SiouxSports.com Forum

UND FIGHTING HAWKS vs. CC Tigers - SATURDAY Gameday

AZSIOUX

9 minutes ago, snova4 said:

Is it safe to back away from the cliff?

I don't know how many of us were actually on the cliff but as well as this team has done this year,  there are some concerns.  This was evident during the wisco loss and last night...  Hard to not enjoy the ride...

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, willythekid said:

I don't know how many of us were actually on the cliff but as well as this team has done this year,  there are some concerns.  This was evident during the wisco loss and last night...  Hard to not enjoy the ride...

It is hard not to enjoy the ride.  Now turn to Friday night, on the road.  Western is coming off a pair of trips to the woodshed in St. Cloud.  They will be hungry. 

I trust Bubs and his crew to get this team prepared and show up in Kalamazoo ready to play. 

Go SIOUX!!!

1 hour ago, Vegas_Sioux said:

poganski 2-0

Poganski is really playing big. 

11 minutes ago, willythekid said:

Surely you didn't think the team would never have off nights.   The Circus had lost 6 games at this point in the schedule in 1987.   The boys had a soft 1/2 schedule and have a long way to go, but they have been extremely consistent

• Upvote 3

5 minutes ago, burd said:

Poganski is really playing big. 

Surely you didn't think the team would never have off nights.   The Circus had lost 6 games at this point in the schedule in 1987.   The boys had a soft 1/2 schedule and have a long way to go, but they have been extremely consistent

It's funny. Our three ties and one of our three losses are against bad teams. That's obviously not good but at the same time that means we have been taking care of business against the better teams on our schedule. It's encouraging and discouraging at the same time.

3 hours ago, Goon said:

I'll do it tomorrow or later tonight. 

Here are the video highlights

I include the video of the major penalty. 

I also included the major penalty. I think the player from Colorado College embellished the hit. I also thought it was a shoulder-to-shoulder hit. Again, I would like to see another angle of this hit, just to make sure.

1 hour ago, Goon said:

I also included the major penalty. I think the player from Colorado College embellished the hit. I also thought it was a shoulder-to-shoulder hit. Again, I would like to see another angle of this hit, just to make sure.

Hell of an acting job by the CC player.  Diver.

4 hours ago, Goon said:

Wow, wasn't even from behind. A simple rub out you see 50 times a game. Not even a hard hit. And a great acting job by CC, although these referees were getting sucked into some strange calls the last half of the third (the mugging of Gardner by 4 CC players and he gets the lone roughing).. Guessthey were  trying to even up the marbles.

Didn't see it at all during the action, just saw the 5 go up on the board. Thought at the time it was a stupid chance for the C to take when the game was in hand, but now seeing it I'll change my mind.

• Upvote 1

IMO Gardner cemented himself as our #2 centermen after this weekend. LJ has come alive offensively but still feel he fits best on a wing right now. Really like what Sanderson brings as a 4th line center. As centermen go I would go in order Schmaltz, Gardner, Simo and Sanderson. After watching Gornall live in his 2 games I struggle to understand how he has only played 2 games. Last night he absolutely controlled the corners in the offensive zone and is a big upgrade defensively on that 4th line. When Wolanin goes back to D #4 and Shaw need to start splitting starts.