SiouxSports.com Forum

UND FIGHTING HAWKS vs. CC Tigers - SATURDAY Gameday

AZSIOUX

7 minutes ago, sprig said:

Wow, wasn't even from behind. A simple rub out you see 50 times a game. Not even a hard hit. And a great acting job by CC, although these referees were getting sucked into some strange calls the last half of the third. Guess trying to even up the marbles.

Didn't see it at all during the action, just saw the 5 go up on the board. Thought at the time it was a stupid chance for the C to take when the game was in hand, but now seeing it I'll change my mind.

Hit happened right in front of us. Terrible call........great dive in selling it.

2 minutes ago, Oxbow6 said:

Hit happened right in front of us. Terrible call........great dive in selling it.

I was in 107 at the time and couldn't see the corner in front of 110. If I had I wouldn't have thought anything of that mild hit anyway.

I'm not surprised we didn't see Tomek last night.  We all know there are two Cam Johnsons: the one with the four game shutout streak and the one that played against LSSU last year.  If you sit Cam after one bad game, you risk the chance that he gets in his own head and reverts back to LSSU Cam.  I think it was a smart decision to let him get back in there and settle in.

Love the energy and combo of Gornall/Sanderson.  Not sure who said it earlier, but it is so much fun to watch them score because they get absolutely giddy, and I think the rest of the team gets just as psyched up for them.

I'm sure I'll get razzed a bit for this, but I can see how Ausmus was called for a major in real time.  I didn't think the hit was anything until the CC player didn't get up.  Then I watched the replay repeatedly.  It's not much, but Ausmus leaves his right foot a little bit in order to hit higher.  With the way the CC player's head snapped back, I don't blame the refs for that one, though I expected it to be contact to the head rather than boarding.

All in all, good to see this team put in ten goals without Cags and Schmaltz.  Should be interesting to see who's in the line up when those two come back.

1 hour ago, keikla said:

I'm not surprised we didn't see Tomek last night.  We all know there are two Cam Johnsons: the one with the four game shutout streak and the one that played against LSSU last year.  If you sit Cam after one bad game, you risk the chance that he gets in his own head and reverts back to LSSU Cam.  I think it was a smart decision to let him get back in there and settle in.

Love the energy and combo of Gornall/Sanderson.  Not sure who said it earlier, but it is so much fun to watch them score because they get absolutely giddy, and I think the rest of the team gets just as psyched up for them.

I'm sure I'll get razzed a bit for this, but I can see how Ausmus was called for a major in real time.  I didn't think the hit was anything until the CC player didn't get up.  Then I watched the replay repeatedly.  It's not much, but Ausmus leaves his right foot a little bit in order to hit higher.  With the way the CC player's head snapped back, I don't blame the refs for that one, though I expected it to be contact to the head rather than boarding.

All in all, good to see this team put in ten goals without Cags and Schmaltz.  Should be interesting to see who's in the line up when those two come back.

The problem with hits like that is it was behind Kresbach and Sterns calls it from 100 feet away after talking with the linesmen Eslinger was pretty adamant that it was a major.  Why with all the TV coverage now that hockey can't review like football with the targeting hits, that would have allowed Sterns and Kresbach to watch it frame by frame.