SiouxSports.com Forum

2016 Stanley Cup Playoffs

jimdahl

31 minutes ago, DaveK said:

Over the past 15 seasons the hockey teams from the University of North Dakota have qualified for 14 NCAA tournaments, advanced to the Frozen Four 8 times, advanced to the national championship 2 times, and won the championship game 1 time.

While other schools have won multiple national championships over the past 15 seasons UND fans still believe their teams have compiled the best overall body of work during that period of time, no?

Next question.

Boston College fans could tell us we're wrong. (That hurt.) 

• Upvote 1

32 minutes ago, DaveK said:

Over the past 15 seasons the hockey teams from the University of North Dakota have qualified for 14 NCAA tournaments, advanced to the Frozen Four 8 times, advanced to the national championship 2 times, and won the championship game 1 time.

While other schools have won multiple national championships over the past 15 seasons UND fans still believe their teams have compiled the best overall body of work during that period of time, no?

Next question.

Actually, I think BC has the best overall body of work. I'd take their record during last 15 years over UND's any day of the week. 

• Upvote 1

Sidney Crosby getting the Conn Smythe ahead of Matt Murray is a joke.  Pure Bettman.  

Sidney did not score in the finals and was a minus overall in the playoffs; in fact, he had a worse playoff Pts/Gm and +/- than...Eric Haula of the long-ago eliminated Wild.

He was tied for 19th on his team in +/-, tied for 3rd on his team in goals, 2nd in assists, 2nd in points.

He was not the difference maker for Pitt...it was Murray and the team shot-blocking...which you could extrapolate was part of Sidney's leadership, but that's a stretch.

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

18 minutes ago, fightingsioux4life said:

Why? Because the Bruins weren't in it? :p;)

I don't like either team. There were no villains. No exciting matchups in the later rounds. The best rounds were in the first two rounds. Instead of watching a few series, I ended up watching Criminal Minds on Netfilx.

12 minutes ago, yzerman19 said:

Sidney Crosby getting the Conn Smythe ahead of Matt Murray is a joke.  Pure Bettman.  

Sidney did not score in the finals and was a minus overall in the playoffs; in fact, he had a worse playoff Pts/Gm and +/- than...Eric Haula of the long-ago eliminated Wild.

He was tied for 19th on his team in +/-, tied for 3rd on his team in goals, 2nd in assists, 2nd in points.

He was not the difference maker for Pitt...it was Murray and the team shot-blocking...which you could extrapolate was part of Sidney's leadership, but that's a stretch.

I've said it before and I'll say it again...I'm not a huge Sidney Crosby hater.  That being said, I agree, Crosby winning the Conn Smythe was a joke.

5 hours ago, DaveK said:

That is probably the dumbest post I have ever read on this forum, and I have read some extremely dumb posts here over the years. Congratulations!

2010: played 13 games; out in the second round.

2011: played 7 games; out in the first round.

2012: played 6 out of 7 games; out in the first round.

2013: played 5 out of 15 games; out in the conference finals

2014: played 13 games; out in the second round.

2015: played 5 games out in the first round.

2016: played in 2 games and the Penguins win the cup.

Again how was my post the dumbest you've ever read on here, looks like I was right.