SiouxSports.com Forum

Game day: UND @ UNC 1PM

geaux_sioux

Well, as promised, the UND offense is ugly. Fortunately the UND defense is doing what is necessary for UND to win the game.

UND needs to get back to the basics (Blocking and taking care of the ball) on offense and keep it up on defense. 1 half away from win #8 ...

Go UND Fighting Hawks!

We really need a quality backup QB. If the coaches think Bartles gives us the best chance to win this game, I'm not sure what that says about Heidlebaugh. Hopefully he has a fantastic off-season and some of our young recruits come in and exceed expectations, but I do not feel comfortable about our QB play without Studsrud. 

• Upvote 2

1 minute ago, Rock Chalk Fighting Hawk said:

Bring in the rugby rifle. Makes the qb runs a bit more effective compared to when barrels is running them

I agree his running ability is better, but his passing ability and confidence is not so much where it needs to be ...

Bubba and his staff really need to address this QB position in the offseason. The kid from Edina is not enough ... add another one please !!!

2 minutes ago, Cratter said:

Bartles didn't play that bad. Qbs throw interceptions all the time in football. He's the backup. He's not expected to be great.

He's meeting expectations so far.

I agree, I'm ok keeping him in there.  He's definitely not a great QB but I think he has confidence and experience, and I think he can make a couple timely throws and manage the game to a win today.  That is all we need.  

Just now, Sioux94 said:

I agree, I'm ok keeping him in there.  He's definitely not a great QB but I think he has confidence and experience, and I think he can make a couple timely throws and manage the game to a win today.  That is all we need.  

Rudolph needs to put some of those throws at favorable times for Bartles. Don't wait for 3rd and 10 before throwing. Don't do a straight drop back. Use your play action, use your bootleg, and for gods' sake, use your tight ends!

• Upvote 2

2 minutes ago, Feff said:

Rudolph needs to put some of those throws at favorable times for Bartles. Don't wait for 3rd and 10 before throwing. Don't do a straight drop back. Use your play action, use your bootleg, and for gods' sake, use your tight ends!

yes...five years in the making...

• Upvote 1