SiouxSports.com Forum

2017 UND Recruiting

UND Fan

12 hours ago, UND-FB-FAN said:

Well, if living in Hawaii was the only aspect of the decision for recruits than I would expect Hawaii to be an annual top 25 program (i.e., they'd receive a bunch of good players). Fact of the matter is they are horrible. Hawaii's location is literally one of the only advantages of that bad football program.

Sure hope he chooses THE University of North Dakota, where the future of the football program is incredibly bright.

Oh I agree there are a lot of factors that come into play, and living so far away from home is not always ideal for some people.  It was more just an initial thought thinking about the huge contrast between living in Hawaii and North Dakota. :)   Having his brother at UND definitely puts a plus in our box when doing comparison's.  Hopefully we can get him, all of the top quality guys we can get in the secondary the better! 

• Upvote 1

8 hours ago, UND Fan said:

Two new offers:

S Tamas Stewart, 6', 195, Rialto (Chaffey College), CA Has offer from SF Austin

WR Ethan Wittenburg, 6'2", 195, Franklin (Franklin),  WI  PWO offer

A note about Stewart - he is a mid-year so he would be around for Spring ball.

3 minutes ago, SiouxScore said:

Why would he be an LB? He told teams coming out of high school he wanted to play RB otherwise he wouldn't consider them.

I wondered the same thing considering we have 2 all conference rb's and a solid third option. It's just a curious fit. 

Don't get me wrong, psyched to have him

2 minutes ago, SiouxScore said:

Why would he be an LB? He told teams coming out of high school he wanted to play RB otherwise he wouldn't consider them.

You never know. Things change as did his plans of Minnesota. Clearly a talent regardless that I'm excited to have on the roster but the RB position here is pretty crowded not that he can't move his way up the depth chart. 

3 minutes ago, SiouxScore said:

Things can change once you hit the real world. If he's going to be a running back then you'd have to think Santiago would move to WR. If he plays LB then hopefully he can step in a contribute right away.

• Upvote 3

7 minutes ago, sioux24/7 said:

Awesome! As a LB?

It appears as a RB. That's quite a crowded backfield we'll have next year. Makes me wander if Santiago gets moved out of the backfield and back to WR. Where he initially started. He could be deadly in the slot if utilized correctly. Especially if we had a speed guy on the outside to stretch the field. 

2 minutes ago, bang said:

It appears as a RB. That's quite a crowded backfield we'll have next year. Makes me wander if Santiago gets moved out of the backfield and back to WR. Where he initially started. He could be deadly in the slot if utilized correctly. Especially if we had a speed guy on the outside to stretch the field. 

If Clive is back and then u put Santiago in the slot... Oliveria in the backfield...

• Upvote 2

4 minutes ago, bang said:

I guess I don't care where Santiago is lined up on the field as long as he is out there and getting his touches.