re-evaluate if we have the right players on the PK. 

So clearly until this is all fixed, I'm gonna need Cam to start standing on his head in net....

• Upvote 1

On 11/13/2016 at 0:32 AM, nodakgirl93 said:

And what's the reason? There was a lot of hype about him coming in... And then he got injured. Besides hakstol is just the coach. 

Why does it matter? It's not like there is no reason he is playing. He just needs to wait for his time.

You act as if a coach and GM don't have a mutual partnership, in the case of the flyers they do and I am sure Hextall trusts the judgement of Hakstol and also Berry. 

1 hour ago, jukenjive27 said:

Why does it matter? It's not like there is no reason he is playing. He just needs to wait for his time.

You act as if a coach and GM don't have a mutual partnership, in the case of the flyers they do and I am sure Hextall trusts the judgement of Hakstol and also Berry. 

Except the Flyers GM and Coach want their 3rd round pick in net not on the bench.

23 hours ago, bigskyvikes said:

I can't count how many times I have said we need someone in front of the net

18 minutes ago, Fetch said:

I can't count how many times I have said we need someone in front of the net

They were playing like that last year, what happened to that? Last year they were skating the puck into the zone, it doesn't seem as easy for them to do this season so far. With the amount of talent we have on this team, I'm not sure why they aren't doing it very well

14 minutes ago, Emerald joker said:

They were playing like that last year, what happened to that? Last year they were skating the puck into the zone, it doesn't seem as easy for them to do this season so far. With the amount of talent we have on this team, I'm not sure why they aren't doing it very well

Caggiula, Schmaltz, Stecher, Keaton, Ladue... get the picture? :D

• Upvote 3

12 hours ago, InHeavenThereIsNoBeer said:

Caggiula, Schmaltz, Stecher, Keaton, Ladue... get the picture? :D

They lost a lot but they still have a lot.  Denver and MN lost a ton of players too.  This team needs to find its identity and figure out how to win.  I think there needs to be some line shuffling this week.

• Upvote 1

16 minutes ago, Emerald joker said:

This team has the talent to do it but it's not being done.....Boeser, Poganski, Gersich, Jost. Last game felt a lot like a Hakstol team, dump and chase and a couple skate ins and wait to make a pass

This...^^^

UND forgot there was a middle third of ice to use too.

• Upvote 1

16 minutes ago, Emerald joker said:

This team has the talent to do it but it's not being done.....Boeser, Poganski, Gersich, Jost. Last game felt a lot like a Hakstol team, dump and chase and a couple skate ins and wait to make a pass

3 minutes ago, scpa0305 said:

They lost a lot but they still have a lot.  Denver and MN lost a ton of players too.  This team needs to find its identity and figure out how to win.  I think there needs to be some line shuffling this week.

Agreed on this team will improve, I was only commenting on the premier puck handlers/skaters we lost last year and it contributing to the problems discussed.

For this reason, it's taking this team longer to gel on things like Powerplays and zone entries which require the talent and being on the same page.

This team has good talent(not to last year's level but still good) but they are not yet on the same page.

1 minute ago, InHeavenThereIsNoBeer said:

Agreed on this team will improve, I was only commenting on the premier puck handlers/skaters we lost last year and it contributing to the problems discussed.

For this reason, it's taking this team longer to gel on things like Powerplays and zone entries which require the talent and being on the same page.

This team has good talent(not to last year's level but still good) but they are not yet on the same page.

So you're saying this wasn't Hakstol's fault and now Berry's fault.... interesting!

So there's no confusion from others, I'm agreeing with you 100%

• Upvote 1