SiouxSports.com Forum

What do you think of the logo now??

Siouxperfan7

Fighting Hawks logo  

315 members have voted

1. 1. Now that the dust has settled, what is your grade for the new Fighting Hawks logo now?

• A
    • B
    • C
    • D
    • F

3 minutes ago, UND-FB-FAN said:

I'm flattered that you actually went back and checked moon schedules. I can picture you typing furiously at your computer muttering to yourself:

"2016, 2000, 1997, 1987...sonofabitch.... AHA!! Although everything else checked out, 1963 trips your argument up. Checkmate!!

1 minute ago, InHeavenThereIsNoBeer said:

I'm flattered that you actually went back and checked moon schedules. I can picture you typing furiously at your computer muttering to yourself:

"2016, 2000, 1997, 1987...sonofabitch.... AHA!! Although everything else checked out, 1963 trips your argument up. Checkmate!!

One minute of my life I will never get back ...

No room for error with "facts", although these days that is lost on some figures. 

• Downvote 1

4 minutes ago, InHeavenThereIsNoBeer said:

You do realize you researched waxing/waning moon schedules to disprove a joke?

I forgot to include when one of said team's players has a c- in a communications class. Back to your research... :lol:  

11 minutes ago, UND-FB-FAN said:

Save your mind; good ol' fashion tomfoolery at work. 

Yes. I even went as far as to try and save someone's "blown mind" as an aside. 

You're welcome, @Ray77

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, InHeavenThereIsNoBeer said:

You do realize you researched waxing/waning moon schedules to disprove a joke?

I forgot to include when one of said team's players has a c- in a communications class. Back to your research... :lol:  

Regardless of the stage of the moon, the rest of your comment checks out...

Wax has 3 letters > Tucker Poolman is #3 > Poolman can be translated roughly to Pool Man in Norwegian > Norwegian has 9 letters > We are trying to capture our 9th championship.

I'd also add and believe that this plays a part in this somehow, that Ludvig Hoff is Norwegian and he's number 27....2 + 7 = ????

3 minutes ago, Ray77 said:

Regardless of the stage of the moon, the rest of your comment checks out...

Wax has 3 letters > Tucker Poolman is #3 > Poolman can be translated roughly to Pool Man in Norwegian > Norwegian has 9 letters > We are trying to capture our 9th championship.

I'd also add and believe that this plays a part in this somehow, that Ludvig Hoff is Norwegian and he's number 27....2 + 7 = ????

We are down the rabbit hole now!

Just now, InHeavenThereIsNoBeer said:

We are down the rabbit hole now!

If someone doesn't have a sign tomorrow at Scheels Arena that says "LUDWIG #27 THE NORSKIE...2+7= #9 for UND" or something to that effect I'm going to be disappointed!

• Upvote 1

11 minutes ago, Siouxphan27 said:

So if I'm reading the pattern and timeline events here correctly, if UND doesn't win the hockey title again this year, it's clearly time for another name change. 

Absolutely,  well before we have a chance to fail at fb, vb, and bb

• Upvote 1

The more I reflect back on this entire name transition issue, the more I realize how many chances UND had to stop the bleeding and whiffed.  It didn't have to be this painful and long. 

People rip Schafer for not having a vote on the logo but ask yourself, after how the vote was handled on the name could you really do it again?

• Upvote 1

13 minutes ago, SWSiouxMN said:

The more I reflect back on this entire name transition issue, the more I realize how many chances UND had to stop the bleeding and whiffed.  It didn't have to be this painful and long. 

People rip Schafer for not having a vote on the logo but ask yourself, after how the vote was handled on the name could you really do it again?

They tried to appease too many people instead of just ripping the Band-Aid off, which just allowed the issues to linger. It appears they have finally figured out that strategy wasn't working.

I guess maybe the fact the people are just complaining about the logo now and not about bringing back the Fighting Sioux name is the progress of a kind. I am well aware there are still some who are dead set on bringing back the Fighting Sioux nickname, but the is almost certainly never going to happen. Everyone is making a big deal about how football and basketball have embraced the new logo, and while that sounds great to the outsiders who don't understand UND any UND alumni should Know that hockey is the Heartbeat of UND athletics. Unless hockey fans embrace logo we will always be divided on the nickname issue, and that is s where the University needs to move slowly, the worst thing they could do is to stick a Big Hawk logo on center ice or in the center of the jerseys next year. I think the most Hockey fans will tolerate the logo as a shoulder patch.

• Upvote 3
  • Downvote 2

6 minutes ago, ArchyAlum11 said:

I guess maybe the fact the people are just complaining about the logo now and not about bringing back the Fighting Sioux name is the progress of a kind. I am well aware there are still some who are dead set on bringing back the Fighting Sioux nickname, but the is almost certainly never going to happen. Everyone is making a big deal about how football and basketball have embraced the new logo, and while that sounds great to the outsiders who don't understand UND any UND alumni should Know that hockey is the Heartbeat of UND athletics. Unless hockey fans embrace logo we will always be divided on the nickname issue, and that is s where the University needs to move slowly, the worst thing they could do is to stick a Big Hawk logo on center ice or in the center of the jerseys next year. I think the most Hockey fans will tolerate the logo as a shoulder patch.

There's no almost about it, the Sioux name isn't coming back. 

The university should put the hawk logo at center ice. Get the hockey-only fans used to seeing it. Get the hockey team to stop avoiding it. 

• Upvote 3
  • Downvote 3

2 minutes ago, The Sicatoka said:

3 minutes ago, UNDBIZ said:

There's no almost about it, the Sioux name isn't coming back. 

The university should put the hawk logo at center ice. Get the hockey-only fans used to seeing it. Get the hockey team to stop avoiding it. 

I disagree, you do that, and the hockey fans will only retrench, though to be honest I don't think that UND gets to make the call on what is printed at Center Ice, the Ralph gets to make that call. However UND could stick that big Hawk Office logo on the jersey, but I doubt they will fly off the shelves.

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 2