Logo Reaction - Grade it!  

283 members have voted

1. 1. Grade the new Fighting Hawks logo

• A
    • B
    • C
    • D
    • F

People didn't want "cartoonish". OK, what came out yesterday is clearly not "cartoonish". This is "cartoonish". 

So we get something not cartoonish and that's all wrong because it's too corporate/abstract. 

When it comes to logos I see them fall into one of those two categories. 

So what else is there? 

• Upvote 1

40 minutes ago, The Sicatoka said:

Refresh your browser. It's a cached image thing. 

Actually it wasn't.  I had the new logo on the header this morning, then this afternoon it had the interlocking ND, I hit refresh the ND was still there.  I went out and back in and the ND was there.  A little while later the new logo was back.

I grew up loving all cartoons  (in KC MO & LA Calif) so I got to see all the good ones - had not seen Foghorn & the chicken hawk in a long time - Popeye & Felix the cat were my favorites 

OH! Never mind .........carry on :silly:

PS....Never grow up all u do is get old

5 hours ago, UNDvince97-01 said:

Alums, stakeholders, former athletes....

The people that exercised their ability to vote for the name.

I am not a fan of the name either, but it was voted on by those that chose to vote.

But the five options we were given on to vote from were terrible. This process was doomed to failure before it even started. I will wait for the next logo to come out before I buy anything with a logo on it. Suddenly the "North Dakota" merch isn't looking so bad.

In my opinion, when the initial assessment is "it could be worse", you have failed at creating a new logo. And expectations were low to begin with. I will continue to donate my money to the aerospace dept but I think this while process has been a joke.

• Upvote 1

4 hours ago, Irish said:

Geaux Sioux has gone out of his way to trash some from this program on this thread - a side of him I have never seen before.

I'm far from anti hockey, I'm a huge hockey fan, but im not shy about my disappointment with how the hockey program has handled the entire nickname situation.

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 2

2 hours ago, GeauxSioux said:

Actually it wasn't.  I had the new logo on the header this morning, then this afternoon it had the interlocking ND, I hit refresh the ND was still there.  I went out and back in and the ND was there.  A little while later the new logo was back.

A disgruntled employee perhaps?

Regarding not using the interlocked ND in the future:

I seem to recall when the version used by North Dakota was updated, from this to this, there was great noise as well. I recall letters to the GF Herald editor calling for Faison's head. 

My point? The interlocked has not been this great, unchanging constant that some claim. Nor have football helmets, as evidenced by this

37 minutes ago, USA said:

They were putting out a lot of stuff that just isn't so and anyone familiar with the history that got us here surely heard it. That too is about what I expect from the national media. (Makes you wonder about everything you hear from national media.) 

1 minute ago, The Sicatoka said:

They were putting out a lot of stuff that just isn't so and anyone familiar with the history that got us here surely heard it. That too is about what I expect from the national media. (Makes you wonder about everything you hear from national media.) 

No mention of the strong arm of the NCAA in there anywhere.  Shouldn't that still be the biggest part of story?

Just now, 77iceman said:

No mention of the strong arm of the NCAA in there anywhere.  Shouldn't that still be the biggest part of story?

Yeah, that's kind of a major milestone moment (August 5, 2005) in the timeline that just got ... wha'? SQUIRREL! :D

Just now, geaux_sioux said:

I'm far from anti hockey, I'm a huge hockey fan, but im not shy about my disappointment with how the hockey program has handled the entire nickname situation.

Well the Football program spent years not really embracing the logo, now they are embracing the new logo and name. In contrast the Hockey program really embraced the fighting Sioux logo and Identity, and now they are not really embracing the new nickname or logo. The teams all have their own different sub cultures and styles, and the logo and font style doesn't really look great on hockey, especially considering the for hockey the tendency is to go for an older or more retro look rather than futuristic

• Upvote 4

42 minutes ago, ArchyAlum11 said:

... especially considering the for hockey the tendency is to go for an older or more retro look rather than futuristic

I'm not sure I completely agree with that. The alternate NYI jersey is clearly not. Winter Classic jerseys are "trial balloons" for the future. The WCoH jerseys are somewhere in between. But I do understand what you are saying. 

I think the new font on the hockey jersey front would be fine, but that logo is a shoulder patch unless they simplify it down to be like this

7 hours ago, Irish said:

Could be, but the football only group seems to think bashing student athletes or coaches who aren't as fired up as BUBBA about this new logo is just fine 

Again forgive me....but "football only group"?  Who are these people?  I literally know none.

• Upvote 1