SiouxSports.com Forum

2016 Stanley Cup Playoffs

jimdahl

On June 8, 2016 at 10:47 AM, MafiaMan said:

Boy, if only Minnesota had won the NCAA men's hockey national championship, this would have shaped up to have been a "banner" year for you, DaveK!  :lol: 

He tacitly acknowledges it with "likes". I guess the team that won 7 banners previous to this season "doesn't exist anymore". It's just moronic. 

• Upvote 3

10 hours ago, sioux rube said:

5 goals in the first and none in the second. That's hockey. 

A lot of series lately have one game where the score total is like that of three other series games combined. I thought last night was going to be that game. 

No doubt the better team won the Cup. Happy for Cullen and that's it. If it weren't for Jones between the pipes this thing would of been done in 4. Kid has a hell of a future. In 3 months training camp starts back up. Looking forward to seeing what the new regime can to with the Wild.

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, DaveK said:

In the last 10 years the Penguins have...

Qualified for the playoffs 10 times, advanced beyond the 1st round 6 times, advanced to the conference finals 4 times, advanced to the Stanley Cup finals 3 times, and won the Stanley Cup 2 times.

How many NHL franchises can say they have put together a better overall body of work during that period of time?

LA and Chicago...next question.

• Upvote 4
  • Downvote 1

55 minutes ago, DaveK said:

#2 if you're counting Stanley Cup victories alone, arguably #1 if you consider the overall body of work. After all, Chicago did miss the playoffs twice in the last 10 years.

I'm quite confident that the Chicago NHL franchise would not trade a Stanley Cup for two additional playoff appearances. 

Next question. 

• Upvote 4

13 minutes ago, Hayduke said:

I didn't like either team in the finals and didn't watch.  Just found out that Sid the former Kid's team won. 

Whoopie...  

I think this year was one of the most uninteresting Stanley Cup Finals I have ever seen. Absolutely boring.

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, DaveK said:

#2 if you're counting Stanley Cup victories alone, arguably #1 if you consider the overall body of work. After all, Chicago did miss the playoffs twice in the last 10 years.

Its all about the Cup.