SiouxSports.com Forum

Stony Brook Seawolves

geaux_sioux

9 minutes ago, The Real said:

Be prepared for an offensive struggle, not just this game, all year. Keaton is awesome, keeps getting better. Santiago is an absolute stud we all know that. But that O line is about to have a mad struggle session. AJ and the new center will be fine. Demon just needs to play and he will be fine. But Dan Bell and Matt Cox...not even close to ready. They will hurt the offense, experience will help them a little bit, but put an average big sky d lineman in front of those two, and that d lineman will be licking his chops.  I would honestly rather see Aplin in there, even though he is short he is very strong and physical, with a mean streak. He will actually move someone with a purpose, Matt and Dan will be hugging and chest blocking us out of games. You heard it here first. 

The o line worries me.  Mainly the interior 3.  I thought Matt Cox did fine filling in at multiple positions last year.   We will see how he does as a starter.  I don't know anything about Dan Bell.  I guess I'll have more of an opinion after tomorrow's game.  

1 hour ago, The Real said:

Be prepared for an offensive struggle, not just this game, all year. Keaton is awesome, keeps getting better. Santiago is an absolute stud we all know that. But that O line is about to have a mad struggle session. AJ and the new center will be fine. Demon just needs to play and he will be fine. But Dan Bell and Matt Cox...not even close to ready. They will hurt the offense, experience will help them a little bit, but put an average big sky d lineman in front of those two, and that d lineman will be licking his chops.  I would honestly rather see Aplin in there, even though he is short he is very strong and physical, with a mean streak. He will actually move someone with a purpose, Matt and Dan will be hugging and chest blocking us out of games. You heard it here first. 

Seeing as you were quick to sh*t on our offensive line last year too, including specifically calling out the all-conference center, I'm going to take this post with a big grain of salt. They'll take some time to gel, but should be serviceable by conference play. 

• Upvote 2

9 minutes ago, UNDBIZ said:

Seeing as you were quick to sh*t on our offensive line last year too, including specifically calling out the all-conference center, I'm going to take this post with a big grain of salt. They'll take some time to gel, but should be serviceable by conference play. 

I was reading that post and simultaneously thinking who the .... is this guy?

This is what real said last year about Knauf.     

The Real   

• The Real
  • Members
  •  
  • 6 posts
On ‎9‎/‎22‎/‎2015 at 11:19 AM, geaux_sioux said:

One of his guys switched to fullback because of bad knees and he had to drop weight, that's not on Knaupf.  It's a bit early to toss him under the boss. Is he Rod Carey? Probably not. But he's better than our last OL coach. Our crew is very young, that can't be overlooked.

Coach Knauf is no way better then Coach Cunningham, Coach Lotysz, or Mussman when he worked with the O line. He is very far from Coach Cary. We'll see how this year turns out with the O line. If their is no improvement all the fingers should be pointed at Knauf. And in my opinion the coaching staff last year finally realized that they should give Jer carries and not waste his talent. That was the improvement not so much the o line it was the same o line. They just found a back that could actually make people miss not a linebacker or Simmons who was strictly north south. 

I didn't see where he changed his opinion of coach Knauf.  ummmmm

• Upvote 2

20 minutes ago, Nodak78 said:

This is what real said last year about Knauf.     

The Real   

Coach Knauf is no way better then Coach Cunningham, Coach Lotysz, or Mussman when he worked with the O line. He is very far from Coach Cary. We'll see how this year turns out with the O line. If their is no improvement all the fingers should be pointed at Knauf. And in my opinion the coaching staff last year finally realized that they should give Jer carries and not waste his talent. That was the improvement not so much the o line it was the same o line. They just found a back that could actually make people miss not a linebacker or Simmons who was strictly north south. 

I didn't see where he changed his opinion of coach Knauf.  ummmmm

Might need to look back and see who was ended their career with Cunningham or was booted by Bubba during his first year.  

Cunningham is better than Knauf...yah, right.  Just like the former players from 2008-2013 that think Muss is a good coach.  Why?  Because they never played for a real coach.  

Hoping everything will gel right out the gate.  The players and coaches have been working hard and been focused.  That said, I honestly know that it could take a game or two or some adjustments to make it really gel once they are in game situations.  Playing against your own teammates and at reduced intensity is not a true measure.  I can tell though that this team has a lot of heart and determination so I am pleased with that since it can help overcome some mistakes.  Excited for tomorrow's game...GO UND!

Today's smile when the alarm clock kicked on:

The KFGO morning folks (Bonnie and Doug, Tom Wynn was off today) commenting on Jack Michael's sharp Fighting Hawks shirt and how good he looked in it as he's flying with the team. 

Better?

Bonnie commenting that she didn't have any Fighting Hawks gear yet and her daughter goes to UND so she'd better get some now having seen this. 

• Upvote 2

7 hours ago, homer said:

The o line worries me.  Mainly the interior 3.  I thought Matt Cox did fine filling in at multiple positions last year.   We will see how he does as a starter.  I don't know anything about Dan Bell.  I guess I'll have more of an opinion after tomorrow's game.  

Not worried about Cox, I think he's going to put it all together this year at RT.  AJ at LT should be improved from a good season last year, and Coe is a better player than Boes at Center.  The guards are in a battle with 3-4 guys, the best players will rise to the challenge but not likely be as good as last year.  So at o-line from last year to this year I see 2 improvements, 2 positions a little worse off, and a push.  Put in experience at the TE position and Norberg at FB, and the whole blocking scheme with more experience than last year I think we'll be fine.......  Stony Brook will be a good measuring stick for sure.  They are self proclaimed 'quick on D'.....maybe our size and push can find us some running lanes.  Knauf is a great guy and coach.  I spoke with a former lineman this month, only 1 year with Knauf but he wished he had more with him.

• Upvote 4

49 minutes ago, homer said:

5:58p.m.  

I'm really hoping this is a halfway decent site.  

I check the site yesterday through Roku college sports live.  It was excellent.  I also noticed the streaming starts at 5:30 so you can catch some pregame info on Stony Brook before the game.   I'm so ready.  25 hours.:p:p

• Upvote 2

18 minutes ago, Nodak78 said:

I check the site yesterday through Roku college sports live.  It was excellent.  I also noticed the streaming starts at 5:30 so you can catch some pregame info on Stony Brook before the game.   I'm so ready.  25 hours.:p:p

I am working extra hard today as I wont get much done after 3 PM tomorrow!