SiouxSports.com Forum

Next UND President

UNDvince97-01

10 minutes ago, jdub27 said:

I think it was the best choice from the finalists. If Shirley chooses to spend some time at a research university, I think the job is his for the taking next time around.

Yup. That is the glaring hole in his resume. 

McFeely jumped on President Kennedy when he mentioned that UND was the Flagship school in the state.    McFeely said that people in Fargo think NDSU is the Flagship school. He then referred to the new president as  (Hey pal).    McFeely tried his best to create reasons NDSU and Fargo people should dislike him.     He failed..     Way to be totally professional McFeely. .   McFeely's  Bison colors were very evident.        President Kennedy handled  himself wonderfully.   Kind of sad that during the first day he gets the job that MCFeely would take the low road and try to denigrate him..   

• Upvote 2

31 minutes ago, homer said:

Kennedy was just on the McFeely show.  Mike tried to get Kennedy to put his foot in his mouth multiple times regarding enrollment targets, flying business or coach, hockey vs. football and others but the new president handled himself very well.  

I live in Fargo and I don't always realize it but McFeely and other Bison fans really feel threatened by UND.  There is no way that Mike would ask those questions to Brescanni.  

Now that the majority of the nickname sideshow is over and UND has a fresh start in the president's office, they can actually devote time and resources into important things again. It isn't a huge surprise they might be a little threatened, especially considering Kennedy has a background working with legislators as a former one himself while Bresciani seems to be willfully ignorant while doing things to upset the folks in Bismarck. Throw in McFeely's political leanings and his recent change in stripes where he defends all that is NDSU, no surprise he tried to create issues where there are none. Par for the course for him.

2 minutes ago, Risky said:

McFeely jumped on President Kennedy when he mentioned that UND was the Flagship school in the state.    McFeely said that people in Fargo think NDSU is the Flagship school. He then referred to the new president as  (Hey pal).    McFeely tried his best to create reasons NDSU and Fargo people should dislike him.     He failed..     Way to be totally professional McFeely. .   McFeely's  Bison colors were very evident.        President Kennedy handled  himself wonderfully.   Kind of sad that during the first day he gets the job that MCFeely would take the low road and try to denigrate him..   

This ^^^^^^^^.  I'm waiting for the podcast to become available so others can listen and give there thoughts but man, it was a poor interview and Kennedy did a good job not taking any of the bait.  

I just really find it funny that nothing UND does can be brought up by the Fargo media without a mention of NDSU.  

If that interview was a boxing match,   none of  McFeeley's  punches landed.    McFeeley definitely lost that fight.  Kennedy was calm and cool he didn't let McFeeley  accomplish his objectives  .  McFeeley might not want to have him on again.    Very inappropriate timing for that type of interview. 

4 minutes ago, Dagger said:

If that interview was a boxing match,   none of  McFeeley's  punches landed.    McFeeley definitely lost that fight.  Kennedy was calm and cool he didn't let McFeeley  accomplish his objectives  .  McFeeley might not want to have him on again.    Very inappropriate timing for that type of interview. 

McFooly is an embarrassment to broadcasting and journalism in general. Complete hack.

• Upvote 1

Joel heitcamp was the same way today

asking about stem cell research votes while in congress and if our medical school does that kind of research and also on interest on student loans

he didn't take the bait on this either

why make it political?

heitcamp should return his diploma and get one from the a.c.