SiouxSports.com Forum

What do you think of the logo now??

Siouxperfan7

Fighting Hawks logo  

314 members have voted

1. 1. Now that the dust has settled, what is your grade for the new Fighting Hawks logo now?

• A
    • B
    • C
    • D
    • F

14 minutes ago, Blackheart said:

C'mon Darrell, we've already got one...

FargoCity-20120831-00361.jpg

Thunder the bleacher creature!! I remember the outcry from Indians when UND displayed him. He was something for the kids and the whole situation was blown out of proportion. It would be nice to have one again. 

12 hours ago, darell1976 said:

Thunder the bleacher creature!! I remember the outcry from Indians when UND displayed him. He was something for the kids and the whole situation was blown out of proportion. It would be nice to have one again. 

I happily led the charge and voted that down as a member of Student Senate as it was an embarrassment to the University...unfortunately they found funding elsewhere.

9 minutes ago, Siouxperfan7 said:

I know that there are a lot of people who right now say that they will never support the Fighting Hawks name and logo.  That the new name is unoriginal and generic and that the logo was shoved down our throats.  I get it.  We all feel that way.  I  think the one request that many of us that have moved towards the new name and logo is just to give it a chance.  Of course we all would want UND to still be the Fighting Sioux, but that is not an option.  I wasn't a huge fan of the name and logo either when both were announced.  But I chose to put all that aside and embrace the Fighting Hawks.  I am not saying you have to start yelling "Go Hawks" at games in your Fighting Hawks shirt, sweatshirt, and hat.  Go at your own speed.  But at least try to embrace the change.  You may suprise yourself and might actually think that the Fighting Hawks name and logo aren't all that bad.

It's one yuuge advantage that our regional rivals and peers have over us: No fractured fan bases, No substantial divisiveness and very little in-fighting beyond disagreements about on-the-field strategies or coaching moves/decisions. There's plenty of blame to go around dating back a long ways. Unfortunately, we have become far too comfortable in recent years in hating ourselves (nickname debacle, AD decisions, UND Presidential actions, campus politics, hockey vs. everyone else).  We're just now getting used to the feeling of what it feels like to be good again. I'm not saying anyone needs to change their opinions on anything --God, knows I've made my piece with my opinions on this subject ---but the longer we persist as a disjointed fan base, the slower it will be before we can all truly feel good about "us" again. We have seen the enemy and it is us. It's up to us to decide how long it will take to make peace with ourselves. Only then will we really get moving forward again. 

• Upvote 5
  • Downvote 2

27 minutes ago, Siouxperfan7 said:

I know that there are a lot of people who right now say that they will never support the Fighting Hawks name and logo.  That the new name is unoriginal and generic and that the logo was shoved down our throats.  I get it.  We all feel that way.  I  think the one request that many of us that have moved towards the new name and logo is just to give it a chance.  Of course we all would want UND to still be the Fighting Sioux, but that is not an option.  I wasn't a huge fan of the name and logo either when both were announced.  But I chose to put all that aside and embrace the Fighting Hawks.  I am not saying you have to start yelling "Go Hawks" at games in your Fighting Hawks shirt, sweatshirt, and hat.  Go at your own speed.  But at least try to embrace the change.  You may suprise yourself and might actually think that the Fighting Hawks name and logo aren't all that bad.

Agree 100%.  I actually groaned out loud during the UND/Denver game last Friday when certain sections tried igniting the "SIOUX FOREVER" chant.  I wear the Sioux jersey, that's enough for me.  

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

50 minutes ago, MafiaMan said:

Agree 100%.  I actually groaned out loud during the UND/Denver game last Friday when certain sections tried igniting the "SIOUX FOREVER" chant.  I wear the Sioux jersey, that's enough for me.  

Same here.  I will wear the Sioux jersey over the current replica jerseys,  but the Sioux Forever chant is somewhat embarrassing, IMO.  We aren't the Sioux anymore, as much as I hate to say it.  

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 2

59 minutes ago, MafiaMan said:

7 minutes ago, nodak651 said:

Same here.  I will wear the Sioux jersey over the current replica jerseys,  but the Sioux Forever chant is somewhat embarrassing, IMO.  We aren't the Sioux anymore, as much as I hate to say it.  

Should the Sioux pull out 2 big wins this weekend in Fargo, I'll be interested to hear if there are any "Sioux Forever" chants after the last horn.  After the championship game in 2015 at the West Regional it was pretty loud.  I wonder if now that we're 2 years removed if that'll quiet that down, or if it'll be as loud as ever in Fargo?

17 minutes ago, Ray77 said:

Should the Sioux pull out 2 big wins this weekend in Fargo, I'll be interested to hear if there are any "Sioux Forever" chants after the last horn.  After the championship game in 2015 at the West Regional it was pretty loud.  I wonder if now that we're 2 years removed if that'll quiet that down, or if it'll be as loud as ever in Fargo?

I'd bet on yes, you still hear it at The Ralph.

• Upvote 2