SiouxSports.com Forum

Carson Wentz taking Philly err Indy err DC by storm

SiouxVolley

51 minutes ago, sioux rube said:

Didn’t go to either school. Why do folks get their undies in a bunch when some of us enjoy seeing success from either school?  I don’t get it. That goes for any college in North Dakota. If Minot St is playing for a championship in whatever sport I’m pulling for them too. 

I have uncles that would agree with you. They too did not attend either school.  When you attend one of the schools it just doesn’t work that way, particularly in football.  

• Like 1

22 hours ago, The Sicatoka said:

No disrespect to Mr. Wentz, but Savanna LaFontaine-Greywind, who was murdered for her unborn child, was (unfortunately) the most noteworthy person in Fargo Forum's coverage area this year. 

22 hours ago, sioux rube said:

Sad story for sure but the person of the year goes to someone who has done good in the community and state. No disrespect either for what Miss Greywind and her family went through. 

Agree.......noteworthy and what the Forum recognized Wentz for are 2 completely separate topics. Carson has been a great representation of himself, his faith and the state of ND. He's the anti- "Crap"ernick which we need more of in pro sports.

• Upvote 4

35 minutes ago, Hayduke said:

Wentz is a North Dakota kid.   Yeah, he's got my support.  I don't care if he went to NDSU.  Hope he comes back next year and continues to tear it up.

In the meantime, Foles better enjoy his single (probably) playoff game.  Philly isn't the same team without Wentz. 

I don't care either way about Wentz. He doesn't play for the Vikings, so for me.....meh.

1 hour ago, sioux rube said:

Didn’t go to either school. Why do folks get their undies in a bunch when some of us enjoy seeing success from either school?  I don’t get it. That goes for any college in North Dakota. If Minot St is playing for a championship in whatever sport I’m pulling for them too. 

Minot State isn't a rival of ours. UND boosters rooting for NDSU in the FCS playoffs is like Auburn fans rooting for Alabama tonight in the FBS semifinals.

To each their own, I guess.

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, Shawn-O said:

I have uncles that would agree with you. They too did not attend either school.  When you attend one of the schools it just doesn’t work that way, particularly in football.  

My 2 older brothers went to UND. My dad went to NDSU. I went to neither. Dad took me to many Bison football games when I was a kid and also UND hockey games. Again I’m all for anything North Dakota. 

5 minutes ago, fightingsioux4life said:

All he does is win, baby. #packstillsuck

Yup a career record of 20-18 screams winner! 7-15 prior to this season.

#oneyearwonder

Foles, Flacco and I could go on.............Keenum will be on that list too.

..........at least he's not Hundley!!!

1 hour ago, Oxbow6 said:

#oneyearwonder

I don't care what he did before this season. Keenum is earning himself a nice contract, either in Minnesota or someplace else.

And I wouldn't be too hard on Hundley. The kid got put into a tough situation and I think he did the best he could.

2 hours ago, Oxbow6 said:

Agree.......noteworthy and what the Forum recognized Wentz for are 2 completely separate topics. Carson has been a great representation of himself, his faith and the state of ND. He's the anti- "Crap"ernick which we need more of in pro sports.

He’s like Rodgers except his teammates actually like him. :D

• Upvote 2

6 hours ago, sioux rube said:

I'm from Minnesota and I still like Wentz. He's a good guy with an inspirational story. Same could be said of Thielen. While I didn't cheer for either in college, I have no problem cheering for them in the pros. 

Like @sioux rube I'll typically cheer for my home state teams assuming UND isn't playing them. 

• Upvote 1

8 hours ago, fightingsioux4life said:

Minot State isn't a rival of ours. UND boosters rooting for NDSU in the FCS playoffs is like Auburn fans rooting for Alabama tonight in the FBS semifinals.

To each their own, I guess.

funny thing to say "to each their own" when you want to stomp on another person's interests...

• 3 weeks later...
On 1/1/2018 at 11:08 AM, Oxbow6 said:

#oneyearwonder

Just wanted to quote this so I can find it later....you know...just to reminisce a bit.

10 minutes ago, bigskyvikes said:

Just wanted to quote this so I can find it later....you know...just to reminisce a bit.

Yup............................so now Keenum is 21-18 overall after a playoff win.  We'll see how it shakes out as either Foles or Keenum will be going to the Super Bowl. 

Interested to see if Case follows Shurmur to wherever he goes as a head coach or if he stays with the Vikings.

1 hour ago, Oxbow6 said:

Yup............................so now Keenum is 21-18 overall after a playoff win.  We'll see how it shakes out as either Foles or Keenum will be going to the Super Bowl. 

Interested to see if Case follows Shurmur to wherever he goes as a head coach or if he stays with the Vikings.

I hope he stays, but I think he follows Shurmur. Either way he gets paid and my opinion he will do just fine.

2 hours ago, Oxbow6 said:

Keenum reminds me of ol’ #4, a bit of a gunslinger at times.  

• Upvote 1

8 hours ago, Sioux>Bison said:

Like I said......

One is like a Rodgers or Brady, they do not need an outstanding offense to win, that's Wentz. And their offense has not looked even close to explosive like it did with Wentz. The other is a good QB not causing problems and has an outstanding offense around him. Both have Superbowl defenses and that will make it a stressful exciting game to watch!

It helps for one coming in week 2 and the other not till week 14? 15?....

I think this game can go either way but I take the guy that has 11+ more games under his belt  with his offense and the #1 defense on his side, and because they are my Vikings!!

SKOOOOOOLLLL!!

• Upvote 2

17 hours ago, bigskyvikes said:

I hope he stays, but I think he follows Shurmur. Either way he gets paid and my opinion he will do just fine.

Depends, if Shurmur goes to the Giants, which is the rumor, I doubt it

If he goes to Arizona, its way more likely. 

Whether the season ends Sunday, a Super Bowl loss or win, the Vikings have a critical decision to make on QB with Case or Teddy (I'm not including Sam, he is going to be gone)

• UNDBIZ changed the title to Carson Wentz taking Philly err Indy err DC by storm