SiouxSports.com Forum

What do you think of the logo now??

Siouxperfan7

Fighting Hawks logo  

316 members have voted

1. 1. Now that the dust has settled, what is your grade for the new Fighting Hawks logo now?

• A
    • B
    • C
    • D
    • F

24 minutes ago, Emerald joker said:

Saying that doesn't help, that's just gonna make people want to boo even louder and longer. The crybaby pc crowd finally got what they wanted and now they're going to have to live with the boos for days, weeks or maybe even years and I'm perfectly fine with that. If people don't like the boos they don't have to go to the games. I am a Fighting Sioux forever anti hawk fan but I don't boo the name! 

GO SIOUX!!!

I think there are some people who aren't apart of the crybaby pc crowd, who loved the Sioux, didn't like the change process, have come to terms with the fact that the name isn't changing back from Fighting Hawks, maybe even allowed the new logo to grow on them and find the boos annoying. Understandable if you don't and won't like the new nickname and I know you said you don't boo, but I wonder who are the boos are actually directed to? The PC Crowd you site? I don't get it.

• Upvote 3

22 minutes ago, Ray77 said:

Unfortunately, that's impossible.  Fighting Hawks hockey didn't exist in 1984...:0

I could have sworn it's the same school in the same city. I guess when they retired Fighting Sioux, they retired University of North Dakota. So the banners in the REA say University of Fighting Sioux, except #8 that says University of Fighting Hawks?

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

Just now, darell1976 said:

I could have sworn it's the same school in the same city. I guess when they retired Fighting Sioux, they retired University of North Dakota. So the banners in the REA say University of Fighting Sioux? 

I agree - it is the same school in the same city - the University of North Dakota in Grand Forks.  However, in 1984 you supported Fighting Sioux hockey, while in 2016 you support Fighting Hawks hockey, correct?

• Upvote 1

Just now, Ray77 said:

I agree - it is the same school in the same city - the University of North Dakota in Grand Forks.  However, in 1984 you supported Fighting Sioux hockey, while in 2016 you support Fighting Hawks hockey, correct?

1984 it was University of North Dakota, today it's University of North Dakota. It's the players making the goals I cheer for, I don't go to the games just for the nickname. If UND would have kept Flickertails and never became Sioux I would still cheer for the school, because that was the school in my hometown that I loved.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

4 minutes ago, darell1976 said:

1984 it was University of North Dakota, today it's University of North Dakota. It's the players making the goals I cheer for, I don't go to the games just for the nickname. If UND would have kept Flickertails and never became Sioux I would still cheer for the school, because that was the school in my hometown that I loved.

Point taken.  I was just clarifying that the Fighting Hawks didn't exist in 1984, that's all.

• Upvote 1

58 minutes ago, JTSchro said:

I think there are some people who aren't apart of the crybaby pc crowd, who loved the Sioux, didn't like the change process, have come to terms with the fact that the name isn't changing back from Fighting Hawks, maybe even allowed the new logo to grow on them and find the boos annoying. Understandable if you don't and won't like the new nickname and I know you said you don't boo, but I wonder who are the boos are actually directed to? The PC Crowd you site? I don't get it.

The boos are directed toward the new name, the pc crowd and the people that have accepted the new nickname are going to have to deal with it if they haven't already

• Upvote 2

6 minutes ago, The Sicatoka said:

With the booing of a new nickname, maybe they should've chosen "Phantoms" so it would make some sense. :D

That would've worked.  Or Ghosts...since we went with the whitest possible logo in the history of sports maybe there's still time to just change the name; the logo would work well with it. 

1 hour ago, darell1976 said:

You have poor reading skills don't you, you didn't read when I said the words "beyond this season". I know the ice and uniforms aren't ready for this season but they can still announce the team as the Fighting Hawks and they can put the logo on the scoreboard. 

Lol, you're funny! Again...my point is even if NEXT YEAR there is no Hawk on the ice it is NOT because of the REA, it has been and will be UND's call. As far as the scoreboard I would Imagine that would have more to do with money....? But I'm not as smart as you though...:lol:

49 minutes ago, Emerald joker said:

The boos are directed toward the new name, the pc crowd and the people that have accepted the new nickname are going to have to deal with it if they haven't already

With the result of the boos being you guys feel better about yourselves for a minute afterwards?  

36 minutes ago, bigskyvikes said:

Lol, you're funny! Again...my point is even if NEXT YEAR there is no Hawk on the ice it is NOT because of the REA, it has been and will be UND's call. As far as the scoreboard I would Imagine that would have more to do with money....? But I'm not as smart as you though...:lol:

A collection must have been taken up to put the logo on the scoreboard at the Alerus, so I don't think money is a deterrent.

3 minutes ago, darell1976 said:

A collection must have been taken up to put the logo on the scoreboard at the Alerus, so I don't think money is a deterrent.

The money to put the F'Hawk at center ice was used towards the players' championship rings....jk

38 minutes ago, bigskyvikes said:

The Alerus better not fail to put the new logo on the field next season or that will be a problem!  ;)

If they do put it on the field then, I cry foul that they didn't ever have the old logo on the field!  Maybe I should start a conspiracy theory being that all of the people that were purported to want the Fighting Hawks nickname are the ones that are booing it at the games.  I think the vote was rigged!! ;)