SiouxSports.com Forum

Carson Wentz taking Philly err Indy err DC by storm

SiouxVolley

On ‎1‎/‎1‎/‎2018 at 8:25 AM, Hayduke said:

Wentz is a North Dakota kid.   Yeah, he's got my support.  I don't care if he went to NDSU.  Hope he comes back next year and continues to tear it up.

In the meantime, Foles better enjoy his single (probably) playoff game.  Philly isn't the same team without Wentz

Yeah, they might be better.

• Upvote 1

37 minutes ago, geaux_sioux said:

Bunch of salty ass haters

Guy leading the race for MVP prior to injury vs. a quality journeyman backup QB who played lights out for a game......................................no offense but I figured at least you could recognize the difference.

Same goes for Keenum..........................had a very good year but is far from being a "franchise" QB. Last night was more what his playing ability is especially when he doesn't have a lead.

Ask any Eagle off the record.......a healthy Wentz or Foles in 2 weeks?  You'd get one one "Foles"........and that would be from Foles.

6 minutes ago, Oxbow6 said:

Guy leading the race for MVP prior to injury vs. a quality journeyman backup QB who played lights out for a game......................................no offense but I figured at least you could recognize the difference.

Same goes for Keenum..........................had a very good year but is far from being a "franchise" QB. Last night was more what his playing ability is especially when he doesn't have a lead.

Ask any Eagle off the record.......a healthy Wentz or Foles in 2 weeks?  You'd get one one "Foles"........and that would be from Foles.

I think you misread my post.

7 minutes ago, geaux_sioux said:

I think you misread my post.

My bad.  Very well could be the case...........................................................I hear a similar comment from my wife often.

16 minutes ago, Oxbow6 said:

Right.  But the point was that Philly hasn't regressed at all since Foles took over.  Just an observation since common sense would say that losing an "MVP" would devastate a team.

• Upvote 3

1 minute ago, UND1983 said:

Right.  But the point was that Philly hasn't regressed at all since Foles took over.  Just an observation since common sense would say that losing an "MVP" would devastate a team.

Foles was terrible the last 2 regular season games prior to the playoffs. Had a decent game against the Falcons and was obviously lights out last night. His next paycheck just got bigger because of it. He does a repeat performance in the Super Bowl it will even get bigger. 

19 minutes ago, Oxbow6 said:

what's the difference bt what foles did in 2013 and carson did in 2017? with a repaired acl will carson be less mobile/ less likely to run?  i don't think it's guaranteed that carson has his job back if nick is the mvp of the super bowl...

6 minutes ago, UND1983 said:

We'll agree to disagree here. Foles was not good at all in week 16 vs. OAK........was down right awful in an abbreviated stint in week 17 vs. DAL. To his credit he has played well in 2 playoff game and that is what matters. 

To your last point just two words needed.................................Brett Hundley!

1 minute ago, SIOUXFAN97 said:

what's the difference bt what foles did in 2013 and carson did in 2017? with a repaired acl will carson be less mobile/ less likely to run?  i don't think it's guaranteed that carson has his job back if nick is the mvp of the super bowl...

I'll take that bet right now.

3 minutes ago, sioux rube said:

Foles was terrible the last 2 regular season games prior to the playoffs. Had a decent game against the Falcons and was obviously lights out last night. His next paycheck just got bigger because of it. He does a repeat performance in the Super Bowl it will even get bigger. 

He sat on bench for 14 weeks then didn't look  great immediately.   Shocked.  Then lost one game that didn't matter as #1 seed was wrapped up.  

Thinking the Eagles are a pretty good team - all around.

32 minutes ago, UND1983 said:

He sat on bench for 14 weeks then didn't look  great immediately.   Shocked.  Then lost one game that didn't matter as #1 seed was wrapped up.  

Thinking the Eagles are a pretty good team - all around.

They are a good team all the way around. I’m just saying the way he played going into the playoffs didn’t give one a lot of confidence. He’s been a backup the last 2 years for a reason but also had a pro bowl year in him so he is capable. Had the game of his life last night and will need another to derail the Pats. 

Oh oh and he had a damn good game his first start against the Giants then went downhill until the playoffs. 

31 minutes ago, SIOUXFAN97 said:

You serious? For real, Foles is Reich at best. Wentz is on his way to being one of the dudes of the entire NFL regardless of the fact that he’s a former Bison.

• Upvote 1

11 minutes ago, sioux rube said:

They are a good team all the way around. I’m just saying the way he played going into the playoffs didn’t give one a lot of confidence. He’s been a backup the last 2 years for a reason but also had a pro bowl year in him so he is capable. Had the game of his life last night and will need another to derail the Pats. 

Don’t get me wrong, I hate the bison, but I can’t overlook the job Wentz has done in two years. He’s got a great supporting cast but he is the cornerstone of their present and future and there’s no way to doubt it..... unless you’re just some blind hater.

• Upvote 1

• UNDBIZ changed the title to Carson Wentz taking Philly err Indy err DC by storm